Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself. xx
  • Options
    madlh100madlh100 Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member
    Ohhh my love.

I feel for you. It will get easier.

Think of the good times. He'll be up in the sky dancing with the angels and having a right ball.

He's at peace.

Lots of people here for you. xxx
  • Options
    cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so sorry for your loss, have seen you on here over the years posting and you are a loving, wonderful person, your husband was very lucky.
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too am sorry to hear of your loss. Look after yourself. x
  • Options
    fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sincere condolences to you and yours; try to be with your loved ones as much as you can over the coming days and weeks, and look after yourself.
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daughter is coping so much better than me. How, I can't explain. We just had something to eat, but can't as Mr Q isn't here. The last place he sat was at the chair at the dining table. I smell of him. I saw his body and he looked so peaceful, sleeping without the snoring. I kissed and kissed and hoped there might just be a little sign. But nothing. Daughter is supposed to be back at school next week, and she wants to go as that is what her Dad would have wanted, she says. I never want to hear her scream like the way she did this morning. So far family and friends have been so wonderfully supportive. His daughters are arranging the funeral. I have mentioned that I would like it to be a celebration of his life. He was the sort of person who would do anything for anyone. A big heart and strong shoulders. A sharp mind and a wicked sense of humour. 19 years have gone by too quickly
    Everyones' posts here have been so comforting. Thank you XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
  • Options
    missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    abivanabivan Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh Querty, I agree with your daughter. She should go back to school next week. Although she will be heartbroken and shocked, she is absolutely right - her dad would want her life to continue as normal. To be back in the thick of things with her friends around her giving her support is no bad thing. It is such a shock when things like this happen you have to do what your gut instinct tells you is right.

As someone who has been a child on the end of this I think she is doing the right thing. It is such a long haul and the shock and grief keeps hitting you when you least expect it. Just keep talking and giving each other all the support and understanding in the world.

I'm pleased that his other daughters are being so supportive. Much love xx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done QG, you've got through today, you made your phonecalls and the formalities are being dealt with.
    You will be so glad that you were there and saw him at peace.
    Remember there are so many of us with you tonight and we all care even though we haven't met. How odd is that, but it's true:)
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Time of Sorrow...

May you see God's light on the path ahead
    When the road you walk is dark.
    May you always hear,
    Even in your hour of sorrow,
    The gentle singing of the lark.
    When times are hard may hardness
    Never turn your heart to stone,
    May you always remember
    when the shadows fall—
    You do not walk alone.

====================================

Remember you have friends here who will pass the night woth you xxx
  • Options
    abivanabivan Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mog123 wrote: »
    Remember there are so many of us with you tonight and we all care even though we haven't met. How odd is that, but it's true:)[/QUOTE

This is so true, we are all affected by this at some point in our life and as much as we are strangers we are here in the small way we can be. PM if you need to.x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *hugs*
  • Options
    hayleyghayleyg Posts: 15,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My deepest condolences to you Qwerty & your family xx
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will never forget the look on his face though. Daughter never, ever thought she would be father-less at her age. She is devestated. She has gone upstairs to see one of our neighbours who was with us this morning. Never, ever thought that one day I would have to bring her up by myself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was so quick. He had a massive heart attack this morning and tried my best with the CPR until the ambulance arrived. Our 14 year old daughter saw this. He had already been to see his GP early this morning and she said go home and she would call and ambulance for him. he came and sorted out what medication he was to bring with him to the hospital. he sat in the living room and his eyes rolled. I went with him to the hospital where he soon passed away. I am alone in the house. Daughter is being comforted by her 2-half-sisters while I'm here thinking of what to do. Heartbroken doesn't even cover how I feel. Also, it's the 15th anniversary of his mothers death. I'm devestated.

my deep heartfelt sympathy xx
  • Options
    gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so, so sorry to hear this QG. Just take each day as it comes and don't expect too much of yourself.

There is always someone here on DS if you need a chat, day or night. Look after yourself and your family xx

RIP Mr Q
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so very sorry to read of your loss. Take care of yourself and your daughter.
  • Options
    LibrasunLibrasun Posts: 402
    Forum Member
    QwertyGirl, I am so sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself and your daughter - and dont think you are imposing on friends and neighbours at such a time. Take comfort from their help and support.

Sending you big hugs and prayers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so very sorry to read this. May he rest in peace and I hope you find some comfort in your loving memories.
    I will say a prayer for you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crying my eyes out for you - so many people deeply care for your and your daughter and familys' pain.

I will pray for you too.
  • Options
    LaChatteGitaneLaChatteGitane Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you.
  • Options
    LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never thought we would part this way. But......he tweaked my nipple this morning just before he went to his GP, so I know in my heart-of-hearts he still 'wanted fun'. He spoke to his sister last night about Christmas and the things he was going to make (kofta curry and rice for Boxing Day). I just spoke to my neighbours who were with me this morning. I feel so numb, my eyes are red stinging from crying and the shock. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think this would happen.
    Always hug the ones you love because you never know when it'll be the last. Mr Qs' heart packed while he was in my arms. His eyes were horrible. I tried so hard. Our daughter was screaming. I just pounded his chest, sorted his head for me to breath into him and begged and prayed.
    Thank you all XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Oh Qwerty so saddened by your news, This happened to a family friend a few years ago, big strong man just dropped dead awful no-one could take it in
    But please try & take some comfort in that he was up for some fun. He must have passed away happy try & keep that as your last memory not the awful things
    Stay strong Qwerty xx (())
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feel very sad and tearful for you QG. We are all here for you for as long as you need. Sometimes DS gets is wrong, but at times like this people are so kind and thoughtful. The kindness of strangers can sometimes be a real comfort. Take care xx
  • Options
    JessTheCatJessTheCat Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't begin to know how you feel. I'm so sad for you.

I know that I, and I'm sure many others, will be thinking of you tonight.

Much love, Jess xx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    So very sad to hear this QwertyGirl. Your love for your husband shone through your posts when you mentioned him. He was a lucky man. Take care.
This discussion has been closed.