Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I needed £3000 so I asked my dad if he would be my supporter.

Sorry TV company but if I asked my dad that one of the words he would have said would be OFF!

:D:D:D
  • Options
    mrsbadcrumble66mrsbadcrumble66 Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Get Your Hand in The Fruit Bowl, get it in......>:( sod off
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    DVDfever wrote: »
    Yep, they must hate getting paid a shedload of money!

Button, Ennis and the other one in that Santander ad, for example. Then again, my bank has a terrible set of adverts, but I can't be bothered changing.

Well, you can hate you job, but I'm guessing most people enjoy the getting paid part. Also, if it's part of their contract to appear, it's not really the same. It's like, we will sponsor you on the condition that you appear on our shitty ads or whatever, so they reluctantly agree because they need the sponsorship.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Just seen the latest one for Walkers crisps. Old lady, stair lift, repair man. Quite funny.
  • Options
    WoodyouratherWoodyourather Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    silversox wrote: »
    Just seen the latest one for Walkers crisps. Old lady, stair lift, repair man. Quite funny.
    My only issue with that advert is that she literally shows no concern over the fact that her window has been smashed by a flying stairlift. She doesn't even vaguely react to it.
  • Options
    Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    Well, you can hate you job, but I'm guessing most people enjoy the getting paid part. Also, if it's part of their contract to appear, it's not really the same. It's like, we will sponsor you on the condition that you appear on our shitty ads or whatever, so they reluctantly agree because they need the sponsorship.

Jessica Ennis and Rory McIlroy will be getting paid as they have personal sponsorship deals with Santander. I feel sorry for Jason Button. He will have to appear in the adverts as Santander sponsors McLaren F1.

F1 Drivers have to do sponsorship work (including TV adverts) for their team sponsors but don't get paid for it. Well in a round about way they do as the sponsors pay the team and this money (on top of what wee Bernie gives them) pays the drivers contract.

At least Ennis and McIlroy have a choice in who they do adverts/sponsorship work for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jessica Ennis and Rory McIlroy will be getting paid as they have personal sponsorship deals with Santander. I feel sorry for Jason Button. He will have to appear in the adverts as Santander sponsors McLaren F1.

F1 Drivers have to do sponsorship work (including TV adverts) for their team sponsors but don't get paid for it. Well in a round about way they do as the sponsors pay the team and this money (on top of what wee Bernie gives them) pays the drivers contract.

At least Ennis and McIlroy have a choice in who they do adverts/sponsorship work for.

Yeah, I was thinking of F1 drivers, because I remember Lewis Hamilton on Top Gear talking about how there'd be less sponsorship work with Mercedes and how that was a good thing!

Yeah, I kinda feel sorry for Jensen, I get the impression he is grimacing behind the smile on most of the ads he's been on :D Yeah yeah, before anyone says it, I know he's a millionaire and leads an idyllic lifestyle, but still :p
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haribo with the adults voices being dubbed into childrens voice - I mute it every time it comes on

the one with the girl and the dad singing Karma Chameleon in the car

The Shreddies Knitting Nans
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    ...but I have NEVER seen her, or any other of these self proclaimed horse lovers, shedding one tear about a fatally injured horse, squirming in agony, as it lies dying on a bloody race course.
    Then you've not spent much time on racecourses.

I don't like or even watch the Grand National but regardless of that, I have seen trainers, owners and connections crying buckets after a horse has been put down on a race course. Even as they lead a horse round for the next race, I've seen lads in tears. I've watched owners, trainers and lads race down to where their horse has fallen and they have been white-faced in their distress. So while I won't defend the GN and similar races, don't for a minute think that the connections don't care because they usually do. A lot. And often more so in national hunt racing because the horses race for more years and they are loved and mollycoddled and cared for.

I've also been present when a shedload of racegoers stand and keep their fingers crossed after a race when the green screens are up. When the screens come down and the horse is led away having been winded or similar in a fall, the cheers are deafening.

However. Don't get me started on owners who don't even realise that part of owning a horse means it needs a visit from the farrier every six weeks or so... or don't care that a threadbare paddock in winter won't support the horse they ignore and don't supplement with hay etc for weeks on end... >:(

In the average field near to you, me or any one of us... that's where most cruelty happens and is ignored and not reported.
  • Options
    notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if this has come up before, I haven't followed this thread, anyway.........'Anything could happen...!' That awful ad for Britains got Talent.....I can't stand the tone and pitch of Simon ?Cowell's voice and then when they all turn into ridiculous cartoon characters and we hear SC's bland, monotone and creepy voice again I can't bare it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    notin wrote: »
    Sorry if this has come up before, I haven't followed this thread, anyway.........'Anything could happen...!' That awful ad for Britains got Talent.....I can't stand the tone and pitch of Simon ?Cowell's voice and then when they all turn into ridiculous cartoon characters and we hear SC's bland, monotone and creepy voice again I can't bare it.

He just sounds so bored with it!
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate those Lidl restaurant ads.
    The customers are annoying enough but I find the servers/waitresses even more annoying.
    They are so smug and pleased with themselves as they describle the wine and food, then announcing the costs as they say stuff like "The lamb that served all four of you....only £10.39"...it's as if they have a real stake in the Lidl business instead of just being the skivvies for the millionaires who own it.
    If they had caps, they'd be doffing them.
    Makes me cringe.
    >:(
  • Options
    jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electric Renault ad with baby girlie voiced singer murdering That's Entertainment
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My only issue with that advert is that she literally shows no concern over the fact that her window has been smashed by a flying stairlift. She doesn't even vaguely react to it.

It's not meant to be taken seriously.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    the one with the girl and the dad singing Karma Chameleon in the car

She ought to get a refund from her singing class, because she sings it flat as a pancake.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    Helen Mirren's leathery old face in that ad for face cream or whatever it is that's supposed to make her look younger! Well, it bloody doesn't and I don't want to see her in a leather jacket either!
  • Options
    LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That snorting by that dame with her arse in the air on the Dreams bed ads>:(
    That awful crunching of that apple on the denture adhesive ad>:(
    Any crunching whatsoever sets my teeth on edge >:(
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    LYNN(E) wrote: »
    That snorting by that dame with her arse in the air on the Dreams bed ads>:(
    That awful crunching of that apple on the denture adhesive ad>:(
    Any crunching whatsoever sets my teeth on edge >:(

Aye I agree on both counts!
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Helen Mirren's leathery old face in that ad for face cream or whatever it is that's supposed to make her look younger! Well, it bloody doesn't and I don't want to see her in a leather jacket either!

She looks good though for a women over 60..and nice leather..she needs a nose ring and DM's though! I am disappointed she has lowered her game by selling boswellox a made up thing..meh!

Love yer username btw! :)
  • Options
    LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conceptas wrote: »
    Well put.

Horses are often cremated now, mine was euthanized by injection couldn't bear to have him shot or to go for meat was distressing enough, Then its mandatory to have them cremated , unless the owners want the ashes back which costs a bomb Its a group one
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whistling on TSB `local banking on demand` advert.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    NoseyLouie wrote: »
    She looks good though for a women over 60..and nice leather..she needs a nose ring and DM's though! I am disappointed she has lowered her game by selling boswellox a made up thing..meh!

Love yer username btw! :)

Thanks,
    I read somewhere that she's not particularly pleasant. I think it was a forum for air stewards to moan about celebrity passengers, was funny!
  • Options
    best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agreed. This myth that 'she doesn't look 69' or that she's 'beautiful' are just that. A myth. Without tons of make up and very expensive clobber she looks exactly like 'nana' in the Shredded Wheat ad.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    solarflare wrote: »
    She ought to get a refund from her singing class, because she sings it flat as a pancake.

I said something similar :D
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Normandie wrote: »
    Then you've not spent much time on racecourses.

I don't like or even watch the Grand National but regardless of that, I have seen trainers, owners and connections crying buckets after a horse has been put down on a race course. Even as they lead a horse round for the next race, I've seen lads in tears. I've watched owners, trainers and lads race down to where their horse has fallen and they have been white-faced in their distress. So while I won't defend the GN and similar races, don't for a minute think that the connections don't care because they usually do. A lot. And often more so in national hunt racing because the horses race for more years and they are loved and mollycoddled and cared for.

I've also been present when a shedload of racegoers stand and keep their fingers crossed after a race when the green screens are up. When the screens come down and the horse is led away having been winded or similar in a fall, the cheers are deafening.

However. Don't get me started on owners who don't even realise that part of owning a horse means it needs a visit from the farrier every six weeks or so... or don't care that a threadbare paddock in winter won't support the horse they ignore and don't supplement with hay etc for weeks on end... >:(

In the average field near to you, me or any one of us... that's where most cruelty happens and is ignored and not reported.
    The only time I ever went to a racecourse with several other horse owners like me who kept their animals at a local farm and looked after them ourselves, two horses died - well one died breaking its neck at the jump by which we were standing, and the other shot for a broken leg.

The owner of the one that broke its neck (a woman) rushed up to see what had happened to her horse saying "I hope its not dead. The insurance has just run out, so if its dead we'll get nothing and that means I'll have to cancel a holiday to buy another." She'd have been happy if it had got up because she could have had her holiday. Very compassionate and caring.

Never attended another race or watched on on TV.

My own three (cheaper than children and much better behaved!!) spent their retirement in our own field (we'd bought a shack for us to live in with field and stables for them), I lost one, a small half shire, at age 25 through grass sickness (no cure) and the other two went together on a bright morning in winter a few years later after they'd both had a good feed and run around. A part Dales at 30 who had an incurable cancerous growth on one foot and had started to stumble (didn't want him to break a leg and suffer) and his companion (a 29 year-old New Forest pony) who had lung problems caused by a previous owner and was fine in the winter but wasn't so good in the dry air of summer. They went together because one would have pined without the other - it was bad enough when they'd lost their other friend - and it's cruel to keep one without companionship.

So far I've avoided all references to the GN, apart from unfortunately catching the misleading happy cartoon a couple of times, and will avoid all news of it afterwards.
This discussion has been closed.