Options

Will Stacey ever have a storyline as good as or better than her bipolar one?

ClassicGarfieldClassicGarfield Posts: 1,595
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If you ask me not only does Lacey deserve it but the audience do too. She was electric in that story. Always fantastic but in that story she really shone bright. Anyone think that lightning in a bottle can be captured again? I'm confident Lacey can bring the goods but it really depends on the writers and continuity being up to that standard Again. Which the show and writers really don't seem to be anywhere near at the moment. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,128
    Forum Member
    Her bipolar story was absolutely magnificent. I think she can have a good storyline again, but maybe at completely the other end of the spectrum.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It wasn't exactly a storyline.
  • Options
    LilyBLilyB Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    I think Stacey will be a well written character but I'm not sure she'll have the flashy, eye catching stories of her first stint.
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    It wasn't exactly a storyline.

What was it then? :confused:
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully. She does have something soon, but I doubt it will be as big as the bi polar story.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see others appreciate it as much as I do :)

Would be a real shame if she never had those amazing storylines again though. Would really feel like a massive waste of talent. If one isn't right around the corner I'll feel very disappointed to be honest.
  • Options
    MediaMan5MediaMan5 Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree I really want a really big Stacey storyline soon! The only reason i'm thinking that she's been built up slowly so far is that they know Lacey is committed long term? I hope so anyway. But she still needs something big soon, the thing is they are shooting themselves in the foot because Stacey is a VERY popular character and she has very larger general appeal and is a big ratings boaster if given a big story. Instead of all these celebrity guest appearances the real answer is right under their nose - their established cast.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MediaMan5 wrote: »
    I agree I really want a really big Stacey storyline soon! The only reason i'm thinking that she's been built up slowly so far is that they know Lacey is committed long term? I hope so anyway. But she still needs something big soon, the thing is they are shooting themselves in the foot because Stacey is a VERY popular character and she has very larger general appeal and is a big ratings boaster if given a big story. Instead of all these celebrity guest appearances the real answer is right under their nose - their established cast.

Exactly. The talent is right there and if she isn't utilised in this stint properly it will be worse than disappointing. I'm just not sure with DTC lately. He does seem obsessed with the Carters and prioritising them above everyone. There definitely needs to be more balance with the cast with continuity of pace fixed. Worryingly though it doesn't seem that DTC thinks there's a problem.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    What was it then? :confused:

An excuse for screen time.
  • Options
    MediaMan5MediaMan5 Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    An excuse for screen time.

How strange. Tbh it was one of the best issue based storylines in recent years and would say it was one of Eastenders highlights of the noughties.
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Stacey doesn't deserve anymore big stories. She hogged the spotlight during her first stint so I'm glad she isn't being featured as heavily.
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she will :( but they should explore her bipolar more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How strange. Tbh it was one of the best issue based storylines in recent years and would say it was one of Eastenders highlights of the noughties.

This. Well said.
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member

I agree.