Roy Keane appointed as Aston Villa Assistant Manager

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
Forum Member
Quite surprised to read that Keano has been announced as Paul Lambert's no.2 at Villa and will combine the role with his job with the Republic of Ireland.
I can't really see him having anything other than a negative impact on a team that's already suffering with a fragile morale. He seems like quite a bully and his managerial record is really poor. :confused:

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Why are you surprised?

It was muted at a month or two back.
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give it about 3 months and Pigeon, I mean Lambert, Will be sacked and Keane will take over.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Why are you surprised?

It was muted at a month or two back.

I never heard anything before I read the announcement earlier.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest it surprised me as well. His managerial career wasn't exactly stellar.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    Peter_Lamy wrote: »
    Quite surprised to read that Keano has been announced as Paul Lambert's no.2 at Villa and will combine the role with his job with the Republic of Ireland.
    I can't really see him having anything other than a negative impact on a team that's already suffering with a fragile morale. He seems like quite a bully and his managerial record is really poor. :confused:

I'd hesitate to call his managerial record 'really poor'. Getting a team that was in the relegation zone promoted and being league manager of the year then keeping them in the PL isn't that bad.