Options

Arrow Season 2 - US Pace *Tagged Spoilers*

1 week to go. Really looking forward to it - far more than anything else starting up around now.

Hope there's not too much of a time jump....last season ended in such a great way it would be a shame to skip right past it.

Comments

• Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will be a 2 month jump.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lets hope they have learnt there lesson from 1, the last 4-5 episodes were great, we dont want no boring case of the week(you have wronged ths city blah blah)

its not needed anymore.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show starts next Wednesday so thought I would make a thread on Season 2 of the show! I cannot wait for it to start. It's looking to be an action packed season from what Stephen has said on his Facebook page!
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think case of the week is somewhat unavoidable for a 22 episode season. It'll depend on what the overall story arc for the season is I suppose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    lets hope they have learnt there lesson from 1, the last 4-5 episodes were great, we dont want no boring case of the week(you have wronged ths city blah blah)

its not needed anymore.

Agree. I reckon it will be more plot in S2. Buffy S1 had a "monster of the week" every episode and most first seasons do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a day to go for the new series. Anyone know if it's been promoted a lot in the US? I heard from a friend living in California that it's return is very hyped!
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Arrow Day :cool:

With 23 episodes there are bound to be several fillers. The good thing is with a comic book show that usually means bringing in a known character. I'd expect to see more over season 2.
    I'm also hoping for more consistent action scenes. Some of the fights were great, but others were terrible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Black Canary at the end was awesome and Moira looks kinda hot without makeup.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched it. So glad it's back and already a lot going on!

- Great island flashback scenes
    - The scenes with Moira
    - Black Canary at the end, oh yes!
    - Walter's return!
  • Options
    Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up on this show midway through last year after the screw job done on Huntress. I'm gonna give it one more try but if they drop the ball with Black Canary too, I'm done.

As for last night's ep, it was OK. Amell's still the weak link for me, everything about him just screams daytime soap opera actor (Well,a US daytime soap anyway. I couldn't really see him in Doctors!)
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed that! I'm really liking Isabel Rochev, looking forward to her hopefully being a prominent villain this season. :)
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woo! So glad it's back. :D Missed it a lot!

Loved the start with them finding him on the island. Gotta love Felicity!

Enjoyed Roy's development in this episode, and I'm really excited to see him hopefully suit up by the end of the season! Great ending with Black Canary showing up. Hopefully they will not make a mess of her!
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice start to the new season. Felicity is just WOW, smoaking hot!
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I should know the answer to this but it was a while back now, but do we know how exactly he was rescued off the island?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    The opening was well done. Now the question is can they keep the ball rolling. I grew tired of last season's repetitive nature in its episodes and thought the final plot to destroy the Glades a bit ridiculous. But I'm willing to stay tuned to see how it develops.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I should know the answer to this but it was a while back now, but do we know how exactly he was rescued off the island?

Oliver saw a fishing boat and lit a huge fire so they would see him. They rescued him.
  • Options
    racefreakracefreak Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did they get of the island in the latest episode?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    racefreak wrote: »
    How did they get of the island in the latest episode?

We can only assume the same way Ollie got back there, which I imagine was a boat.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    I missed the first series, well I saw a few episodes and assumed it was a case of the week type show.

I followed most of it fine, but some things escaped me, what is the Earthquake device? and was it actually set off?
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The earthquake device was... a device that caused an earthquake ;):p

Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) had two of them built, with the intention being to use them to destroy "The Glades" (the crappy crime-infested slum area).

Detective (now Officer) Lance disabled one, with help from Felicity... but the other one still activated, destroying a large part of The Glades and killing several hundred people including Malcolm's son Tommy (who was Oliver's best friend, and his rival for Laurel's love).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    The earthquake device was... a device that caused an earthquake ;):p

Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) had two of them built, with the intention being to use them to destroy "The Glades" (the crappy crime-infested slum area).

Detective (now Officer) Lance disabled one, with help from Felicity... but the other one still activated, destroying a large part of The Glades and killing several hundred people including Malcolm's son Tommy (who was Oliver's best friend, and his rival for Laurel's love).

Thanks, I picked up most of that, but read that the Earthquake device had been deactivated, which confused me,as the article didn't mention the second one...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Felicity and Ollie will happen this series, I am sure of it. So many hints given by Stephen in his videos (which I have to say makes him the most friendly and caring actor out there). I don't think 98% of any celebrity (actor, singer, etc..) can match the amount of time Stephen speaks to his fans and lets them know what's going on. Very rare.
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Black Canary at the end was awesome and Moira looks kinda hot without makeup.

Black Canary, of course, will need a different name, as the proper one has already been used. As for Moira, I agree. So much sexier than the primped and preened plastic coated women we're all supposed to find attractive.
  • Options
    ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just twigged that Black Canary was in Birds of Prey.

All this interlinking.:confused: