Options

Electric shaver advice

davordavor Posts: 6,874
Forum Member
I need to buy a new electric shaver, but don't know which one to choose. I had Braun CruZer, but spare parts for this model are getting hard to find. What shaver would you recommend ?

Comments

• Options
    TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are a few on the market that use a moisturising sachet whilst shaving. I use this type and have not been disappointed
    Or if i wet shave I use the Niva aftershave balm
  • Options
    MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    I'd try a Philishave electric razor. It's not as close as a wet shave but less irritating than other electric shavers I've tried. I'm also a sucker for rechargeables and anything with LCD indicators on them.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,633
    Forum Member
    If you can find a shaver where the sidebar trimmer does not fail after little use then good luck.
  • Options
    SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    I would recommend the Advice forum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Saigo wrote: »
    I would recommend the Advice forum.

Sorry, my bad. :blush:
  • Options
    Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,901
    Forum Member
    I've found that a foil razor gives better results than a rotary, although a rotary will do a quicker job due to the bigger cutting area.
  • Options
    JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    I've always found Philishaves to be the best - I dabbled with a Braun foil razor for a while (I only persevered because it was expensive) but ended up binning it.

My current one is about 10 years old I think and still going strong (I've replaced the cutters once) and battery life is as good as it always was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'll look into Philishave then. Thanks for your input. Ten years and you only replaced the cutters once. That is really impressive. I had my Braun for some 6 years now,had replaced the cutters twice, and I need to replace them again tomorrow. The thing is the cutters, although original, are not as good as the once that originally came with the shaver. This morning, when I started to shave, the cutters just popped out of the shaver and the foil fell apart. Bloody made in China rubbish. My old man has a Braun shaver that is older than me, and it's still working. Back then though they were made in Germany.