E4 To Air The Tomorrow People And The 100

2»

Comments

• Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking on geektown the tomorrow people isn't looking good for season 2.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Looking on geektown the tomorrow people isn't looking good for season 2.

I keep hearing that but The tomorrow people is doing a lot better than Beauty and the beast, House of dixie and The carrie diaries, so it would be criminal if it got axed and some of those were not.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep hearing that but The tomorrow people is doing a lot better than Beauty and the beast, House of dixie and The carrie diaries, so it would be criminal if it got axed and some of those were not.

I hope it doesn't get axed. The mentalist is also in the danger zone.
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    Tomorrow people is excellent and deserves to last 5 or so seasons
    I don't get why it's an issuethat it's american
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess this is the negative of CW becoming all popular with the scifi/fantasy lot these days. They've only got "so many"primetime slots so those slacking in ratings have no choice but to go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was my favourite show when I was growing up. I so wanted to be a Tomorrow person. Me and my friends even made our own jaunting belts. :D

ha ah... we did that too :D

I've seen the trailers fro this and simply thought, "oh look a Mutant X rebrand"

I don't really hold out much hope for this, I will watch at least a couple and see how it goes but I can't see it being any good.

I know the original was pretty poor in places but I seem to recall that the stories were always good and that was what carried the show. I suppose its also fair to say that younger eyes see things differently they certainly find it easier suspend disbelief.
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    It's a lot better then mutant x and if you think about disbelief why watch anything fictional?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a lot better then mutant x and if you think about disbelief why watch anything fictional?

My point was, that kids are less likely to notice plot holes, they see the world in simpler terms.
    You know the sort of stuff, they're being chased by guards, go round a corner and suddenly the gurads just give up. Most adults I know will go "Eh? hang on" kids on the other just accept thats whats happened.
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    If the EPG is to be believed I see that E4 isn't showing it in HD even on the HD channel. Seems an odd decision.

Regards

Mark
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's nothing like Mutant X
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Tomorrow People has been cancelled but The 100 has been given a second season

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/05/cw-renews-100-beauty-cancels-carrie-diaries-tomorrow-people-star-crossed/
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is flippin' typical of the Americans. If something doesn't hit the ratings, they cancel it. Never mind the people who have been watching it for the last few months, you know, the bloomin' fans. >:(

Thank goodness for the BBC, at least they are not ruled solely by the ratings.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    This is flippin' typical of the Americans. If something doesn't hit the ratings, they cancel it. Never mind the people who have been watching it for the last few months, you know, the bloomin' fans. >:(

I think the point is that there aren't that many people/fans watching it so they'd rather show stuff that people want to watch and, therefore, please even more fans than the few who like the underperforming shows :)
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No
    I liked
    survivors
    And
    Outcasts
    Both canceled by BBC :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not typical at all. It's all about money. Why waste money in something that is not getting good ratings? Bad ratings can mean a loss of money for the american network. That's how television ratings works. Plus international sales come into it as well, which is what saved Beauty and the beast. Always been like that and always will be. And most channels (even the BBC) are dependant on ratings.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I liked
    survivors
    And
    Outcasts
    Both canceled by BBC :(

"PETER!!!!"

Nuff said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    I think the point is that there aren't that many people/fans watching it so they'd rather show stuff that people want to watch and, therefore, please even more fans than the few who like the underperforming shows :)

And what about the fans of the shows that are not performing well in the ratings now. Many shows started with a low fan base but grew to be the best of their genre. Doctor Who is one prime example. It started off with high ratings, but fell quite sharply after the first few stories. Someone recognised its potential and kept it going.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And what about the fans of the shows that are not performing well in the ratings now. Many shows started with a low fan base but grew to be the best of their genre. Doctor Who is one prime example. It started off with high ratings, but fell quite sharply after the first few stories. Someone recognised its potential and kept it going.

You can't really compare Doctor who's first time on television to a bunch of shows now in the present day. Doctor who took time to grab an audience because there was nothing else like it on television. Sci-fi wasn't really around as much back in the 60's. This was before Star trek began. It was a weird and unsual genre to television audiences. Plus Uk and US television is very different with their ratings anyway. US ratings are entirely based on demos. Just accept your shows are being cancelled. It's coming across as a bit desperate and winey. Sorry to be rude and offend you, i don't mean to be, but for me, it is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't really compare Doctor who's first time on television to a bunch of shows now in the present day. Doctor who took time to grab an audience because there was nothing else like it on television. Sci-fi wasn't really around as much back in the 60's. This was before Star trek began. It was a weird and unsual genre to television audiences. Plus Uk and US television is very different with their ratings anyway. US ratings are entirely based on demos. Just accept your shows are being cancelled. It's coming across as a bit desperate and winey. Sorry to be rude and offend you, i don't mean to be, but for me, it is.

Sorry to sound "winey" (sic) as you put it, but I and many others get a lot of pleasure in watching some television shows. I don’t get a lot of time to relax and sit and watch television, so when I see something that I like, I look forward to watching every episode (thank the heavens for Tivo ;)).

They have done the same thing to Revolution and Community, two other shows I was very keen on. It seems that every show I inevest time and effort into gets cancelled. No Ordianry Family was another that had huge potential, along with V and Alcatraz, but were cancelled. This trend to have a "mid-season" break is annoying and disatrous for the shows.

All of this and they keep that crap Grimm on.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    I like Tommorrow People and Grimm (prefer Grimm, though) but what I like isn't really the point.

The way I see it, if i like something that the majority don't like then it's perfectly legitimate for it to be cancelled no matter how disappointed I, personally, might be.

If something rates badly because of the way the network treasts it (shows it out of order, schedules it at inappropriate or variable times etc.) then it's fair enough to blame the network but, in general, if it's not getting the ratings then most people don't like it. There's only a finite amount of resources. What better criteria can they use in determining where to put their resources than with how many people want to watch it?

Blame the viewers who switch off, I say :D
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saw some trailers for The 100 during the ad breaks of the season finale of Agents of SHIELD.

Hopefully that means it'll be starting soon
  • NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 100 is dire IMO. Terrible acting, so many people and plot lines...I'm pretty good usually at giving things a go, but I gave up after pilot and second episode. I watched it elsewhere*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 100 is dire IMO. Terrible acting, so many people and plot lines...I'm pretty good usually at giving things a go, but I gave up after pilot and second episode. I watched it elsewhere*
    I think its brilliant...I'm up to episode 11 and Its fantastic. Great fun :D
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    E4 have announced The 100 starts on 7th July I'll give it a watch and see what it's all about!