Options

Daley was aggressive to Dexter as well

MeseneMesene Posts: 1,315
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Long before Daley started on Hazel he was being aggressive and intimidatory towards Dexter.

On more than one occasion he aggressively told Dexter that Dexter better not be mugging him off. At one point he had Dexter in a half headlock telling him not to abuse his trust.

When Dexter was talking to Hazel in the tree house Daley was working himself up and then stormed out there aggressively and shouted at Dexter in the tree house till Dexter came down.

Daley scapegoated Dexter by nominating him in face to face but made it out that it was Dexters fault and that Dexter needed to do more to gain Daley's trust.

In many ways Dexter was a battered wife more than Hazel.

Comments

• Options
    Conall CearnachConall Cearnach Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree.
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For some reason that I still can't figure out, Dexter considered it highly important that Daley respects him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason that I still can't figure out, Dexter considered it highly important that Daley respects him.

Maybe because Daley has some of the qualities Dexter wishes he did. Like the pretty girls all saying he was their type and Hazel fancying the pants off him.

Dexter wishes he could be Daley in those instances.
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    He should have got a warning for that, i thought he was going to punch Dexter.
  • Options
    PontywarriorPontywarrior Posts: 8,142
    Forum Member
    Agreed!

When he was ranting and raving in the garden looking for Dexter in the tree house I thought that something would be said to him, he was so aggressive!

Dexter handled him very well.
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daley obviously has bigger issues than we can analyse on here, he sits, sulks, then snaps at the slightest bit of pisstaking, leave it to the professionals :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Agreed!

When he was ranting and raving in the garden looking for Dexter in the tree house I thought that something would be said to him, he was so aggressive!

Totally agree with this, his moods are far too temperamental and had the situation gone further, I wouldn't have liked Dexter's odds when faced with confrontation with a boxer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dexter didn't handle him Dexter pandered to him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mesene wrote: »
    Long before Daley started on Hazel he was being aggressive and intimidatory towards Dexter.

On more than one occasion he aggressively told Dexter that Dexter better not be mugging him off. At one point he had Dexter in a half headlock telling him not to abuse his trust.

When Dexter was talking to Hazel in the tree house Daley was working himself up and then stormed out there aggressively and shouted at Dexter in the tree house till Dexter came down.

Daley scapegoated Dexter by nominating him in face to face but made it out that it was Dexters fault and that Dexter needed to do more to gain Daley's trust.

agree , and no warning was given to daley when it should of been
  • Options
    lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was aggressive towards Callum too. At the time I thought that Callum was desperately trying to stay Mr Nice Guy, but now I have to wonder if all of the HMs have been backing down without noticing it.
  • Options
    DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dexter is a bit of a weasel though

Daley is aggressive and he had long since shown he isn't very loyal or disciplined. Both Dex and Hazel wanted to be close to him.

He's awful
    Dexter is a creep and Hazel is a user

You lie with dogs.... Ya get fleas :D
  • Options
    DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was aggressive towards Callum too. At the time I thought that Callum was desperately trying to stay Mr Nice Guy, but now I have to wonder if all of the HMs have been backing down without noticing it.

They all liked him, he was never nominated

Maybe they were all subconsciously cowed

Or maybe they didn't want to get in the wrong side of the big strong boxing lad
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I did think that also. And those defending him and blaming Hazel need to get their f*****g tongues out of his arse and wake up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    I remember Daley getting worked up when Dexter found the tennis ball, Daley was pacing in the bedroom swearing because Dexter wouldn't say what was on the ball.
  • Options
    lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damanda wrote: »
    They all liked him, he was never nominated

Maybe they were all subconsciously cowed

Or maybe they didn't want to get in the wrong side of the big strong boxing lad

I honestly think it's probably just hindsight, because I don't think we would have all ignored it if it was happening that often. It made me wonder though.

Oh lawdy I'm sounding like Dan again. :D
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    I did think that also. And those defending him and blaming Hazel need to get their f*****g tongues out of his arse and wake up.

Most definitely right here!
  • Options
    SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dexter didn't handle him Dexter pandered to him.

that's the only way u can handle Daley :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyrah wrote: »
    that's the only way u can handle Daley :rolleyes:

It doesn't help Daley or make you any safer in the long run
  • Options
    kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Daley naturally has some of the qualities that PUA types like Dexter try to emulate!
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    LauraH23 wrote: »
    I remember Daley getting worked up when Dexter found the tennis ball, Daley was pacing in the bedroom swearing because Dexter wouldn't say what was on the ball.

Oh yes so he was I had forgotten. He was prowling around and cussing like an angry bear.
  • Options
    Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    Daley has shown signs of agression before. Hazel even said it in her conversation with Dan, 'you know when he does the eye thing...' and Dan knew exactly what she meant. Now if the Hazel/Daley incident had been an isolated one, he would not have known.
  • Options
    FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    No doubt the production team glossed over this because Dexter's not a woman.
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting points OP. I think you might be right.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No he wasn't.
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fashion wrote: »
    No doubt the production team glossed over this because Dexter's not a woman.

That's a good point too. Though I think because there are so many hm confrontations and arguments in there, sometimes BB could easily be overrun with what to deem as totally unacceptable, and what (while wasn't pleasant) could be non-intervened with.