Corrie: new Bethany Platt?

Comments

• AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    The actress is decent, and she'll only get better the longer she is in the show. This forum seems to see the worst in everything.

Her and Sarah look very similar too
    http://cdn.itv.com/uploads/editor/medium_iQG3M5TEIfb6YsFm7cZVT8BA02HqtvVxpZ3fCG5wGA4.jpg

Maybe when Sarah returns they can do "people think we're sisters" story
  • TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    The scene with Gavin was forced.. Do people really meet someone having known them 2 secs and go for a drink

Absolutely right, and not only that but keep buying them drinks. Shite, rancid writing done only to shoehorn Bethany in t'Rovers for more hilarious, knockabout scenes. AndynotGavin was fly enough to fool everybody for months he was someone else but he's conned out of drink after drink by a 14 year old? I think its 14 year olds that are writing these scenes and scripts.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not only an old looking 14 but acts much older too. Ridiculous casting.
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't all 14 year olds act older than they are? :confused:.
  • ytsejamytsejam Posts: 384
    Forum Member

Spot on and sadly it sums up perfectly just how far this once great soap has sunk these days :(
  • CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The actress is decent, and she'll only get better the longer she is in the show. This forum seems to see the worst in everything.

Her and Sarah look very similar too
    http://cdn.itv.com/uploads/editor/medium_iQG3M5TEIfb6YsFm7cZVT8BA02HqtvVxpZ3fCG5wGA4.jpg

Totally agree.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looked a lot younger without make up in tonight's episode.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I think she's perfectly cast plus she looks very like tina o brien too
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure about her having an Italian accent, but I'm sure her Northern accent shouldn't be as strong as it is. When she left she had only been talking a few years, she has spent most of her talking years in Italy.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rolling your eyes, speaking in a childish voice, tutting at everything, and lowering and shaking your head, does not make a 20-plus woman look 14.

Just makes her look very stupid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rolling your eyes, speaking in a childish voice, tutting at everything, and lowering and shaking your head, does not make a 20-plus woman look 14.

She's 19.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member

Why are you so sure she is 20+? Have you seen her birth certificate or passport? I'd imagine that the casting agents at Corrie have given they had to dismiss the first actress hired due to her having lied about her age. They'd hardly risk having a second one do it so, they've probably asked to see proof and they have stated she is 19.
  • opal88opal88 Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    which part of italy has she been living in? Bacupio?
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Why are you so sure she is 20+? Have you seen her birth certificate or passport? I'd imagine that the casting agents at Corrie have given they had to dismiss the first actress hired due to her having lied about her age. They'd hardly risk having a second one do it so, they've probably asked to see proof and they have stated she is 19.
    I believe this one is 19 and will turn 20 later this year.

I still think that is too old considering the character is only 14. The actress looks her age too. Corrie obviously has no idea what 14 year olds look like.
  • meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    She looked a lot younger without make up in tonight's episode.

I thought the opposite, she looked 19 without makeup.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    LHolmes wrote: »
    I believe this one is 19 and will turn 20 later this year.

I still think that is too old considering the character is only 14. Lucy Fallon looks her age too. Corrie writers obviously have no idea what 14 year olds look like.

I still maintain that 14 year olds can look a lot older than their years, especially if they are trying to by plying on make up.

As i've commented on anther thread, i could easily pass for the same age as my brother when i was 14 and he is nearly 5 years older than me in fact, most people thought i was the older and there was a time when i lef my purse in a shop i visited a lot, i saw the not they'd put on describing me and they said 17 or 18, that was when i was 13! Now if that was the case 30 years ago, i'm sure it still happens now.

I'm not saying that it is common, that all 14 year olds could pass for late teens but it certainly does happen just as some teenagers will look younger than they actually are.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I think she's perfectly cast plus she looks very like tina o brien too

When she first got out of the taxi i thought she looked like kylie! I didnt realise it was bethanny and i thought we were having a long lost sister of kylie come looking for her!
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Very good casting. She looks just like Tina O'Brien.
  • craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's an awful brat. As much as I don't mind the actress, I find the character to be awfully cliche and not what I would have expected Bethany to have turned out like.

Sarah Lou is one of my most favourite characters but I'm dreading her arrival if she's anything like her lousy mare of a daughter.
  • superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finding it hilarious that people are complaining because she doesnt look 14.

Nowadays 14 year olds dont even look 14, she looks fine!
  • glitta17glitta17 Posts: 2,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friend lived in Greece her whole life, had a Greek father and went to a Greek school. Her mum was from Manchester and she speaks English with a northern accent, I couldn't believe she wasn't born here, so it is possible she has a northern accent.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Plus Bethany will be 15 in June. Ever since Nick people jump on the age bandwagon. She's perfect casting - looks just like Tina
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say I'm loving her as a character. Just what Corrie needs. A young female character that is actually interesting to watch. I'm sick of boring young characters like Sinead, Katy, Zeedan, Chesney etc. Funny how she's already made more of an impact than Alya and Zeedan even though they've been in the show for months.
  • AudioRebelAudioRebel Posts: 32,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks like a teenage Fearne Cotton.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She needs a slap