Almost Human (US Pace)

Comments

• SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started watching this show on Friday, and have just finished catching up with the latest episode.

Have to say, this show is fantastic! Great chemistry between the two main actors, which make the show that much better. Haven't felt bored watching any of the episodes yet, as each one is entirely different. Love the development of each character you get in all the episodes.

Can't wait for the next episode!
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just checked this out thinking it was a remake of the Swedish Real Humans series, thankfully they're unrelated...30 seconds of youtube trailer was enough to put me off.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good ep this week.

After weeks of no arc, with standard case-of-the-week eps building the relationship between Kennex & Dorian, we've finally got a link back to the pilot *and* an interesting villain played by a great guest-star.

Only problem... the sudden and unexplained introduction of "The Wall"... It fell flat for me because there hasn't been any world building so far and we have no knowledge of what The Wall is, and why what is on the other side is so bad.

Perhaps I missed some fleeting references to The Wall in earlier episodes? Even so, I think we'd have been better off with more info on it earlier.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Good ep this week.

After weeks of no arc, with standard case-of-the-week eps building the relationship between Kennex & Dorian, we've finally got a link back to the pilot *and* an interesting villain played by a great guest-star.

Only problem... the sudden and unexplained introduction of "The Wall"... It fell flat for me because there hasn't been any world building so far and we have no knowledge of what The Wall is, and why what is on the other side is so bad.

Perhaps I missed some fleeting references to The Wall in earlier episodes? Even so, I think we'd have been better off with more info on it earlier.

I think there was mention of it in the first episode and you can see it in the wide city shots. Also, I think the vagueness of the wall so far leads to the intrigue as to what it is keeping out, because if it's so bad that no-one ever mentions it then what could it be.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    I think there was mention of it in the first episode and you can see it in the wide city shots. Also, I think the vagueness of the wall so far leads to the intrigue as to what it is keeping out, because if it's so bad that no-one ever mentions it then what could it be.

It'll be your generic Hollywood anti technology hippy type 'terrorists', all dressed up like Mad Max extras. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another good episode this week!
  • Andrew_BallardAndrew_Ballard Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Solid show, good sci fi.
  • chandlerpchandlerp Posts: 4,956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumours are it is almost certain to be cancelled. I hate the TV schedulers on American networks.

This is one of the most original shows for some time and they have not given it a chance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    The viewing figures are ok in the States, but not earth-shattering and because it's got high production costs and Fox haven't renewed it already, the likelihood is it will be cancelled.

Shame, as I've quite enjoyed it, but wish they'd given us more of the Wall story. They drop the most interesting storylines (the Wall, the doctor's android army, etc) almost as soon as they mention them, which is very frustrating.

Hopefully the last 3 episodes are epic, and Fox face such a clamour for more that it decides to renew for a full 2nd season.

Not going to hold my breath though...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Apparently this is the episode order Fox are using, and then what it should have been (in brackets). Way to go Fox in ruining the continuity of a series! Their execs really have no idea how to make a show as successful as possible.

1 Pilot (1)
    2 Skin (5)
    3 Are you Receiving?(6)
    4 The Bends (7)
    5 Blood Brothers (8)
    6 Arrhythmia (3)
    7 Simon Says (10)
    8 You Are Here (2)
    9 Unbound (9)
    10 Perception (4)
    11 Disrupt (11)
    12 Beholder (12)
    13 Straw Man (13)
  • LMLM Posts: 63,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if it will end on a cliffhanger or open ended. If it does end of a cliffhanger and is cancelled, i won't bother checking it out. Personally i reckon FOX will give it a second season. Their other one hour shows are doing slightly worse than Almost human. Rake has been a ratings flop and The Following is decresing week by week. I think Almost Human could be the Dollhouse of this television season, except Almost Human's ratings and demos are much higher.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Came across this TV series almost by accident then found this thread. I love this show (10 episodes in) I hope it doesn't get cancelled, it really has a lot of promise to become something big, but given the way US TV stations do things, I am not holding my breath. Still I think its awesome..
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another recent/late convert and agree one of the better current sf/f shows for cast, chemistry, dialogue, production values. Derivative, yes, but better than that pile of excrement known as Helix :D. I suspect AH may well be cancelled though, while Helix might just sneak in another season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season or Series finale tonight.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You taking bets ? lol

I believe its the season finale. The network needs the hour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it's just a season finale. I really love this show, and it would be a huge shame if it got cancelled. I think the viewer numbers are decent enough to keep the show going. Its really got a lot more to give to the viewers if it continues.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By how it ended, it would work as a nice series finale anyway. Very open ended.

Because i am pleased with how it ended, i will actually start watching it now. I'll binge the whole season this weekend.
  • MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If it were the series finale, I was hoping to see Kennix toughing it out while Dorian gets shutdown and reprogrammed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a relatively good series. Like the relationship between the two leads, good mention of 'scanning my balls', LOL.

Nothing seemed to come of the storyline from the pilot episode, unless it is linked to the plot in this episode.

Good production values and FX.

Shame the channel treated it so badly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a relatively good series. Like the relationship between the two leads, good mention of 'scanning my balls', LOL.

Nothing seemed to come of the storyline from the pilot episode, unless it is linked to the plot in this episode.

Good production values and FX.

Shame the channel treated it so badly.

I don't think FOX treated it badly at all. Despite airing the episodes out of order, it never affected any continuity, not like how it did with Firefly. People keep moaning the show isn't serialised enough, but the fact it has standalone episodes is what drove me to the show. Too many sci-fi shows are serialised these days. I miss the days of the past sci-fi shows like Buffy, X files, Star trek that used to vary between standalone and myth episodes. It's nice having episodes that have nothing to do with a main plot and have something different happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think FOX treated it badly at all. Despite airing the episodes out of order, it never affected any continuity, not like how it did with Firefly. People keep moaning the show isn't serialised enough, but the fact it has standalone episodes is what drove me to the show. Too many sci-fi shows are serialised these days. I miss the days of the past sci-fi shows like Buffy, X files, Star trek that used to vary between standalone and myth episodes. It's nice having episodes that have nothing to do with a main plot and have something different happen.

Personally I prefer when they mix standalone stories with myth stories in the same episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bromance was strong in this one, especially at the end. :D

Great season finale. I'm really hoping for a season 2!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The bromance was strong in this one, especially at the end. :D

Great season finale. I'm really hoping for a season 2!

Yes he even got a leg over. :)
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good episode, but I think it was a very disappointing finale.

We've had past hints at an arc, only for them to vanish as if the writers dare not stray too far from it being a standard episodic show.

Where is John Larroquette? What is he doing?

*What* is the Wall?

Who put fake memories in Dorian?
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Good episode, but I think it was a very disappointing finale.

We've had past hints at an arc, only for them to vanish as if the writers dare not stray too far from it being a standard episodic show.

Where is John Larroquette? What is he doing?

*What* is the Wall?

Who put fake memories in Dorian?

It seems like they set arcs up for a season 2 just in case they were renewed rather than continue with them, that way they were able to keep season 1 as mostly standalone so as to cement itself like a lot of shows do.