Bruce Forsyth a UK Legend.Please show some respect

1313233343537»

Comments

• Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »
    Bruce was perfect tonight, clearly been told to fill at the start, I saw Ant and Dec make far far more mistakes this week on IAC.

That's "faint praise" indeed.

If you're judging a performance of someone who's been in the business for over half a century, with those two numpties, you must be desperate.
  • Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    Oh give over you are fooling no one we all saw him fluff dither and forget his lines

I didn't
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »
    Bruce was perfect tonight, clearly been told to fill at the start, I saw Ant and Dec make far far more mistakes this week on IAC.

That's a very good point A.D.P.
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    I am resigned to the fact that he is aiming to do a Tommy Cooper, such a shame as he was reasonably slick in his day. The fact that within 2 minutes of the show opening he was wiping spit from his chin is all a bit sad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Strictly Was Not The Same Tonight, Sir Bruce Has To be Respected For What He Brings To Strictly Come Dancing.
  • Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    Well Strictly Was Not The Same Tonight, Sir Bruce Has To be Respected For What He Brings To Strictly Come Dancing.

For once Terry, the BIB is absolutely correct. It was better, much better, with slick presentation and Judges who could talk without puerile interruptions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For once Terry, the BIB is absolutely correct. It was better, much better, with slick presentation and Judges who could talk without puerile interruptions.

Who Wants Slick Presentation And Boring Judges Droning On About Miniscule Matters, I Want To Be Entertained When I Sit Down In Front Of My Telly box On A Saturday Night And Sir Bruce Is The Master Of Live Light Entertainment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    deleted
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member

Yes, indeed, it was better for me without the increasingly irritating presence of Bruce.

Just a slight pity that Len seemed to decide to go a bit loopy for the evening as if as some form of substitute.

I'm not sure about Tess and Claudia long term, but I now prefer nights with that pair presenting rather than Bruce and Tess.
  • socialdancersocialdancer Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    It was better, much better, with slick presentation and Judges who could talk without puerile interruptions.

Absolutely, it flowed smoothly, Tess and particularly Claudia did a great job. I watch the American show DWTS, and their presenter is a master at the job - brilliant with the ad libs, great with the pros and celebs, is able to read the auto cue properly - he knows that it is not his show, whereas Bruce seems to be under the impression that it is the Bruce Forsyth Show. Really enjoyed last night's show when I was able to watch live without recording and fast forwarding.
  • Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who Wants Slick Presentation And Boring Judges Droning On About Miniscule Matters, I Want To Be Entertained When I Sit Down In Front Of My Telly box On A Saturday Night And Sir Bruce Is The Master Of Live Light Entertainment.

Guess you'll be very happy next week then. Not too many others though, perhaps.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guess you'll be very happy next week then. Not too many others though, perhaps.

I was very happy to hear yesterday that Sir Bruce has expressed the desire to carry on at the helm of Strictly Come Dancing in 2014, its the news that many have been looking forward too as Strictly would not be the same without Sir Bruce presiding over proceedings, all we need now is for the producers to allow him to perform free of the restriction of the auto cue.