Options

Alesha's 'Judging' remarks (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    shakeyershammyshakeyershammy Posts: 18,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mickey007 wrote: »
    I was going to try and be positive but I can't; she was awful, all air and no substance. Tedious, Dull, Boring, an absolute waste of space and air time.

:eek: Are you really Craig in disguise?? :D
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Alli-F wrote: »
    She could have talked about performance and selling the dance, needing acting skills, any one of a hundred performance aspects really and she didn't. She just spouted inane drivel. :rolleyes:

Why did the BBC do it? :confused:

She's not an actress or a director or qualified to do that - all she can say is that didn't work for me. When they did put someone highly qualified to do that on DOI people complained because they didn't like the comments.
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what were the BBC thinking? It was just like asking a member of the public to comment I hope Arlene is sitting there smiling now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SandyH wrote: »
    bland, bring back Arlene

100% agree :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Brilliant thread title! LOL!

Not much more to add other than I am now going to be watching Strictly on iplayer because I have no wish to ever sit through that again, it was just embarrassing and pathetic. The fast forward button is my friend!

I agree about "embarrassing" I felt I couldn't look at her when she gave her comments.Didn't think I would miss Arlene as she also annoyed me on previous SCDs but OMG it was very poor. I bet Arlene watched it and thought Dull, Drippy, Disastrous, Dire
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,542
    Forum Member
    Spidey wrote: »
    100% agree :(

"110%" :mad: to quote the woman herself...
  • Options
    dolly doodolly doo Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    IMO when the BBC decided to get rid of Arlene, they should have got someone from a dancing back ground to be a judge.

I like Alesha but not as a strictly judge:rolleyes: . I hope she improves or I think the BBC will be inundated with complaints, due to Alesha's lack experience.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's worse than I thought she'd be and my expectations weren't that high in the first place.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Alesha as a personality but she has zero credibility as a judge.

I was cringing at her comments. If I was a pro I'd find it very difficult to stand there and take her critique.

And what's with her and Bruno constantly giggling ? The pair of them were really annoying me.
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also didnt like how Brucie kept saying 'very good point' after everything she said as if to make a point that she is making valid comments just in case they went over our heads. :rolleyes:

I want Arlene back :(
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    I liked her as a contestant but not as a judge

IMO she was crapola
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    feisty wrote: »
    one word...ageism

And sexist. They wouldn't get rid of Brucie or Len, but an older women....well, the BBC can't cope with that :mad:
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Love Alesha as a personality but she has zero credibility as a judge.

I was cringing at her comments. If I was a pro I'd find it very difficult to stand there and take her critique.

And what's with her and Bruno constantly giggling ? The pair of them were really annoying me.

She also kept butting in to everything he was saying. Again, really annoying! :(

I've had such a disappointing night, I really wanted to like her and Joe and Kristina were awful! :(:cry:
  • Options
    FluffyBunnykinsFluffyBunnykins Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Alesha, and wasn't going to judge her until I'd seen her .. but she adds nothing :( She just doesn't have the level of expertise to add anything of interest.

The BBC have taken a risk in putting SCD against XF on Saturday nights. I think they have until the XF live shows start to sort this out. Otherwise, people are going to be watching XF, recording SCD so that they can FF Alesha, which means XF will be getting the phone votes, not the BBC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We make more insightful comments on the forum!

And she's already over-marking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Astonbabe wrote: »
    Replace Alesha with Arlene (yeh) or Darcey Bussell. Alesha is a lovely girl, but has no place judging. Her comments were banal in the extreme. What is the point of having her on the panel? She adds absolutely nothing in that role. I would rather see her replacing the wooden Tess... The other judges don't appear to keen on having her on the panel either.

Thumbs down Aunty Beeb

100% agree, on all points
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    It was her first night and she had a hell of a spot to fill but, on her first appearance I wasn't impressed at all. I agree with catmurphy Alesha was way out of her depth tonight and it showed. It's ok giving the odd opinion on ITT but this is a whole programme where the audience scrutinise the judges as much as the dancers and on first showing she's coming up desperately short.

Yes she won the show but it was more because she had a "bubbly" personality than her dancing skills (I would still argue that Matt was better on the night); unfortunately even that didn't come through tonight so it left me wondering "why on earth was this woman chosen to replace Arlene"? Hopefully she'll pick up next week but, to be honest she couldn't be much worse!
  • Options
    dirrrtydirrrty Posts: 8,442
    Forum Member
    I like Alesha, but she is not a judge. They should have someone who knows about dancing like the other 3, even one the dancers that left would have been good.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expected this reaction to be honest;). I didn't think she was that bad really, a bit "safe" with her comments and her awarding the Bellingham a 7 is stupidity but i prefer her to Arlene and her aliteration.

100% AGREE.If she had used technical terms,they would have bitched about that aswell.

It will take all of an day before all of the bitchin about the new female pros begins.
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No but she allowed the judges to give the same marks but in a more positive way.

She adds nothing but niceness and an ability to throw a high mark to someone dire that will stop a JS situation developing. She replaces someone who could add to the criticism. That alters the whole tone. She adds nothing but its a crucial nothing - likeability for the panel and a less negative reaction to the marks

With Alesha chucking marks and nice comment around and Len random as ever they can do other sleight of hand things. Bruno can be tougher to keep the marks where Arlene would have put them but as he is funny people will let him do that. Meanwhile Craig is being more constructive.

Its rather clever really - if it works on the voters and the hopeless ones go and don't stay.

Even cleverer all the people saying she's not credible won't like her overmarking the worst people like Lynda - which adds to the likelihood that weaker people will go. She's pleases one lot of viewers and not another - but both lots are less likely to vote for a JS.

I thought she might become a Paula Abdul Mk II, and she definitely confirmed my suspicion tonight.
  • Options
    drbolognaisedrbolognaise Posts: 2,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Alesha, she's got a great personality. But I fear she's a bit out of her depth here with the judging. She should have been a replacement for Tess, who is beyond awful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    She also kept butting in to everything he was saying. Again, really annoying! :(

I've had such a disappointing night, I really wanted to like her and Joe and Kristina were awful! :(:cry:

I know, what a disappointment he turned out to be :(

No natural rhythm and totally lacking in charisma.

Never mind Alli, it's early days, I'm sure you'll find yourself drawn to another couple :)

As for Alesha, it wasn't so much the interrupting that annoyed me as her trying to 'correct' Bruno. Who does she think she is!?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Alesha, and wasn't going to judge her until I'd seen her .. but she adds nothing :( She just doesn't have the level of expertise to add anything of interest.

The BBC have taken a risk in putting SCD against XF on Saturday nights. I think they have until the XF live shows start to sort this out. Otherwise, people are going to be watching XF, recording SCD so that they can FF Alesha, which means XF will be getting the phone votes, not the BBC.

Good point!
  • Options
    MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    Ok, perhaps not on par with Eldorado....

She was a complete nonce.

That is all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Alesha, she's got a great personality. But I fear she's a bit out of her depth here with the judging. She should have been a replacement for Tess, who is beyond awful.

Exately! BBC have messed up big time. I hope they sort this out FAST!