Up

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone else bought this film yet? "UP" came out on DVD yesterday.
It is one of the sweetest Disney films ever. My Grandchildren love it. :)

Comments

• PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i did though i haven't watched it yet. i cried all the way through it in the cinema, not ready to do that again!

i know everyone goes on about the opening montage showing karl and ellie's life together but the bit that really got me was when
    he finds she's put photographs of their life together in her 'adventure' book with a note saying thank you for their life together
  • STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed playing the video game of 'Up' on the Xbox 360 recently, so will definately have to watch the movie I think :)
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i thought it was ok but a bit over rated the 3d wasnt spectacular either, my son liked it but it wasnt one of his fave films of 2009
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Brilliant film, i bought the Blu Ray yesterday and the picture quality is absolutely out of this world! Easily one of the best looking Blu Rays i've seen.
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    Had it on blu ray since November/December time, so yes, watched it. Not my favourite Pixar film, but still wonderful to watch.

Up, or Coraline for Best Animation at the Oscars.
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Got the dvd yesters. Gonna watch it tomoz.
  • Manic MinerManic Miner Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    found the best bits on youtube (MAJOR SPOILERS)

married life http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeLgjGEBWcY&feature=related

bittersweet ending http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsG2S_1PRnk&feature=related

enjoy/ cry
    :cool:
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    No, buy it and watch it whole. :p
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've just watched it on Blu-ray. It was indeed fantastic animation and the opening story is very sweet. Definitely one for the kids though - not my favourite Pixar movie. I liked Toy Story,The Incredibles and Monsters Inc. better.
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    agree that the 3d wasn't great.

The first part was incredibly sad, very good film.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't think of one other film where I cried at the start.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never actually saw the film in the cinema, sice it didn't really appeal to me. But my friend bought it the other day on DVD and made me watch it with her.
    Turns out i really enjoyed it. Not the best animation i've seen, but still a very nice story and very funny in parts :)

P.S... 'SQUIRREL!'
  • MikayMikay Posts: 10,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely loved it. Got it on Blu-Ray on Monday and it was really great. It's up there with my top Pixar films with Monsters Inc. and Toy Story. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely loved this film and it is definately one of if not my fav animation film.

Also am I the only one that finds the bit where Mr Fredrikson is coming down on the stairlift to the music from 'Carmen' absolutely hilarious. It makes me lol everytime and I don't know why but it does:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Point.............. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    I saw it in 3D in the cinema and whilst it was a lovely film, I didn't understand the point of making it in 3D. It added nothing whatsoever to the experience- the story, the performances and the heart it had were the important things
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    I just love this film, cant fault it start to finish.

I def agrre tho that he 3d added very little to the film, I saw it in 3D and 2D at the cinema and Blu-ray at home and cant think of anything thats lost in the 2d (normal?) versions.
  • Manic MinerManic Miner Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just love this film, cant fault it start to finish.

I def agrre tho that he 3d added very little to the film, I saw it in 3D and 2D at the cinema and Blu-ray at home and cant think of anything thats lost in the 2d (normal?) versions.

The 3d was good only cos it meant you were wearing the goggles and no one could see me crying my eyes out at the start:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Up, or Coraline for Best Animation at the Oscars.

Up for Best Picture!! :D

Won't happen, but I can dream :)
  • petral_galpetral_gal Posts: 1,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched Up tonight. Absolutely loved it!! I see what everyone means about the first ten minutes too, how sad!!!

Pixar just keep getting better and better.

Point!!
  • lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best Film of 2009 if you ask me. Absolutley fabulous.

I honestly can't remember the last time I brought a film on DVD on the day it came out (I generally wait till they get cheaper, though that doesn't tend to happen so much with Disney Films) but I just wanted to own this.

Think were planning on all sitting down and watching it tommorow evening as my Dad hasn't seen it yet :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I saw it in 3D in the cinema and whilst it was a lovely film, I didn't understand the point of making it in 3D. It added nothing whatsoever to the experience- the story, the performances and the heart it had were the important things

To line Disney's pockets due to the higher ticket price? Having said that though, the kind of 3D used in 'Up' was my preferred kind where it wasn't used purely as a gimmick to have things being thrown at the viewer, but instead it just adds a subtle depth of field effect. 'Avatar' was the same (better infact), and it definitely seems to draw you in more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    I may be a 35 year old man, with no kids and seemingly no reason to watch it, but a friend lent me the DVD on the assurance I would love the movie.

She was quite right too, I thought it was one of the best movies Disney have ever made.
    So touching and absolutely very well made.

And I absolutely adored the dog :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this today. I liked it but it just didn't live up to the hype for me - some people make out it's one of the greatest films ever but I just thought it was good. Might a personal preference thing - action adventure doesn't really do much for me.

It is a fantastic film - beautiful animation, touching storyline, nice characters - but a touch overrated.

I kind of felt that way about The Incredibles - people raved about it yet it left me a bit underwhelmed, but when I watched it again I liked it more as I knew what to expect.
  • AppleTangoAppleTango Posts: 1,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigBHM wrote: »
    I may be a 35 year old man, with no kids and seemingly no reason to watch it, but a friend lent me the DVD on the assurance I would love the movie.

She was quite right too, I thought it was one of the best movies Disney have ever made.
    So touching and absolutely very well made.

And I absolutely adored the dog :D

It wasn't made by Disney.