Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
Forum Member
✭✭
calico_pie wrote: »
I don't need to have formal legal training to understand the difference between objective fact, and unconfirmed speculation.

What objective facts are contained in Oscars story? Apart from him shooting his girlfriend?

Continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1799858

Comments

• PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crikey, at this rate we'll have a dozen threads before the trial begins...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If there is a gap between the door and the top or the bottom of the cubicle, so that a few inches or more are visible, I noticed on a photo of the toilet (If this is actually of the toilet in OP's residence, and there might be some doubt about that), that there is a washbasin and a mirror above it. The tiles on the floor of the bathroom seem somewhat reflective. Could OP have used a reflection from the mirror onto the tiles in the bathroom to help him aim ?
  • CojonesCojones Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    petertard wrote: »
    If there is a gap between the door and the top or the bottom of the cubicle, so that a few inches or more are visible, I noticed on a photo of the toilet (If this is actually of the toilet in OP's residence, and there might be some doubt about that), that there is a washbasin and a mirror above it. The tiles on the floor of the bathroom seem somewhat reflective. Could OP have used a reflection from the mirror onto the tiles in the bathroom to help him aim ?

Don't know about that. But he sure got her, didn't he...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the door goes all the way up and down, I don't see how he could use sight to help him aim, unless the door was open. If we go with the closed door, only sound could help him aim, and most prominent sound coming from the toilet would be the loud sound of flushing. OP does not appear to say he heard the toilet flushing in his affadavit, but if Reeva had just used to loo (hence her empty bladder), he should have heard the very recent sound of the flush, since he heard everything else, and since it was dark (so he says) his most acute sense would be sound.

If she had used the loo, flushed the toilet, this might indicate the location of whoever was in the toilet as being close to it, but now surely OP should realise it is not very likely an intruder would alert people in the house to his presence by making the loudest noise possible, the flushing of the toilet. Much more likely it was Reeva, you would think.
    Forum Member
    If the door goes all the way up and down, I don't see how he could use sight to help him aim, unless the door was open. If we go with the closed door, only sound could help him aim, and most prominent sound coming from the toilet would be the loud sound of flushing. OP does not appear to say he heard the toilet flushing in his affadavit, but if Reeva had just used to loo (hence her empty bladder), he should have heard the very recent sound of the flush, since he heard everything else, and since it was dark (so he says) his most acute sense would be sound.

If she had used the loo, flushed the toilet, this might indicate the location of whoever was in the toilet as being close to it, but now surely OP should realise it is not very likely an intruder would alert people in the house to his presence by making the loudest noise possible, the flushing of the toilet. Much more likely it was Reeva, you would think.

Hi, please read this and let's discuss it:

The bladder thing is a canard that his defense threw out there to claim that Reeva went to the toilet, etc, etc, etc... to support his lies in his Affidavit. Reeva was alive for a long time after he shot her, her heart pumping and she was bleeding. Her kidneys were producing urine throughout that time until she eventually died, then production stopped. The fact that her bladder was completely empty at death means that she voided her bladder when she eventually died or in the few minutes just prior to her death - downstairs!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If there was no flushing sound, OP could only locate her by guesswork if he had no direct or even indirect line-of-sight, or if she screamed on hearing the first bullet (fired from furthest away, which may have missed her).
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What objective facts are contained in Oscars story? Apart from him shooting his girlfriend?

Continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1799858

Scant few.

It is however the only version events we have from someone who was there, so that is the story which is under scrutiny.

And I have not rubbished other views. What I have done is consider whether or not they disprove any of what he has said.
    Forum Member
    If there was no flushing sound, OP could only locate her by guesswork if he had no direct or even indirect line-of-sight, or if she screamed on hearing the first bullet (fired from furthest away, which may have missed her).

He fired from 1.5 meters distance, Reeva was trapped in a very small space and she was screaming (witness Affidavits, under oath). He chose the correct position in the bathroom to fire from, he chose the correct angle to point the gun at Reeva to hit her with three bullets. Reeva is dead with three bullets in her body and head. I'm just not seeing the mystery about this toilet stall issue.

Mr. Pistorious did not screw around and drag out the execution over time with lots of chit chat and bantering, or at least I hope he didn't. Evidence shows Reeva screamed; Mr. Pistorious fired once from the entry, then moved in as close as he possibly could and fired three (3) more times at Reeva as she was screaming 1.5 meters from him. Whether he could see over or under the door is yet to be determined. I'd like to know but I don't see the mystery...
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Cojones wrote: »
    Hi, please read this and let's discuss it:

The bladder thing is a canard that his defense threw out there to claim that Reeva went to the toilet, etc, etc, etc... to support his lies in his Affidavit. Reeva was alive for a long time after he shot her, her heart pumping and she was bleeding. Her kidneys were producing urine throughout that time until she eventually died, then production stopped. The fact that her bladder was completely empty at death means that she voided her bladder when she eventually died or in the few minutes just prior to her death - downstairs!

How do you know Reeva was alive for a long time ? Or in fact a short time ?
    Forum Member
    Scant few.

It is however the only version events we have from someone who was there, so that is the story which is under scrutiny.

And I have not rubbished other views. What I have done is consider whether or not they disprove any of what he has said.

You are wanting everyone to talk about the statement of events as told by Mr. Pistorious, exclusively; because he was the only one in the house, that is still alive, who can tell you what happened. But the Authorities are telling a different story of events based upon the Investigative Teams findings and witness accounts. But you insist that everyone must discard every shred of evidence, outside of that ridiculous self serving Affidavit - unless it is something that favors Mr. Pistorious' claims. That is unacceptable.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scant few.

Or, he has come up with a story to fit the circumstances.

No one can disprove he says he heard a burglar, but we can disprove he did hear one.
    Forum Member
    How do you know Reeva was alive for a long time ? Or in fact a short time ?

It's the blood, the continuous bleeding. The bathroom, the hallway upstairs, and the area he placed her downstairs were all described as very bloody. Dead people do not bleed, because their hearts have stopped and no longer pump blood through the body. In this case her heart was beating and pumping blood through her body and out of her gunshot wounds in three (3) areas of the home. You can research this on Wikipedia, look at "Veins" and they will describe this scientific fact.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or, he has come up with a story to fit the circumstances.

No one can disprove he says he heard a burglar, but we can disprove he did hear one.

No, we can't really.

It can be disproved that he heard an actual burglar but it cannot be disproved he heard a noise he thought was a burglar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    No, we can't really.

It can be disproved that he heard an actual burglar but it cannot be disproved he heard a noise he thought was a burglar.

In which case we go back to whether he used reasonable force in the circumstances that he believed. (If anyone does believe him, apart from the obvious)
    Forum Member
    aggs wrote: »
    No, we can't really.

I know, that "noise" thing really has caused Mr. Pistorious a lot of trouble. I can't even remember if he fully described that "noise?" He did right, we know exactly what it is by his description of it? Someone please tell me, I don't feel like reading that Affidavit again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know, that "noise" thing really has caused Mr. Pistorious a lot of trouble. I can't even remember if he fully described that "noise?" He did right, we know exactly what it is by his description of it? Someone please tell me, I don't feel like reading that Affidavit again.

I think it was a noise so frightening, and threatening, that he had to get a gun, and kill the source of the noise before even wakening his girlfriend.
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quoted from calico pie on the earlier thread:
    Secondly, even if it is the case, again it tells us nothing about who OP thought he was shooting.

I still don't quite understand why you think it makes a difference.
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    It's the blood, the continuous bleeding. The bathroom, the hallway upstairs, and the area he placed her downstairs were all described as very bloody. Dead people do not bleed, because their hearts have stopped and no longer pump blood through the body. In this case her heart was beating and pumping blood through her body and out of her gunshot wounds in three (3) areas of the home. You can research this on Wikipedia, look at "Veins" and they will describe this scientific fact.

I dont need to Goggle anything TY I have laid out enough dead bodies to get the gist of what happens .My question to you was how you know she was alive " a long time " ?
    How long was she alive and how do you know ?How long is a a long time in your opinion
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was shot some time before 3.20pm, when OP first called someone else. When the paramedics arrived, they pronounced Reeva dead. That would be about 3.50pm, so she could have been alive for 30 minutes, but she might have died before she was officially pronounced dead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Scant few.

It is fact that OP shot to death RS.
    He pruposely armed himself with a 9mm pistol.
    He purposely moved to the bathroom with it.
    He opened fire with considerable accuracy.
    Witnesses state the lights were on and there were screams.
    OP claims to have heard an intruder.
    There was no intruder.
    We know of the security setup, gated comunity, guard dogs and alarm in his house.
    None of these security items gave any idication of an intruder.

These we know as facts.
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quoted from calico pie on the earlier thread:

I still don't quite understand why you think it makes a difference.

You seriously don't think there's any difference at all between knowingly killing Reeva, and mistakenly killing her because he thought he was shooting an armed intruder.

Legally, it will likely mean the difference between premeditated murder and culpable homicide.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was shot some time before 3.20pm, when OP first called someone else. When the paramedics arrived, they pronounced Reeva dead. That would be about 3.50pm, so she could have been alive for 30 minutes, but she might have died before she was officially pronounced dead.

Was she shot during the day?

I thought it all happened at night. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, am.
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why was the other thread locked? Is this part 2?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could she have been alive for up to 30 minutes after being shot in the head, bleeding to death ? If so, what was happening during all that time ?
This discussion has been closed.