Is there a cure for 'motion blur'?

Hi

I think its called motion blur!

Basically, I have a 2nd TV set used for gaming or occasional TV viewing.

Its a UMC 32" LED Full HD TV.

I've noticed when playing FIFA14 or watching Match of the Day, as the players run around or the ball is kicked, you can see a blurry trail following them.

In fact its happening whenever there is any movement of any sort in a game or TV viewing.

I've stopped watching TV on it & gaming is no fun.

My TV still has over a years warranty on it. Is it something that can be fixed?

Thanks

Comments

• iangradiangrad Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its not faulty as such , its just that the people who decided on the original spec got the lowest spec graphics performance chip set and screen they could . Clue will have been in the price LOL
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not with your existing TV.

You need a quality TV with a LCD display with panel with a decent refresh rate. Swap it for a Panasonic like this one (you get what you pay for)

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl32e6b/pana-txl32e6b
  • call100call100 Posts: 7,264
    Forum Member
    Cheap Chinese set made with low end components so doubtful it can be eradicated. If it has any noise enhancements etc. turn them all off and see if it helps some.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Firstly try turning off any picture enhancing feature and try again. If that makes no difference then you may possibly have an issue with the TV or as I suspect it's more than likely the response time of the screen is not fast enough allow fast on screen movement without blurring the image.

http://lcdtvbuyingguide.com/lcdtv/lcdtv-responsetime.shtml
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the sentiments shown = you get what you pay for.

I was overcome with the urgent need to buy a full HD set whilst not being able to afford a decent branded one!

Lesson learnt!

Will tinker around with it - and then try to get rid of it!!!
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MY TV does it occasionally. I think the direction of the motion makes a difference - diagonally to the corners seems to be the worst. It sod on a snooker shot the other day.

Not the end of the world. It's worth it for what I paid.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with the sentiments shown = you get what you pay for.

I was overcome with the urgent need to buy a full HD set whilst not being able to afford a decent branded one!

Lesson learnt!

Will tinker around with it - and then try to get rid of it!!!

If it's any help, my grandson has a PS4 and was totally disappointed by the picture quality on his el cheapo supermarket TV. I bought him the TV I linked. He is totally overawed by the picture.

You would have had a massive improvement in picture quality had you bought a HD Ready quality display with a 768 line panel, which you could have bought at a similar price.

You aren't the first to be seduced by the 1920 x 1080 advertising hype. The picture quality you get is much less than the display resolution suggests.

Basically a 1920 x 1080 interlaced transmisison at 25fps (1080i), is around the same quality as a 1280 x 720 at 50 fps (720p50). That's why the original HD Ready spec included both formats as the minimum spec.

No broadcaster actually adopted 720P, simply because to the layman it seemed inferior despite the fact that at the time there were no LCD/Plasma displays with 1080 lines.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's any help, my grandson has a PS4 and was totally disappointed by the picture quality on his el cheapo supermarket TV. I bought him the TV I linked. He is totally overawed by the picture.

You would have had a massive improvement in picture quality had you bought a HD Ready quality display with a 768 line panel, which you could have bought at a similar price.

You aren't the first to be seduced by the 1920 x 1080 advertising hype. The picture quality you get is much less than the display resolution suggests.

Basically a 1920 x 1080 interlaced transmisison at 25fps (1080i), is around the same quality as a 1280 x 720 at 50 fps (720p50). That's why the original HD Ready spec included both formats as the minimum spec.

No broadcaster actually adopted 720P, simply because to the layman it seemed inferior despite the fact that at the time there were no LCD/Plasma displays with 1080 lines.

Unfortunately that Panny is twice what I paid - but I guess its been proven that my set is a false economy in the long run!
  • SibeberSibeber Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not with your existing TV.

You need a quality TV with a LCD display with panel with a decent refresh rate. Swap it for a Panasonic like this one (you get what you pay for)

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl32e6b/pana-txl32e6b

I have had this model for a year now , it is awesome and is now £60 cheaper than it was a year ago !