The Family - C4 Documentary (Merged)

Comments

• paul_hadleypaul_hadley Posts: 10,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They dont work for me either :(
    I watched the final two episodes of the main show on there a few days ago - they work fine here (Windows XP SP3).

The Family - http://www.channel4.com/video/the-family/catchup.html

The Family: Teen Stories - http://www.channel4.com/video/brandless-catchup.jsp?vodBrand=the-family-teen-stories
  • BBTIMEBBTIME Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Family at Christmas has been announced in the C4 line up. I was hoping they'd do this as the clips on the C4 site looked quite good.
    One last chance to meet the Hughes Family.

Have they done any interviews since or spoken about the reaction the the series?
  • Magpie11Magpie11 Posts: 9,294
    Forum Member
    BBTIME wrote: »
    The Family at Christmas has been announced in the C4 line up. I was hoping they'd do this as the clips on the C4 site looked quite good.

Have they done any interviews since or spoken about the reaction the the series?

I caught them (Simon, Jane, Charlotte and Tom) on Richard and Judy's chat show on Watch a few days back.

Unfortunately it was just a pretty lame book review item and the program wasn't even mentioned.

I'm not sure R&J knew who they were!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member

Do you know what day The Family at Christmas is on?? Thanks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simonr101 wrote: »
    According to this thread by 'Wozza', it's on at 21:30 on Christmas Eve
    - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=951106

I was hoping they would show a Christmas special, should be good :) (And nice to see them again too :p)
  • cressida100cressida100 Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HertsMan wrote: »

I was hoping they would show a Christmas special, should be good :) (And nice to see them again too :p)

Thanks for this!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member

Just saw the advert for that on channel 4.
    Looks good, they all seem happy :D
  • GellymissGellymiss Posts: 1,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unexpect wrote: »

Is it new material??? I couldve sworn in the ad they showed, that the granddaughter was back to being a tiny baby...I thought maybe they'd just regurgitated old stuff that they had taped into a christmas episode....
  • xzqzxxzqzx Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Gellymiss wrote: »
    Is it new material??? I couldve sworn in the ad they showed, that the granddaughter was back to being a tiny baby...I thought maybe they'd just regurgitated old stuff that they had taped into a christmas episode....

just looked on my pvr programme guide and it says 'the hectic week before christmas has begun and youngest child tom wants everyone else to be excited' so it must be a new one. Maybe the baby is small because it was filmed the christmas before the rest of the filming.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xzqzx wrote: »
    just looked on my pvr programme guide and it says 'the hectic week before christmas has begun and youngest child tom wants everyone else to be excited' so it must be a new one. Maybe the baby is small because it was filmed the christmas before the rest of the filming.

I think it probably is before what we've already seen... I think one of the early episodes was based around Valentine's Day wasn't it so I guess they started about this time last year and finished in the summer with the wedding.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Yeah i think that's right, as in they filmed the christmas bit first.
    Can't of been old material regurgitated as they had the whole christmas crackers out and we haven't seen that before
  • hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was just about to post a new thread about the christmas special but seen as though people are discussing it here, i won't bother.
  • sutton111sutton111 Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will there be a repeat i want to put it on to DVD.
  • odz1odz1 Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just about to post a new thread about the christmas special but seen as though people are discussing it here, i won't bother.

Is it the same family? What xmas special u talkin about?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

simonr101 wrote: »

Unexpect wrote: »

odz1 wrote: »
    Is it the same family? What xmas special u talkin about?
    Perhaps that one..?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just what the doctor ordered.. Christmas special and a very tasy Simon in a tight T shirt ... hmmmmm !
  • Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have missed the Hughes'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG drool.....
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Hello gang/hughes fans, see you at the end of the program.

Simon's kicking off far too much because he's left the presents in the boot.

My kids presents are in the boot, wrap them up later.
    I assumed they'd be highly organised about chrimbo, meat ordered in September and all that sort of thing.
  • MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    There is a little wall plaque beside the front door, but it keeps vanishing and coming back again. I'm guessing the filming is a different sequence to what we are seeing? :confused:

I would love to know what the plaque says though. (I'm nosey) :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom is so so lovely and sweet.... me want a stocking too!
  • Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Tom gets that blue camo housecoat he wore most of the time in the series for Christmas then this will be like a Lost flashback.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AWWWWWWWWwwww..... well, I'm enjoying it...
  • MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    Why couldn't they keep filming the Hughes. They could have had their own tv series like Katie and Peter, Jade etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah Yeah!!!