Options

Bump on gum

lewisHlewisH Posts: 1,941
Forum Member
✭✭✭
For about 3 months now I have had a small bump on my upper gum. Every morning a little pus comes out it and it remains a bump, but slightly flatter. Has anyone come across this before? I am too busy to get to a dentist at the moment.

Comments

• Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    lewisH wrote: »
    For about 3 months now I have had a small bump on my upper gum. Every morning a little pus comes out it and it remains a bump, but slightly flatter. Has anyone come across this before? I am too busy to get to a dentist at the moment.

Seriously go see the dentist or GP . 3 months is far too long to ignore anything like that
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sound like a gum boil and may be caused by a tooth abscess. You need to see a dentist.
  • Options
    cal4751cal4751 Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lewisH wrote: »

I had this back a few months ago. Although luckily it wasn't painful, but it was an abcess, with only a little pus coming out. I had to have a course of anti biotics, which I don't like taking, but otherwise the infection can spread. It sorted it out though.

Please go see your dentist, you don't want it to get any worse.
  • Options
    MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friend ignored a similar problem. The infection ate away his jaw bone so now it's costing him thousands to have a bone graft and titanium implants. Please get it sorted immediately.
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Abscesses can be more serious than some people realise,. Please get to a dentist asap.
  • Options
    spanglerokapispanglerokapi Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had this with a premolar, the root had fractured and was trying to erupt from the gum. An extraction was required.
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had same sort of thing, but it would disappear for weeks and then come back. It was infection in the root of the tooth, one root canal and crown later and it was sorted, but it was a nasty abcess waiting to happen. No point putting it off, it won't stop till it's treated.
  • Options
    lewisHlewisH Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for all your replies. I will make that dentists appointment ASAP.