Options

ED - Marlon

silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
Forum Member
What a great actor Mark Charnock is. I really felt for Marlon, tonight. I've always liked Marlon, even tho a lot of the time he seems to be acting the fool, but, tonight, he was excellent. He CAN do "serious" given the chance.

Comments

• Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. The actor does shine with dramatic stuff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's why he wins awards. - 2 for Tricia's death episode.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always liked Marlon, have never understood all the dislike he gets on here. Having said that, disliking things is the default stance on this forum!
  • Options
    Crooked HeartCrooked Heart Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Marlon with Paddy. When Rhona keels over this summer (I've got a feeling she could be one of them!), they should live together:cool:
  • Options
    Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    I've always liked Marlon, have never understood all the dislike he gets on here. Having said that, disliking things is the default stance on this forum!

You like Marlon and don't like Ross?!!!!:o:o:o:o:o:o

Marlon is so selfish and self absorbed, I cannot stand him one bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Marlon and can't stand Ross.
  • Options
    Crooked HeartCrooked Heart Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bib: Like Ross?:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bib: Like Ross?:D

LOL Ross is very caring, he would have done anything for Donna, and was great with April and he also cares very deeply for Finn and would do anything for him as well. Where as Marlon thins the whole world revolves around him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So caring he bashed a pensioner over the head and put him in hospital, maybe killed him and attacked another one while burgling his house.
    So brave and caring that he hijacked a car with a woman and baby in it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    So caring he bashed a pensioner over the head and put him in hospital, maybe killed him and attacked another one while burgling his house.
    So brave and caring that he hijacked a car with a woman and baby in it.

Haha well nobody's perfect. He did attack Aaron for Finn, offered to beat up Aaron again after he knocked Papa Barton out with the bottle, spends time with April, tried to help Carly when her ex was bothering her and he puts flowers on Donna's grave every day, so he does have a good side. Where as Marlon wanted nothing to do with his own child, he was very mean to Donna and April when they first returned and has been ignoring his current wife for months, he barred poor Ross from Donna's funeral, just to name a few.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you want to like a greasy thug whose sole purpose in ED is to commit crimes and get away with them, you go ahead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you want to like a greasy thug whose sole purpose in ED is to commit crimes and get away with them, you go ahead.

LOL I love Ross he's in my top 3 with Aaron and Charity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha well nobody's perfect. He did attack Aaron for Finn, offered to beat up Aaron again after he knocked Papa Barton out with the bottle, spends time with April, tried to help Carly when her ex was bothering her and he puts flowers on Donna's grave every day, so he does have a good side. Where as Marlon wanted nothing to do with his own child, he was very mean to Donna and April when they first returned and has been ignoring his current wife for months, he barred poor Ross from Donna's funeral, just to name a few.

BIB@ Why is beating somebody up a good thing? Ross thinks violence is the answer to everything and the fact you think that is a good thing is quite worrying.
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    My god he's annoying.
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    I've always liked Marlon but I wish he would dump Laurel she has brought him down so much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    I've always liked Marlon but I wish he would dump Laurel she has brought him down so much.

This is exactly the way I feel. So many people say Laurel should dump Marlon; I definitely think it should be the other way around. He has a young child and it's been made clear this week that she's not fit to look after her or Arthur. The doctor mentioned Social Services - I wonder if they will get involved.
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    This is exactly the way I feel. So many people say Laurel should dump Marlon; I definitely think it should be the other way around. He has a young child and it's been made clear this week that she's not fit to look after her or Arthur. The doctor mentioned Social Services - I wonder if they will get involved.

I was so angry with Doug tonight when he had a go at Marlon about April. Did he expect Marlon to throw April aside to keep Laurel happy? She is a grown woman and April is a little girl who lost her mother and needs family.
  • Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot stand Marlon, his constant whining makes me want to turn off the telly box. Ever since Blackburn took over Emmerdale back in 2011, Marlon's just been a flipping moaning old doormat. Sort it out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was so angry with Doug tonight when he had a go at Marlon about April. Did he expect Marlon to throw April aside to keep Laurel happy? She is a grown woman and April is a little girl who lost her mother and needs family.

Exactly. I know Laurel is Doug's daughter but he seems to forget she is an adult who should be capable of looking after herself - something a 5 year old child can't do even under happy circumstances let alone tragic circumstances. It feels like Laurel was, and still is, jealous of April. And of course there's poor little Arthur who tends to get ignored a lot of the time, even by Laurel. I'm wondering if he would be better off living with Ashley and Harriet - at least they could give him a happy, stable environment.
  • Options
    AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God, I hate the Moron. >:(

I shudder at the thought of even remotely liking him. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB@ Why is beating somebody up a good thing? Ross thinks violence is the answer to everything and the fact you think that is a good thing is quite worrying.

LOL I just enjoy the bad characters, I don't go beating people up or stealing cars. I do think that Papa Barton deserved that bottle over his head and you can't get mad at Ross for defending Finn thats what a good big brother does.
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member

That really was ridiculous, wtf? I loathe Marlon but how could he be expected not to prioritise his bereaved 5 year old daughter over an adult who was fine? Clearly she isn't fine anymore but the blame for that can't just be put on Marlon having the "wrong" priorities. If Laurel's so threatened by the absent presence of Donna, if that's caused her to become an alcoholic then there are bigger problems in the relationship than April getting more of Marlon's attention.
    Even before Donna's death April had been uprooted from most of who and what she knew and her life turned upside down when Donna got ill. That couldn't be helped but it would have been very disruptive for her. And Marlon would obviously have been keen to get to know April and try to make up for lost time with her, so she'd be getting a lot of his attention for that. Neither that nor the aftermath of Donna's death would have gone on forever, if Laurel can't cope with that poor little girl getting support from her father when she has basically no one else, then she should grow the **** up and get over herself.
    Marlon is a loathsome character and an appalling actor but it's still pretty easy to side with him over Laurel on this one.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Exactly. I know Laurel is Doug's daughter but he seems to forget she is an adult who should be capable of looking after herself - something a 5 year old child can't do even under happy circumstances let alone tragic circumstances. It feels like Laurel was, and still is, jealous of April. And of course there's poor little Arthur who tends to get ignored a lot of the time, even by Laurel. I'm wondering if he would be better off living with Ashley and Harriet - at least they could give him a happy, stable environment.

Well said. Poor little April. I was stunned when Doug said what he did. How could he? Laurel is a selfish spoilt brat who is jealous of a five year old child. As for Marlon I can't stand his exaggerated mannerisms. The way he juts his jaw is so annoying. I don't like Mark Charnock's acting.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately he seems resigned to a life of misery
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL I just enjoy the bad characters, I don't go beating people up or stealing cars. I do think that Papa Barton deserved that bottle over his head and you can't get mad at Ross for defending Finn thats what a good big brother does.

There's nothing wrong with Ross defending Finn but he could do it without being violent. As I said, Ross thinks violence is the answer to everything.