What to do with Chocolates

kaniakania Posts: 6,252
Forum Member
Hi all

I got more than enough tins of chocs for xmas. Even though there are three of us 5 tins are far too much.

I was thinking of taking a couple to the local hospice, to do something nice. Is this a good idea or is there some reason it'd be a daft idea?

If it's a stupid idea does anyone have any recommendations of what to do with a couple of tins? I don't want to end up the size of a house!!!

Comments

• Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    Take them to your local OAP home. They, probably, have lots but they'll so be eaten.

I think it's a nice idea to share. :)
  • CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't need to eat them all now, spread them out throughout the year if the dates are alright on them.
  • PapaLazarou999PapaLazarou999 Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kania wrote: »
    Hi all

I got more than enough tins of chocs for xmas. Even though there are three of us 5 tins are far too much.

I was thinking of taking a couple to the local hospice, to do something nice. Is this a good idea or is there some reason it'd be a daft idea?

If it's a stupid idea does anyone have any recommendations of what to do with a couple of tins? I don't want to end up the size of a house!!!

I think it would be a lovely idea kania,see the real meaning of christmas is still alive and well.:)

Definatly share them if you dont want themx
  • kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    CANDYANGEL wrote: »
    You don't need to eat them all now, spread them out throughout the year if the dates are alright on them.

Knowing us lot, they'll all be eaten before spring has sprung!
  • kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    Take them to your local OAP home. They, probably, have lots but they'll so be eaten.

I think it's a nice idea to share. :)
    I think it would be a lovely idea kania,see the real meaning of christmas is still alive and well.:)

Definatly share them if you dont want themx

Thanks, and I will. Just was worried about some being a bit too chewy lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard that putting chocolate in the fridge makes it go off but how long before it goes off otherwise? Anyone know?
    The worst type of chocolates are the liquors which are in my opinion simply vile.
  • Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    MrsSpoon wrote: »
    I heard that putting chocolate in the fridge makes it go off but how long before it goes off otherwise? Anyone know?
    The worst type of chocolates are the liquors which are in my opinion simply vile.

:o I love them, particularly cherry brandy. :o

They've got to be the quality ones, though, not the cheap, sugary ones. :)
  • mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take them back to a supermarket if they are unopened and buy something else.
  • MarzBar85MarzBar85 Posts: 15,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kania wrote: »
    Thanks, and I will. Just was worried about some being a bit too chewy lol.

Haha! I've got a mental vision of someone losing their teeth on a toffee and screaming for the nurse!

Just drop them in, if the patients can't eat them the staff certainly will!
  • ThinWhitePukeThinWhitePuke Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Give them to me problem solved ;)