Whatever happened to Alexander Burke singing career

violetcrawleyvioletcrawley Posts: 734
Forum Member
✭✭
Does anyone know?

I tried to get tickets for a small seated show in the Elgin room at RAH and it said sold out.

The show then cancelled because she says something better came up career wise.

She appears on 'who wants to be a millionaire ' and then on 'this morning' .

I only caught a glimpse of her telling 'this morning' she has trained to be a life coach.

Any more UK gigs planned or it is another doing musical theatre route when their career is on the wane.

I can see her talking over from Beverley Knight when she leaves ' the body guard'.

Comments

• Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone else will go into more detail, but here is a brief outline of what has happened/is going on:

- She left Simon Cowell's label Syco during the recording of her second album.

- She moved to RCA UK, however Syco wouldn't let her take the songs she recorded for album two with her, which is why album two was very dance orientated and very different to what was origianlly expcted. She had worked and recorded with some big names and big producers. She is rumoured to have got some back some of the songs she originally recorded for album two, but who knows.

- She's been signed to U.S label Epic since she won the X Factor in 2008. There was a hell of a lot of changes and re-shuffling going on at the label though which is why she was never launched over there.

- She's been working on album three for the past year and a half...maybe a bit longer actually. Most of the recording has been done in the U.S.

- She's been signed by Jay Z's management team.

- There are no plans at present for her to release anything in the UK. She's cocnentrating on the U.S for the time being.

- She spends most of her time in the U.S now apart from coming back to the UK for the odd tv appearence or work commitment.

- She's finishing album three this month. Listening party took place a few weeks ago.

Someone else will probably explain everything better than me. There was a lot going on behind the scenes after she left Syco which has held things up.
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She moved to RCA UK, however Syco wouldn't let her take the songs she recorded for album two with her, which is why album two was very dance orientated and very different to what was origianlly expcted. She had worked and recorded with some big names and big producers. She is rumoured to have got some back some of the songs she originally recorded for album two, but who knows.

Didn't know about this. Why on earth would Syco be so petty given RCA is just another Sony label? Honestly, the sooner people get away from them the better, it seems.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is like a year too late. Sorry (not sorry). :)

She's in the States finishing up her U.S debut album, she's been looking and sounding great. Here she is with Busta Rhymes at a Hennessy event last night, also attended by Beyoncé, Jay-Z, Kelly Rowland, Nas and others. Her career is going well. :cool:
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her label were useless. Overcome was fantastic and then her second album was absolutely shit - except for one song.

Alex and Leona should be two of the biggest world stars, but they were managed terribly.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She now writes for OK-dot-com
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    This thread is like a year too late. Sorry (not sorry). :)

She's in the States finishing up her U.S debut album, she's been looking and sounding great. Here she is with Busta Rhymes at a Hennessy event last night, also attended by Beyoncé, Jay-Z, Kelly Rowland, Nas and others. Her career is going well. :cool:

Has she got a new label now?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rattie wrote: »
    Has she got a new label now?

A new management team, styling team and a new label yeah. She hasn't announced the label yet.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her label were useless. Overcome was fantastic and then her second album was absolutely shit - except for one song.

Alex and Leona should be two of the biggest world stars, but they were managed terribly.

Is that the same for Duffy, KT Tunstall and loads of other artists that disappear after doing so well?.

Everyone blames the label but the public are fickle and music and tastes change.

Posters so love to bash Simon's label but unless you know everything that goes on behind the scenes then you really can't just apportion blame to one. Also posters seem to mix up PR, management and label. They are three different things doing three different things

It isn't the label that gets them gigs on tv and promo slots!
  • violetcrawleyvioletcrawley Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks.

Would love to see her at the jazz cafe or the hideway in streatham.
    Forum Member
    A new management team, styling team and a new label yeah. She hasn't announced the label yet.

Not trying to be picky, but how do you know she's been signed to a label if no one has officially confirmed it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not trying to be picky, but how do you know she's been signed to a label if no one has officially confirmed it?

We follow what she is doing like a hawk in her appreciation thread. Given what she has been doing lately, it's all but confirmed that she has been signed. She has even told us on twitter that she will reveal it when she is ready, but considering her manager is the new Vice President of Epic Records, I'd bet on that, though we'll have to see.

She's got a brand new styling team who have worked with Beyoncé, Alicia Keys etc. and has been working on her U.S. debut album with high profile producers who have worked with a number of big names including Mariah, Ciara, Drake, Jay-Z, Jennifer Hudson, Beyoncé etc.

Plus her attendance at press events in the U.S. and flying First Class when she didn't before, indicates that she has had a considerable cash injection from a record label deal. :)
    Forum Member
    We follow what she is doing like a hawk in her appreciation thread. Given what she has been doing lately, it's all but confirmed that she has been signed. She has even told us on twitter that she will reveal it when she is ready, but considering her manager is the new Vice President of Epic Records, I'd bet on that, though we'll have to see.

She's got a brand new styling team who have worked with Beyoncé, Alicia Keys etc. and has been working on her U.S. debut album with high profile producers who have worked with a number of big names including Mariah, Ciara, Drake, Jay-Z, Jennifer Hudson, Beyoncé etc.

Plus her attendance at press events in the U.S. and flying First Class when she didn't before, indicates that she has had a considerable cash injection from a record label deal. :)

Ah I see, thanks for replying. I hope she puts you out of your suspense soon then. I know as a big fan of an artist, the not knowing and waiting to hear for ages drives me bonkers lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah I see, thanks for replying. I hope she puts you out of your suspense soon then. I know as a big fan of an artist, the not knowing and waiting to hear for ages drives me bonkers lol.

Not a problem. :) To be honest, the wait isn't that bad because while people were busy calling her a flop, she got herself together and has bounced right back. Hopefully her hard work will pay off. :)
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can always count on Zack06 to reassure us Alex is on the way back up... *rolls eyes*
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    You can always count on Zack06 to reassure us Alex is on the way back up... *rolls eyes*

But she CLEARLY is if you read. *rolls eyes back*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So nobody has noticed that she is ''Alexander Burke' in the title of this thread?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »

You can count on me to do a lot of things. :kitty:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one mention her recent mixtape: New Rules, seductive rnb 5 jams. Debuted close to the end of 2013. Check it out