Options

EE: Broken Max - what's the future?

Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I love how, even though he's still sleeping or trying to sleep with lots of women, his downward spiral has been written very well. The scene where he broke down in front of Carol was extremely poignant.

What do we want to see? What will he do now?

Comments

• Options
    fawltytowers93fawltytowers93 Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want him to go to therapy for sex addiction
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want him to go to therapy for sex addiction

And make all the counsellors pregnant!
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many times have we've seen 'broken Max' in a few weeks he'll be back to his usual self, this will be repeated for every sl Max has.
  • Options
    fawltytowers93fawltytowers93 Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    How many times have we've seen 'broken Max' in a few weeks he'll be back to his usual self, this will be repeated for every sl Max has.

Tell me about it. I'd like to see him broken for a prolonged period of time.

The character has been EXTREMELY unlikeable since DTC took over. The way he treated Kirsty before she left, the way he wanted to see his niece Alice sent to prison for something she didn't do just so he could bang Stacey, trying to pressure Stacey into sleeping with him again, sleeping with his daughters best friend, reporting Emma to Keeble for sleeping with him, starting a vendetta against Phil when Phil did nothing wrong to him...he's been horrible.>:(

The character needs this downward spiral to redeem himself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »

I'd usually agree, but apart from his house and Carol he doesn't actually have anyone or anything. He doesn't even have a job and 2 days ago he had a business. His daughter, the only child that is still on the square, is living with his arch enemy.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I think Max will exit soon. I was hoping he'd keep the Arches. I'm really disappointed Phil took almost everything Max has. He's got his house but that's it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    I think Max will exit soon. I was hoping he'd keep the Arches. I'm really disappointed Phil took almost everything Max has. He's got his house but that's it.

Character and storyline-wise, I'd agree. However Jake is quite vocal about how committed he is to the show so I don't think he's going anywhere.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems odd that Abi seems blind to what is going on and hasn't even talked to her dad properly to get his side.
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hook up with Shirley Carter.
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member

Next year is his 10th anniversary on Eastenders so I can't see him leaving before then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hook up with Shirley Carter.

Interesting idea. She's not his usual type but I can see them both getting pie eyed together and ending up in bed. Imagine Phil if he found out Shirley went with Max. That would be quite funny. I don't think Phil wants Shirley back but anyone rather than Max where Phil's ex is concerned!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless Jake wanted to leave, I don't think DTC would axe one of, if not the best, actor on the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Unless Jake wanted to leave, I don't think DTC would axe one of, if not the best, actor on the show.

I would like him to be the one who wins the lottery but I think it's going to be the Moons. If Max wins a shed load of money he gets one up on the Mitchells!
  • Options
    loopilouloopilou Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see him go to some sort of counselling perhaps allow us to see his softer side !!

No more women for a while tho please DTC
  • Options
    lloys-strachanlloys-strachan Posts: 1,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Add alcohol addiction counselling to that list.

Max drinks enough Scotch to keep a small highland distillery in business single handed.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The character has been EXTREMELY unlikeable since DTC took over. The way he treated Kirsty before she left, the way he wanted to see his niece Alice sent to prison for something she didn't do just so he could bang Stacey, trying to pressure Stacey into sleeping with him again, sleeping with his daughters best friend, reporting Emma to Keeble for sleeping with him, starting a vendetta against Phil when Phil did nothing wrong to him...he's been horrible.>:(

Agreed.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    It seems odd that Abi seems blind to what is going on and hasn't even talked to her dad properly to get his side.

She knows him too well and is sick of all these new women he sleeps with. She's finally had enough of it.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Interesting idea. She's not his usual type but I can see them both getting pie eyed together and ending up in bed. Imagine Phil if he found out Shirley went with Max. That would be quite funny. I don't think Phil wants Shirley back but anyone rather than Max where Phil's ex is concerned!

That would be hilarious - purely for the look on Phil's face.:o
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like him to be the one who wins the lottery but I think it's going to be the Moons. If Max wins a shed load of money he gets one up on the Mitchells!

This would be good but of course they are going down the predictable route of rewarding Alfie's laziness and criminal activity, because he's Alfie Moon, it says so on his belt, so everybody forgives and loves him.

I'd like to see Abi come to her senses when she realises just how much the Mitchell men have used her and go back to Darth Abi to get revenge and save her Dad's livelihood.
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member

Aw, he's had a tough year. I still love him though! :)
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I wonder if they will go down the depression route with Max? He's running out of women to sleep with now - soon they will just be casting randomers for his conquests.:o
  • Options
    paxton7paxton7 Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be great to see Jake Wood with some meatier material. Best Male Actor on EE.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really think now would be the perfect time to give him a depression storyline, and be something new for him rather than getting another woman into bed. Sadly I can't see them doing it so close to Kat's suicide attempt.
  • Options
    VicsMumVicsMum Posts: 5,666
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see Jack back so he could team up with Max and try to take on Phil again. I think it'd be interesting in terms of how he'd interact with Ronnie as well but she's got that business with Vincent now, so not sure about that.
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see Max getting in a relationship with Kathy once she returns properly - even if it'd be to spite Ben and Phil simultaneously. It's definitely coming.