Talksport Chat (Part 12)

Comments

• radio tunerradio tuner Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    Nigel Pearson showing his aggressive nature yet again. He should be punished for yesterdays incident....way over the top.

thats no way for a football commentator to behave ....he should never be on the radio again
  • RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy Jacobs agreeing with mourinho, there's a surprise. About time Jacobs was put in the headsgone feature.
  • Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Venetian wrote: »
    And each goal he scores makes more and more money for the Club. Lovely theorising Billy but these days frequent goal scorers are up there with rock stars and the goal scorers don't make a fraction of what the rock star earns. I'm actually quite surprised he's asking for £130,000 per week, I thought his agent would have pushed for more, and I'm not being facetious:(

Your fully entitled to your view but for me footballers, stage artists and god knows what else are all grotesquely overpaid, I watched a program last week that featured Elton John's home and it made me feel almost sick that he can live in such grand splendour spending hundreds upon hundreds a week on freshly cut flowers and living like a king with his boyfriend when all he is is a pop singer and now footballers are catching up.

Can't Sterling live on £95,000 a week at 20 or something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    speculator wrote: »
    On the Ofcom website, more details have been provided. It says All Rights Reserved so I assume I cannot quote anything so have to read from source >> http://licensing.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/radio/digital/nationalradio/SoundDigital.pdf
    Page 63 : talkRADIO
    Page 64 : talkSPORT 2
    Page 65 : talkBUSINESS
    Page 85 : summary

My recollection of talkRADIO current affairs was "shockjocks" overstepping acceptable broadcasting and UTV regularly paying fines to Ofcom. They will want to avoid that so the new talkRADIO sounds littleweight with "Porky Parry type" presenters.

I have yet to play the links you have kindly provided but I will in a few minutes thanks.

Talksport 2 wouldn't have to be like Talk Radio UK of 1995 with shock-jocks though would it they could employ good presenters capable of broadcasting good shows but they probably won't through will they because THIS is talkSPORT run by UTV and all they're our for is making money and to hell with quality or anything else.
    Caesar The Geezer was supposedly a shock-jock [termed that by the media only because the reality is he was never a shock-jock in truth] when he was axed with others due to the station losing money overall his show had a record following for late night shows on radio.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redunited wrote: »
    Andy Jacobs agreeing with mourinho, there's a surprise. About time Jacobs was put in the headsgone feature.

That's what I'd eventually like for all of them when the station is taken over by a new company altogether a heads gone feature.

Here's a picture of a heads gone feature right here ----> http://bit.ly/1zHfueZ
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    speculator wrote: »
    On the Ofcom website, more details have been provided. It says All Rights Reserved so I assume I cannot quote anything so have to read from source >> http://licensing.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/radio/digital/nationalradio/SoundDigital.pdf
    Page 63 : talkRADIO
    Page 64 : talkSPORT 2
    Page 65 : talkBUSINESS
    Page 85 : summary

My recollection of talkRADIO current affairs was "shockjocks" overstepping acceptable broadcasting and UTV regularly paying fines to Ofcom. They will want to avoid that so the new talkRADIO sounds littleweight with "Porky Parry type" presenters.

sean bolger ,anna raeburn ,vanessa feltz ,lorraine kelly proper shock jocks
  • The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nigel Pearson showing his aggressive nature yet again. He should be punished for yesterdays incident....way over the top.
    thats no way for a football commentator to behave ....he should never be on the radio again

Erm, I think Jack was talking about the Leicester City manager of the same name. But I expect you already knew that. ;-) :p

I believe we'll know whether the South Digital (talkRADIO/talkSPORT 2) or Listen2Digital (Sports Radio) bid is successful in late April. The launch of the stations would then either be later this year or in early 2016.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm, I think Jack was talking about the Leicester City manager of the same name. But I expect you already knew that. ;-) :p

/QUOTE]

im sorry i thought this thread was about talKSPORT
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

/QUOTE]

We're not strict on it some of us like to wander a little off-topic let's face it the station is so damn boring these days it's just difficult to find anything worth talking about unless you like to discuss the top six of the Premier League.
  • FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »

We're not strict on it some of us like to wander a little off-topic let's face it the station is so damn boring these days it's just difficult to find anything worth talking about unless you like to discuss the top six of the Premier League.

They've been talking about it on Talksport so it's hardly unrelated. I don't see it as off topic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    They've been talking about it on Talksport so it's hardly unrelated. I don't see it as off topic.

This is on-topic because talkSPORT haven't been talking about it lol, .... what's it like on the summit up there tonight Jimbo is the air clear or do you need oxygen masks?. :D

I wouldn't know being a Wednesdayite. :p
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone?

Was meant when Brazil responded to the comment "Darren Lewis a good friend of the show" saying he was until ???

Until what? (7.20am)
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    wrote: »
    /QUOTE]

Why are you a Leicester fan, :D If the station was discussing that topic then it's good to go on here i'm afraid, over to you.
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Billy, Brentford have sacked their manager after winning promotion and 6th in the league :o......... there's no hope for our lot.
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    So QPR get their first away win.....without st Arry of Redknapp yet Dungham fails to mention that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why are you a Leicester fan, :D If the station was discussing that topic then it's good to go on here i'm afraid, over to you.

if i was a leicester fan i wouldnt mistake the manager with a football commentator ...over to you (whatever that means )
  • old oakold oak Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Billy, Brentford have sacked their manager after winning promotion and 6th in the league :o......... there's no hope for our lot.

That's not the full story,when this news broke early Monday morning the moose was tweeting that it was absolutely untrue it was then I started to believe it.Sadly it looks like Warburton will be leaving the club and I understand TS where ridiculing brentford yesterday without any real insight what really has gone on.We have a great owner who is a Bees fan and the real facts will be revealed this week.Not that it would embarass a chicken shit station that TS is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    This is on-topic because talkSPORT haven't been talking about it lol, .... what's it like on the summit up there tonight Jimbo is the air clear or do you need oxygen masks?. :D

I wouldn't know being a Wednesdayite. :p

:D Lol, last night couldn't have gone any better for us Bill, we didn't half leave it bloody late though. I still consider our defeat to your mob as the turning point in our season. Well needed kick up the arse. Still, long way to go yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul Lambert sacked according to Talksport.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    Paul Lambert sacked according to Talksport.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport
  • Flashy VicFlashy Vic Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Matt Forde was half decent in that video. You're just letting your anti-TS bias shine through. Poor foorm.

Bollocks. Forde was, and is, as funny as dysentry in a maternity ward.
    He wouldnt know comedy if it mugged him at an ATM and made him cry like a skelped baby on air.
    The fact that he was Tony Blair's joke writer....thats right he was responsible for all the famous side splitting gags that we all remember so well. falling from the lips of that lying piece of shit traitor Blair. Thats the standard of the pathetic squealing nonentity's comedy chops.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think The Two Mikes (Grahan and Parry) is the best thing on the radio waves right now. Hidden gem.

Love their random antidotes and lads banter.
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flashy Vic wrote: »
    He wouldnt know comedy if it mugged him at an ATM and made him cry like a skelped baby on air.
    The fact that he was Tony Blair's joke writer....thats right he was responsible for all the famous side splitting gags that we all remember so well. falling from the lips of that lying piece of shit traitor Blair. Thats the standard of the pathetic squealing nonentity's comedy chops.

I know I'm going off topic but I just wanted to say it's nice to see you again on here Vic, I loved this post (and many of your others). I do appreciate unashamed honesty:)
  • Flashy VicFlashy Vic Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why thank you, you are so kind.
  • JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Flashy Vic wrote: »

As odious as Blair is, and as poor as Forde is as a broadcaster, Blair won three elections. If as you say Forde was his writer, then he cannot be that bad - can he?
This discussion has been closed.