Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Ewarwoowar86Ewarwoowar86 Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Most celebs I have met have been sporting related and also a pleasure to meet. Special mentions to:

Darren Clarke
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    Rory McIlroy
    Will Greenwood
    John Hollins
    Gary Stevens
    Tino Martinez (former baseball player)

Not so great:

Colin Montgomerie (surprise)
    Nicholas Parsons

Both cold, arrogant and rude.
  • eyesw/outafaceeyesw/outaface Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer looks like a cherub so no suprise there then :)

A few mentions about Mr.Parsons, just thought he was rather camp rather than nasty.
  • Kat1966Kat1966 Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Annette Crosbie at a RGT (Retired Greyhound Trust), day in Birmingham, she's really nice, but tiny, I'm 5'4" and she didn't even come to my shoulder!! Her dogs are gorgeous as well!!

I met Bryan Robson and Cyrille Regis when they played for West Bromwich Albion back in the early '80's, both really nice men, signed autographs and chatted, even though it was the end of training and were tired, Bryan Robson found out (via my mate), I was a huge fan of his and gave me a kiss on the cheek, I nearly fainted then and there!!

Saw Vanessa Feltz at Birmingham Airport about 9 years ago, she was a bit up herself, trying to push into a queue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night I met:

Kyran Bracken - lovely funny guy
    David Seaman - really tall and very quiet but nice guy
    Duncan James - nice fellow too but his mum was really rude
    Chris Fountain - quiet, seemed like he was slightly grumpy, but I know he'd hurt his back so maybe that was what was wrong :-)

Met loads of the skaters of Dancing on Ice as well and they were all lovely - particularly, Dan, Matt, Kristina and Frankie (as you'd expect) :-)
  • soapgirlheresoapgirlhere Posts: 2,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eviesmum wrote: »
    Last night I met:

Kyran Bracken - lovely funny guy
    David Seaman - really tall and very quiet but nice guy
    Duncan James - nice fellow too but his mum was really rude
    Chris Fountain - quiet, seemed like he was slightly grumpy, but I know he'd hurt his back so maybe that was what was wrong :-)

Met loads of the skaters of Dancing on Ice as well and they were all lovely - particularly, Dan, Matt, Kristina and Frankie (as you'd expect) :-)

lucky :) is it true the pro dancer frankie and david seaman are an item ?! i know you may not know but i read it in a mag somewhere, was quite surprised !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    I've met a tonne, my favourites being Zachary Levi, David Tennant, Nathan Fillion, Summer Glau, Alan Tudyk, Alyson Hannigan and Ian Smith (Harold from Neighbours).

I've only met three people I didn't like. Elisabeth Rohm (from Angel and Law & Order, she was a bitch to a good friend of mine), Santiago Cabrera (Isaac from Heroes, just couldn't be bothered to even pretend to be nice) and Jodi Lyn O'Keefe from Prison Break who was just a complete and utter cow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    My friend met JLS, apparently Aston and JB were really lovely and friendly but the other 2 weren't as friendly. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RachVG wrote: »
    I've met a tonne, my favourites being Zachary Levi, David Tennant, Nathan Fillion, Summer Glau, Alan Tudyk, Alyson Hannigan and Ian Smith (Harold from Neighbours).

I've only met three people I didn't like. Elisabeth Rohm (from Angel and Law & Order, she was a bitch to a good friend of mine), Santiago Cabrera (Isaac from Heroes, just couldn't be bothered to even pretend to be nice) and Jodi Lyn O'Keefe from Prison Break who was just a complete and utter cow.

I love him so I'm glad he's nice :D
  • burbsburbs Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simi89 wrote: »
    My friend met JLS, apparently Aston and JB were really lovely and friendly but the other 2 weren't as friendly. :o

Ha ha, ive said this before on the forum. Ive worked with JLS 3 times now as Im a nightclub promoter and we put them on in nightclubs 3 times and what you friend has said is 100% on the money.

Aston and JB are 2 of the nicest, most down to earth guys you could meet. The other 2, Marvin and Ortise were always tired and wanting to get straight back to the hotel. I dont think they are unfriendly, I think they just liked to keep themselves to themselves.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    I have only Met 3 celebs and they were all nice.

I met Gaynor Faye when she came to the shop where i worked to have photos with us to celebrate our part in rasing money for Cancer research and she seemed lovely and chatty.

I met Theo Paphitis when he came to give a seminar on a business startup course he was invloved in when i was at college last year.

I met Little Boots a couple of weeks ago at the signing tent at Leeds Festival and she is lovely and she was also running late but still happily signed autographs and posed for photographs for almost an hour for all her fans!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Met Nick "Levi 501's" Kamen in 1987 during his short pop career, he was so sweet and friendly, I was with my friend who bought his album to get it signed, Nick offered to sign my school english book too..lol..nice guy!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scott Mills from Radio1 seems like a nice guy too, met him in a club and he seemed very friendly!
  • Dolby KidDolby Kid Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gawd... met tons of celebs and artists... too many to list.

My fave all-time has to be Dennis Hopper, spent an afternoon with him in NYC.

Lovely crazy old dude!

The worst - oooh, there's been a few, shouldn't name them... the TV presenter who thought he knew better than me and was really rude to some kids who were just watching the recording... the soap actress who was a monster alcoholic and would scream at random people in the street for no reason, the comedian who would lie about his Hollywood connections (and who is currently doing nothing since his last major flop a year ago), the footballer who would try to get people sacked for a laugh... lots of well-known people I really wouldn't urinate upon if they set fire to themselves...

By and large it's 50/50 nice and nasty people in the celeb game... depends if they're into cocaine or not, and depends if they know that I can make them look really ugly with a little tweak of the camera...
  • stairwaystairway Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dolby Kid wrote: »
    Gawd... met tons of celebs and artists... too many to list.

My fave all-time has to be Dennis Hopper, spent an afternoon with him in NYC.

Lovely crazy old dude!

The worst - oooh, there's been a few, shouldn't name them... the TV presenter who thought he knew better than me and was really rude to some kids who were just watching the recording... the soap actress who was a monster alcoholic and would scream at random people in the street for no reason, the comedian who would lie about his Hollywood connections (and who is currently doing nothing since his last major flop a year ago), the footballer who would try to get people sacked for a laugh... lots of well-known people I really wouldn't urinate upon if they set fire to themselves...

By and large it's 50/50 nice and nasty people in the celeb game... depends if they're into cocaine or not, and depends if they know that I can make them look really ugly with a little tweak of the camera...

Could you send me a PM telling me who they are?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stairway wrote: »
    Could you send me a PM telling me who they are?

No... no offence, but I don't know you and I despise tabloid hacks, there are hundreds of people I've met that are or at least were in the public eye, many of them I've been out drinking with, or they've pulled out the little bag of coke... maybe one day I'll write a book, LOL.

Either way... I'll be happy to tell nice stories and attribute names, but nasty stories or embarrassing sex/drugs/rock&roll stories... nope, can't do it I'm afraid.
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dolby Kid wrote: »
    No... no offence, but I don't know you and I despise tabloid hacks, there are hundreds of people I've met that are or at least were in the public eye, many of them I've been out drinking with, or they've pulled out the little bag of coke... maybe one day I'll write a book, LOL.

Either way... I'll be happy to tell nice stories and attribute names, but nasty stories or embarrassing sex/drugs/rock&roll stories... nope, can't do it I'm afraid.

Ooooh tell nice ones please if u have time :)
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CheekyTV wrote: »
    Scott Mills from Radio1 seems like a nice guy too, met him in a club and he seemed very friendly!

I met Scott Mills, IIRC he was lovely. He came to do a dj set at my uni a few years back. He was actually late (it had been terrible weather so I'm assuming he was delayed by that) and we were leaving. As we were leaving he was walking in the front entrance flanked by two people one of whom was holding an umbrella for him while he sipped some wine.

Anyway I was quite tipsy and my friend and some random girl tagging along with us were w*nkered. We had quite a drunken conversation with him which he took very well, then as we were exchanging goodbyes this silly random girl grabbed his glass of wine out of his hand and downed it. He looked well pissed off. I would be! I said apologies on her behalf as he walked off.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooooh tell nice ones please if u have time :)

OK, just a few off the top of my head...

David Hasslehoff was really nice, and his (ex??) wife too, tiny woman, both of them chatted for ages and bought drinks for me and a mate, genuinely interesting and funny guy... this was about 7 years ago though, before the big drink problems were made public, he didn't seem drunk though.

Louisa Preston from the BBC news was lovely, she's actually really shy, but very cool and down to Earth, a hard working woman, you have to respect that.

Cindy Sherman the NY artist was nice too... I think she was flirting with me a bit too, maybe I imagined that... but she was pretty hot.

Dermot O'Leary was a nice guy, worked with him on T4 and I made a huge error and made him look a bit stupid on-air by putting up the wrong phone-in graphics... during a break I went to see him and apologise, but he laughed it off, and was fine about it, really one of the industry's good people.
    Spent ages signing stuff for kids hanging about the studio when everyone else was having a well earned break too, which was nice of him.

Lucy Alexander from Homes Under The Hammer, ace bird, good laugh - very dirty laugh she has too - lots of fun and her husband is a lucky man, I ended up fancying her like mad.
    She's not as dull as she sometimes comes across on TV.

And yes, Peter Andre, worked with him back when he was doing the pop star bit the first time round, really nice bloke, him and his brother went out of their way to make us tea and made food for us, the phone was going and the fax machine was non-stop but they were cool and they were genuine.
    A mate of mine ended up dating him, she said he was the perfect gent.

Bjork was cool too - very paranoid, I think she'd had stalker problems, but once she'd calmed down a bit she was funny and charmed the birds down from the trees. Again, 100 percent genuine.

Barney Sumner from New Order, lovely guy, gave me his shades because I was squinting in the sun, said I could keep them, proper Ray Bans too, but I handed them back.

Alan Hansen, nice enough guy - heard some not so nice stories, but he was a cool guy to deal with.

Sporty Spice - lovely - once you got past the showbiz smiles and responses and she chilled out a bit, she has a passion for the music and she loves talking about the biz.
    Fell for her a little bit too!

Johnathan Ross, again, nice guy, total professional, no airs or graces just genuine and funny to work with.

Lots of nasty stories popping into my head about other people now, so I'll leave it there...
    ;)
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I met James Alexandrou last year and he was very friendly and nice.

When I met Prince William I thanked him for having a lovely deep voice but he smiled modestly and said "Oh I don't know about that" :)
  • James LamontJames Lamont Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    laur_od wrote: »
    Lovely
    suzanne shaw - the nicest, warmest, funniest and most down to earth celeb you could meet and thats why i get annoyed at some threads on here.
    Likewise myleene klass is also extremely friendly and very normal yet again takes a slagging on here...
    Leo Di Caprio - nice bloke, surprisely tall, i thought he'd be tiny...
    Connie Fisher - really friendly

not nice, cate blancett, completely up her own a*se
    Danni minogue - horrendous

I agree she was very nice when I met her and very down to earth. Not at all fake which you might expect, she is friendly.

I met Kate Kate Gerbeau (Sanderson) (ex Newsround presenter and on Five news now I think?) who was very nice. I also have met Todd Carty, Shaun Williamson and Barbara Windsor from EastEnders and I have good things to say about all of them. They were all extremely nice and Babs was very polite too.

Two veterans of the celebrity signing circuit such as Dave Prose (Darth Vader) and Kenny Baker (R2D2) are both legends because of what they do for their fans and how nice they are.

Bad mentions: The guy who played Zander in Buffy (Nicholos Brandon), he is completely up himself and very arrogant and short with people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    Met loads of celebs working in central London, but this is the best and worst:

Linda Robson - as 'normal' as can be, down to earth and lovely.

Ainsley Harriet - played 'drums' on my back to entertain us LOL.

Harry Enfield was miserable as hell, and I met him twice over a two week period - he was wearing the same dirty and disheveled clothes both times.

Michael Winner - in front of me at an Ice Cream Kiosk DEMANDED he did not have to pay - saying 'DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?' to which the assistant laughingly kept saying 'No I don't. You no pay, You no get ice cream' He left empty handed PMSL.
  • cloudfactorycloudfactory Posts: 807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    have met baz warne from the stranglers loads of times after his solo gigs with the girlfriend and gotten to know him.he's always friendly with people,joking with them,insulting you(in a jokey way).he'll come and sit down in the bar with you after a gig and stay till the early hours.cant think of any other pop/rock stars that do that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigBHM wrote: »
    Met loads of celebs working in central London, but this is the best and worst:

Linda Robson - as 'normal' as can be, down to earth and lovely.

Ainsley Harriet - played 'drums' on my back to entertain us LOL.

Harry Enfield was miserable as hell, and I met him twice over a two week period - he was wearing the same dirty and disheveled clothes both times.

Michael Winner - in front of me at an Ice Cream Kiosk DEMANDED he did not have to pay - saying 'DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?' to which the assistant laughingly kept saying 'No I don't. You no pay, You no get ice cream' He left empty handed PMSL.

haha that made me laugh - I hate when famous people do that....
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I agree she was very nice when I met her and very down to earth. Not at all fake which you might expect, she is friendly.

Hmmm, I'd question that about Myleene, she happens to live in roughly my neck of the woods, in fact a friend of mine lives in the same road, put it this way, there's one of two stories floating around about her that put in her less of a good light, the best one, 100% true, I unfortunately can't tell on here as it's literally from the horse's mouth and could put someone's job on the line - but as a rough indication, there's more then a hint of 'Do you know who I am' about it.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm, I'd question that about Myleene, she happens to live in roughly my neck of the woods, in fact a friend of mine lives in the same road, put it this way, there's one of two stories floating around about her that put in her less of a good light, the best one, 100% true, I unfortunately can't tell on here as it's literally from the horse's mouth and could put someone's job on the line - but as a rough indication, there's more then a hint of 'Do you know who I am' about it.

I am absolutely DYING for someone to say that to me. I would take great delight in asking them what, exactly, they expect to gain by coming out with that old chestnut, and why they feel they should be privileged above others in the queue :D...

....or there are a variety of other responses I have up my sleeve ;)