NCIS Los Angeles

Comments

• carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,687
    Forum Member
    Meh! Maybe, but they always need a hook for the teaser. Plus it's how they got to that point is the ... erm... point :)
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    Channel 5 will be screening this from the beginning later this month.

Good for Freeview viewers like me that haven't seen it. Will give it a try as I'm a fan of NCIS.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »

Good for Freeview viewers like me that haven't seen it. Will give it a try as I'm a fan of NCIS.

Really? That’s interesting… Sky have the lifetime exclusive rights to NCIS:LA as far as I know, but I guess they’ve sold off the terrestrial rights to Channel 5. The first season is 5 years old now so I guess they are just making some extra money from it (I know they paid a phenomenal amount for the rights originally).
    I’ve always thought Channel 5 must be a bit annoyed they missed out on NCIS:LA originally seeing as NCIS does so well for them in the ratings. But now everyone’s a winner – Channel 5 finally get to show it (with the hope it’ll be as successful for them as the original NCIS is) and Sky get some free advertising for the programme while remaining the first place to see the new episodes.
  • StillTryingSE25StillTryingSE25 Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Love the team on this show, it does make me laugh at times the comedy mixes in well with the storylines.

But the end of this Sunday's episode was just too cute!
  • Darth-HabibDarth-Habib Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    Attention NCIS: Los Angeles fans

Unfortunately, for technical reasons, we can't bring you tonight's advertised episode of NCIS: Los Angeles. That episode has now been rescheduled for next Sunday. Instead, tonight, we will be re-showing the explosive finale to season four. Many apologies for the inconvenience.

https://www.facebook.com/Sky1HD
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annoying but I guess not something they could avoid whatever the reason.

The comments section makes me laugh though... some are calling it a conspiracy.
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky are useless! what technical reason!! and when will we see episode 5??? will they cancel whatever is meant to be on at 8pm next sunday?? eugh no wonder people illegally download.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^I'd imagine it'd be on next week instead. Just effectively means the UK is another week behind.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So why isn't hawaii five 0 on or is that suffering technical difficulties too?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting question, I didn't know it was also off. Seems odd to have both shows missing.

Its not like they've only just aired in the States and they couldn't get the transfer in time, these episodes are months old.

Maybe I'm naive in thinking that they get the broadcasters equivalent of a box-set. I guess its all downloaded on a weekly basis?
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »

Im wondering that aswell
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member

It is on.

I'm recording it right now .
  • lola14lola14 Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is on, I'm watching it right now!
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Did someone spill coke on the computer?
    Forum Member
    Attention NCIS: Los Angeles fans

Unfortunately, for technical reasons, we can't bring you tonight's advertised episode of NCIS: Los Angeles. That episode has now been rescheduled for next Sunday. Instead, tonight, we will be re-showing the explosive finale to season four. Many apologies for the inconvenience.

https://www.facebook.com/Sky1HD

I didn't see that before watching the ep. The even more embarrasing thing is that I sat through most of it before realising it was a repeat :blush::p
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    It is on.

I'm recording it right now .

That was a repeat. I watched it last week.
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a repeat. I watched it last week.
    It wasn't a repeat, it was a new episode. This was brought up last week in the F-O thread and it appears that Anytime had shown this weeks episode instead of last.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Five-0 was definitely s4 ep5 last night as scheduled.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did someone spill coke on the computer?

In the year 1999 Fry spilt coke on the computer which means the episode doesn't exist. :p
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »

Wonder if they'll keep the clicky camera sequences around the ad breaks or edit them out like Sky do??
    Forum Member
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    Wonder if they'll keep the clicky camera sequences around the ad breaks or edit them out like Sky do??
    They don't always.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a bit confused - are you saying that the episode on 16th Feb was cancelled & a repeat shown in its place? I only ask, because mt Sky+ box failed to record it on that day so I missed what was shown.

The episode last Sunday (25th) was episode 5.

This is one of my favourite shows. Sometimes the story lines are not so good, but I just love the interaction between the characters.
  • leeowls87leeowls87 Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused - are you saying that the episode on 16th Feb was cancelled & a repeat shown in its place? I only ask, because mt Sky+ box failed to record it on that day so I missed what was shown.

The episode last Sunday (25th) was episode 5.

This is one of my favourite shows. Sometimes the story lines are not so good, but I just love the interaction between the characters.

Yes the episode originally scheduled for the 16th (ep 5) wasn't shown due to the fault and a repeat of the season 4 finale was shown in its place

That episode was the one shown last Sunday (23rd) so if you haven't missed an episode
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leeowls87 wrote: »
    Yes the episode originally scheduled for the 16th (ep 5) wasn't shown due to the fault and a repeat of the season 4 finale was shown in its place

That episode was the one shown last Sunday (23rd) so if you haven't missed an episode

Thank you for the info.

I wonder if this is why my Sky+ didn't record it then? At least I now know I haven't missed an episode, which is good news. I'm actually glad it didn't record the finale of season 4 - that was way too brutal for my taste.
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    I see that Channel 5 has the rights. I wonder if they'll get the rights to Hawaii 5-0 too, considering that there is a cross over two-parter.

It would be a bit odd for them to air an episode with a "previously on Hawaii 5-0" at the beginning without showing the series.