Options

Titanic 3D Thread

Comments

• Options
    Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found the 3D gave me a headache. It was also my first time seeing the film, but I thought it was a boring piece of crap. I walked out.

Get out.
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if the movie is showing on TV anytime over the next couple of weeks? :)
  • Options
    PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    had forgotten how much i love this film. true some of the dialogue is awful (hello bill paxton and billy zane) but it's still a big sweeping epic.

i'll tell you when i thought the 3d worked - when kate was lost in the corridors when she was looking for leo as the ship started to sink. you really got a feeling of 'depth' there
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get out.

:D love it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    PJ68 wrote: »
    i'll tell you when i thought the 3d worked - when kate was lost in the corridors when she was looking for leo as the ship started to sink. you really got a feeling of 'depth' there

I agree with that, that scene where you saw the long corridor with water slowly coming towards the camera was quite impressive for a film not shot in 3D, they obviously put a lot of effort into the conversion, in places it actually looks better than some "true 3D" films. Oddly, it was the scenes that involved a lot of CGI that seemed to fare worse with the 3D (probably because not all of the CGI has aged particularly well, you can tell when it's a blue screen shot)

Overall though i enjoyed seeing it again, it was great on the IMAX screen. Billy Zane's acting is still hilarious though! Almost every line that he had made me laugh:D
  • Options
    Scoobyh1Scoobyh1 Posts: 2,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with a lot of people's comments. The corridor scenes were good and the scenes without CGI were more amazing.

I did find the scenes at the dinner table particularly done well and the scene that probably stood out come to think of it was the scene in which Cal throws the table while having dinner with Rose. Very well done.

I could not see ANY ghosting too which does annoy me when I see 3D movies. I recently went to see The Darkest Hour but was plagued with so much ghosting.

You could see Titanic took time and effort.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I probably won't chance to see this at the cinema, but I have watched the preview programme on Sky 3D, and was surprisingly impressed by the 3D conversion.

Hopefully we'll see a 3D Blu-ray / TV release before too long so I can enjoy this at home.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    I went to see Titanic in 3D last night and was very disappointed with the 3D. I didnt think it was that different from the 2D.
  • Options
    DrPLDrPL Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Goofs here: http://www.paullee.com/titanic/jc1997goofs.html - yes some are picky but I decided to make it an armchair viewers guide to the goofs for people to peruse. I may add a colour code to mark the goofs from "trivial" to "serious."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    I saw it in 3D IMAX was excellent. First IMAX film I'd seen. Some of it was a bit creepy in 3D though like when she was going to jump off the ship and almost fell in it felt like you were hanging off looking over the water below too.

I quite liked that the 3D was very subtle and enhanced bits excellently but didn't have it too much in every scene.
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    Going to see it tomorrow. Got to be done.
  • Options
    Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Going to see it tomorrow. Got to be done.
    Does it?:confused:
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    Does it?:confused:

Yes! Went in 1998, and it feels it's time to revisit it again, in the cinema.
  • Options
    Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Yes! Went in 1998, and it feels it's time to revisit it again, in the cinema.

What ever takes your fancy but once was enough for me.:)
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Im looking to go and see this Wednesday and my local cinema since i never got to see it in the cinema in 98 since i was only 8 at the time. So i think it needs to be done :)
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    ruddiger wrote: »
    The effect of the ship sinking (spoilers) in 3d looks rubbish http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yPzDipiXFM :D:D

I like this version.
  • Options
    Alvar HansoAlvar Hanso Posts: 2,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw it yesterday, and it's still as impressive as I remember it first time round.

Titanic really is a film that has to be seen on the big screen. The effects look terrific in 3D, though I agree with previous posters who have pointed out that the CGI looks a bit ropey now.

And whilst the film looks great in 3D, the main characters still firmly remain 2D...
  • Options
    darakinssdarakinss Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bloody love this movie so much! I was only 4 when it came out in 1997 so i didnt go to see it in the cinema. Ironically when I was younger I used to pretend I had seen it in the cinema and I told everyone about how my favourite part of the story was when Rose changed her mind :D at least i'm telling the truth now when I say I've seen it in the cinema. But I basically wanted Rose's wardrobe, and it's only really having seen in it in the cinema and in 3D that I can appreciate it so much more as a movie, and I think it's the acting that stands out. Winslet and DiCaprio are superb. My cousin and I were discussing it and we decided that it was Kate Winslet's facial expressions that do it. They certainly had me convinced, especially when shes on the wardrobe door and she's like "There's a boat Jack" and she's losing her voice and she starts to cry which is definitely contagious. overall i just love the movie :)
  • Options
    toogoodfortvtoogoodfortv Posts: 6,536
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone

Well went to see it to tonight.

I seen it the first time it came out in cinema, but I was curious with the 3D and also I couldn't miss the opportunity to see it on the big screen again ..... Even though I watched it last month at home in bed haha

Cos I'm from east belfast, where the titanic was made, I have a particular interest in it....my relatives worked at the ship yard, on the titanic...

We seen it in the odyssey cinema which is right next to the titanic building and the slipway where she was made.... It felt a bit nostalgic sitting watching this major movie abut a ship that was built only a mins walk away.

After the movie was over, me and the OH walked put the back to the titanic building, we then drove the car up around the titanic quarter and looked at the SS Nomadic, the white star line building where Thomas Andrews and co would have walked through....we then drove past the pump house and slipway .... Lived in belfast all MetLife and had never been there!

My fiancé is singing at a memorial service on Friday in Thomas Andrews memorial church in comber where he was from...it will be special

As far as the movie goes, awesome...the 3D was brilliant CONSIDERING it wasn't made for 3D ... Obviously not as good as avatar etc but it was still awesome.

My only bit of neg comment was when the ship was sinking, and the lights went out and it was dark, I kinda found it hard to watch because it was quite dark with the glasses on and the 3D wasnt showing as well...also my glasses had some glare on them and it was rather annoying..

Ie joyed the 3D but I did feel it was a distraction at times...

Also, as someone mentioned, some CGI from when it was first made back in the 90s was really obviously...mainly just the birds eye views with the people walking around on the deck....was really obvious...

Something else about my experience tonight at the cinema, it was completely packed out at half 4 and we had to sit next to two wee girls (row of 4) , around about 11 yrs old...and it was clearly their first time seeing the movie...some of the comments they came out with...so cute... Like when jack and rose kissed on the front of the ship, one of the girls gasped and said "omg, she's engaged,...Huuuuhhhh!" lol..... It was great to see two young kids watching the movie and learning more about it ... Brought me back to when I seen it aged 10 bak when it first came out.

Awesome
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was only 8 when it came out, so didn't see at the cinema. It's one of my favourite films, so I'm glad I got the chance to see it on the big screen. I liked the subtleness of the 3D, and think they did well with it considering it wasn't originally made for 3D.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think what we all want to know is - does the 3D enhance the boobies scene? :D
  • Options
    metanoiametanoia Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't they spot the Iceberg this time as it was now in glorious 3D?
  • Options
    ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .... cant bloody wait, making sure i pack my tissues though

It's not THAT erotic... :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    daniellejaynedaniellejayne Posts: 2,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd never seen the full film before, I think I was only 3/4 when it first came out and for some reason when I had watched it I'd never got to the end of the movie.

Anyway this was the first time I watched it in full and it's now my favourite movie ever! I actually fell in love with Jack Dawson and its actually got me really interested in Titanic. As soon as I got home from the cinema I was googling Titanic to find out more about the true stories.

When I first got asked to go I thought a 3 and 1/2 hour movie would be really boring but when it was finishing I was actually hoping for it to last longer, We went to see it again the next day too just because we really enjoyed it and still cried at the exact same times we did the day before :') I've just ordered the DVD too!
    I've never really like 3d films but it works with Titanic, honestly an amazing film!