Humax 9300 Recovering Recordings

keicarkeicar Posts: 2,082
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My Humax 9300, has probably remained unused for the last 6 months with my Foxsat HDR being used all of my recordings. So to make space on my rack was thinking of selling it, but it has a few things recorded on it that I want to back up.

The easiest (but slowest) way is to record them in real time to my DVD recorder, the question has probably been asked a thousand times, but is there a way to recover the files to burn on a PC via the USB?

One further observation, after switching it on last night is that the picture is abysmal in comparison with both Freesat and the Freeview signal on my TV, very 'blocky'.

Comments

• Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    keicar wrote: »
    The easiest (but slowest) way is to record them in real time to my DVD recorder, the question has probably been asked a thousand times, but is there a way to recover the files to burn on a PC via the USB?
    Not via the USB port. You could open the box, attach the disk to a SATA to USB converter and use humaxrw to download the recordings.
    One further observation, after switching it on last night is that the picture is abysmal in comparison with both Freesat and the Freeview signal on my TV, very 'blocky'.
    Not sure what you mean by blocky but the quality should be comparable with the Freeview TV in SD. Are you connecting via SCART or HDMI?
  • Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what you mean by blocky but the quality should be comparable with the Freeview TV in SD. Are you connecting via SCART or HDMI?

Or has there been channel changes since its last use?
  • keicarkeicar Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

HDMI, connected through AV Amp, but before I got the amp at Xmas it was connected via scart, I do seem to recall that when I first got it the picture was better via scart?

Martin, thanks for the Humaxrw pointer, once the files are recovered, can a .ts file be burnt to a readable DVD?
    Big-les wrote: »
    Or has there been channel changes since its last use?

Good point, not done a retune recently.
  • Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    keicar wrote: »
    Martin, thanks for the Humaxrw pointer, once the files are recovered, can a .ts file be burnt to a readable DVD?
    It needs some processing first but yes it is possible; there are people who do this regularly but not me.