Anybody buying this Ashley Cole/Kayla Collins shiz?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
Forum Member
✭✭
This all seems a little staged to me. No pictures of them together and only insiders and reliable sources. Holy Moly hinted at it being staged by her management but couldn't they have found someone better to link her with? I mean, Ashley Cole? She'd probably do better being linked to the Wikileaks founder than him :D

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't see there being the merest iota of truth in the story
  • lets go gemma!lets go gemma! Posts: 1,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ashley only likes white ENGLISH chavs

this is made up
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still stand by my theory that Cheryl and Ashley have plans to get back together at some point, possibly when their careers start to tail off a bit.
    She is only hanging out with gay men, and he doesn't seem to have found anyone serious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    I still stand by my theory that Cheryl and Ashley have plans to get back together at some point, possibly when their careers start to tail off a bit.
    She is only hanging out with gay men, and he doesn't seem to have found anyone serious.

There have been rumours flying that they have met up a few times and the DS - that tome of all things true - had the texting story last week. Maybe this is a ploy to steer people away. I actually have the same theory as you.
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did a bit digging on this story.

One of Dave Read's PR people (neon) was retweeting any famous celeb that tweeted this story. Looks like a set up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lucy mane wrote: »
    I did a bit digging on this story.

One of Dave Read's PR people (neon) was retweeting any famous celeb that tweeted this story. Looks like a set up.

Don't want to sound thick, but who's Dave Read? Famous people are talking about this story? I don't understand why they would set this up. If it is her people setting it up, they must know linking her with him isn't going to be great for her.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buster65 wrote: »
    This all seems a little staged to me. No pictures of them together and only insiders and reliable sources. Holy Moly hinted at it being staged by her management but couldn't they have found someone better to link her with? I mean, Ashley Cole? She'd probably do better being linked to the Wikileaks founder than him :D
    I agree. Wasn't there a story recently about that Frankie (I think) from the Saturdays was trying to sit on his lap and chat him up? Why would anyone go near Ashley unless for publicity?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I now do believe this is being completely staged by someone, don't understand why though. Whoever it is isn't letting it go. Tomorrow's front page in The People ''Cheryl's Joy At Ashley's Love for Kayla'' Love after two dates when she's only been in the country for six days??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The NOTW has a pic which shows them as a couple.
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good lord. poor Ashley. yet another publicity chaser.. he always seems to attract them. I mean who leaked it? She is cute tho.

the NOTW pic just shows them in the car and him driving. It says that they've been going out for months but Kayla was seen in the jungle trying to get it on with Aggro Santos.

Why cant celebs/sports people stay single and not jump from long term to a new relationship? Its a hot mess that Cheryl/Ashley couldn't have just moved far far away. I'm going to pray hard.

ETA: I read the people newspaper.

Wait so this started from this Tuesday gone? why would anyone in the right mind be talking as if this is some sort of true love affair after they've known each other for less than a week?.. and clearly she knows of his history otherwise she wouldn't mention Cheryl.. How ridiculous! lol! a blatant image 'rehabilition relationship'... as he now has to remain in England because Chelsea wont let him go and she has to build her career.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moireen wrote: »
    The NOTW has a pic which shows them as a couple.

This is really strange. There are a lot of pictures of him leaving the Dorchester on Thursday night on Rex features and he was the only one in the car. If she had gotten into it, wouldn't they have put those pictures up as well. There were also pictures on Zimbio of him in the car alone. Some of the facts in the story are wrong as well. Like her being at his place on Friday. I just looked at her Twitter page and she was getting pampered all day on Friday then hosted a party on Friday night. The picture in the car looks completely genuine though. Intriguing!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good lord. poor Ashley. yet another publicity chaser.. he always seems to attract them. I mean who leaked it? She is cute tho.

the NOTW pic just shows them in the car and him driving. It says that they've been going out for months but Kayla was seen in the jungle trying to get it on with Agro Santis.

Why cant celebs/sprts people stay single and not jump from long term to a new relationship?

I had a look at her Twitter and she seems to have spent most of her time with her management people. A lot of that story doesn't jive with things that she's tweeted. I don't see why they would be put together as a PR stunt though. If they want more exposure for her here, they could come up with someone better than him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But who? Defoe? truth is he is the only highest profile person I can think of off the top of my head that is single.

In other news, Cheryl will adopt a black baby ala Sandra Bullock.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The People story is now online with a load of supposed quotes from her. According to that one they only met at Funky Buddah. The People one sounds like a complete set up. The NOTW one was written by a trainee reporter who started at the paper on a scholarship a few months ago
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

the NOTW pic just shows them in the car and him driving. It says that they've been going out for months but Kayla was seen in the jungle trying to get it on with Aggro Santos.

Why cant celebs/sports people stay single and not jump from long term to a new relationship? Its a hot mess that Cheryl/Ashley couldn't have just moved far far away. I'm going to pray hard.

ETA: I read the people newspaper.

Wait so this started from this Tuesday gone? why would anyone in the right mind be talking as if this is some sort of true love affair after they've known each other for less than a week?.. and clearly she knows of his history otherwise she wouldn't mention Cheryl.. How ridiculous! lol! a blatant image 'rehabilition relationship'... as he now has to remain in England because Chelsea wont let him go and she has to build her career.

The People are saying Tuesday and the NOTW are saying July. According to the NOTW she asked him or a UK agents number and he gave her one and that agent got her the I'm A Celeb gig. How would he know any agents? He's a footballer not a rock star. Weird set up
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't understand why someone as shy and media-avoiding as him always falls for those attention-seekers who try to make a career off his back. Whenever he gives a football interview, you always feel how uncomfortable he feels and how he'd rather be left alone.

Why can't he find himself a discreet and pretty girl?

I just don't get it. He's the best left-back in the world, but he's as thick as they get.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot believe i will go back on what i had said earlier lol

A relative of his on twitter which looks legit is reporting he has falling head over heels for her big time.
    He wants to get out of England and move to the US.

If this is true then this must the dumbest quickest relationship of all time lol.
    I think he really wants to get away from the pro Cheryl UK media..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A relative of his on twitter which looks legit is reporting he has falling head over heels for her big time.

If this is true then this must the dumbest quickest relationship of all time lol.

The News of the World are reporting that they have been dating for months. She told a few fibs in the jungle then lol.:p

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw/public/home/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What relative on Twitter? I would be surprised if a real relative would comment publicly about his private life somewhere like Twitter
  • Scratchy7929Scratchy7929 Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ah! :confused: you are talking about 3-4 months ago aren't you.The red tops at least have seemed to have turned against her in the main.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'd pay little attention to that twitter page. why would his relative suddenly create a twitter page just to confirm something? they had ample opportunity if they so wished prior to Kayla to speak out and debunk/confirm things.

Quite sad that he seems to be used as a human ladder. of course he never had the IACBGMOH agent number or he'd be hooking up loads of people.

Cheryl still has very positive media. If she goes out to America, they need to keep a good relationship with her... at the same time, they need to fill the vacant space she may leave behind - -step forward Kayla.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'd pay little attention to that twitter page. why would his relative suddenly create a twitter page just to confirm something? they had ample opportunity if they so wished prior to Kayla to speak out and debunk/confirm things.

Quite sad that he seems to be used as a human ladder. of course he never had the IACBGMOH agent number or he'd be hooking up loads of people.

Cheryl still has very positive media. If she goes out to America, they need to keep a good relationship with her... at the same time, they need to fill the vacant space she may leave behind - -step forward Kayla.

So this relatives Twitter page has only been set up basically to confirm this story? I've had a look on Twitter and can't find anything. I agree that he wouldn't have an agents number handy, what a lot of tosh. Problem with the ''filling the vacant space with Kayla'' theory is that she lives in LA. Wouldn't they pick someone who lives here? Unless they're looking for an excuse for him to be flying back and forwards to LA once Cheryl has moved there ;)
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh that makes sense now. My man told me he'd heard Kayla was seeing Carlton Cole and I couldn't imagine that (plus I think he's in a stable relationship)
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Buster65 wrote: »
    Don't want to sound thick, but who's Dave Read?

Dave Read runs Neon Management and PR. He's like Claire Powell at CAN, in that his main operational tactic is to get his clients publicity by concocting tabloid relationships for them.

For example Chanelle Hayes and Jack Tweed are, I believe, both clients and are pretending (er, I mean "alleged" :D) to be in a relationship.

As well as Kayla Collins, Danielle Lloyd, Bianca Gascoigne and Calum Best have all been beneficiaries of the Dave Read publicity machine over the years, and they're all essentially famous for serial "hook up" stories and nothing more, so the pattern is pretty clear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phil solo wrote: »
    Dave Read runs Neon Management and PR. He's like Claire Powell at CAN, in that his main operational tactic is to get his clients publicity by concocting tabloid relationships for them.

For example Chanelle Hayes and Jack Tweed are, I believe, both clients and are pretending (er, I mean "alleged" :D) to be in a relationship.

As well as Kayla Collins, Danielle Lloyd, Bianca Gascoigne and Calum Best have all been beneficiaries of the Dave Read publicity machine over the years, and they're all essentially famous for serial "hook up" stories and nothing more, so the pattern is pretty clear.

Thanks for that, very interesting. This is likely to be one of them then. Wonder what Ashley gets out of the deal and how they managed to rope him in to it. I find the way the entertainment PR machine works more and more fascinating every day.