Why was Helen's diary room warning on two shows?

AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
Forum Member
✭✭
Helen's warning in the diary room was shown on last night's show.
Yet on tonight's show it was shown again. Only this time it showed Helen telling other housemates about it as if it happened on the same day that tonight's show was showing.

So what on earth is going on with the timeline here?

Was Helen telling the other housemates about her warning really from yesterday's events, or from two days before?

And why was the warning shown on two HL shows on consecutive nights?

Comments

• chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    wondered that too.i think they just wanted to calm viewers down as early as they could
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone said that there is some sort of requirement for formal warnings to shown on the night they are given out
  • DiscombobulateDiscombobulate Posts: 4,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was on yesterday's show to show the natural end to the argument.

It was on today's show because that is where it fits chronologically and also it tied in with what was going on in today's show (ie re Helen and Matthew)
  • atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen's warning in the diary room was shown on last night's show.
    Yet on tonight's show it was shown again. Only this time it showed Helen telling other housemates about it as if it happened on the same day that tonight's show was showing.

So what on earth is going on with the timeline here?

Was Helen telling the other housemates about her warning really from yesterday's events, or from two days before?

And why was the warning shown on two HL shows on consecutive nights?

I thought that but then thought I must have seen it on BOTS last night as an exclusive. So it was on last nights show, thanks for clearing that up, I thought I was going mad!!
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wondered that too.i think they just wanted to calm viewers down as early as they could

But even so, when Helen came out of the diary room and we saw a scene where she told her mates what happened, isn't tonight's show supposed to be showing us events from the previous day?
    It would have to mean that they are including highlights on the HL show which are not from the previous day but from two days ago.
    They could be clips from about four or five days ago for all we know.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it's stupid. Why show us twice for? It could be that they don't want us to hate Helen that much so they showed us Helen getting warned in the same episode that she was so horrible so you could see she was slightly apologetic. I think Big brother must be embarrassed Helen is safe to the final. They should definately strip Her from that privilege.
  • Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they needed to feel to show that they given her the warning ASAP to avoid more Helen uproar.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    atko wrote: »
    I thought that but then thought I must have seen it on BOTS last night as an exclusive. So it was on last nights show, thanks for clearing that up, I thought I was going mad!!

Yes it was. I only know so because I don't watch BOTS any more.:D

The thing is though is that it's two things. Not just the warning itself, but showing a scene which couldn't have possibly happened yesterday. That scene in the garden where housemates were asking her what happened must have been from at least two days ago.

So is it fine now for BB to show scenes which happened several days ago and present them to us on the HL show as if they had just happened the day before?
    They could grab a clip from a week ago and edit into a HL show to make it appear as if it happened the day before.
    I understand that they occasionally use flashbacks, but they make that obvious to us and the scene is usually in black and white.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought I read that it had to be shown on the relevant night (relevant to the events to which it pertained) to legally satisfy Ofcom, or some such thing, and then they showed it again today because it was part of that day's events/highlights (if you can call it a highlight lol).
  • GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they must have edited it to last night's highlight show. She.must have given her the warning yesterday morning after the argument the night before.

It was no use giving her the warning on that night Helen was not in a fit state to pie eyed to take on board the seriousness of her vile behaviour.

Also the producers needed to watch the footage again and then discuss what action to take.

I think they made a huge mistake they should have made her leave then with no formal warning.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I thought I read that it had to be shown on the relevant night (relevant to the events to which it pertained) to legally satisfy Ofcom, or some such thing, and then they showed it again today because it was part of that day's events/highlights (if you can call it a highlight lol).

That's what I meant!! :)
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    That's what I meant!! :)
    I know you did - you can't see me but there's a crystal on my forehead right now, sending your thoughts to my fingers :D;)