Options

Elisabeth Diana...

Comments

• Options
    RichievillaRichievilla Posts: 6,179
    Forum Member
    As a Villa fan, William should put his foot down and insist on Princess Fabiana Benteke Wales.
  • Options
    BeenbagBeenbag Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wendy
    Henrietta
    Ophillia
    Georgina
    Isabell
    Victoria
    Eileen
    Sophia
    Ann
    Francis
    Unity
    Camilla
    Katheriine
  • Options
    DebrajoanDebrajoan Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    farmer bob wrote: »
    Yes, possibly the 1st Protestant Martyr.
    :cool:

I haven't quite woken up yet, and have only had two cups of coffee, but I don't quite get this.
    I know that Jeanne was beatified, then canonised as a Saint in the early part of the 20th. century, so I assume that she was Catholic, or were Protestants ever beatified?
    I tend to believe that the population of Vosges, in Lorraine, where Domrémy, (Jeanne's birthplace), is situated, were almost predominantly Catholic.
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't want it to be anything too predictable really.

That's why I like Mathilda - it has history and is a proper traditional name, but wouldn't just be regurgitating the same old names that have been used ad nauseum by the senior royals over the last couple of hundred years or so.

If it IS going to be one of the bookies' favourites, then I do like Alice.
  • Options
    Danny_SilverDanny_Silver Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Priscilla
    Susannah
    Abigail
    Julia
    Samantha
    Claudia
    Leah
    Angela
    Anna
    Bernice
    Lydia
    Bethany
    Eva
    Paula
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    It's a minefield at the best of times, even more so when having to pick names for heirs. There's a lot of history to take into account as well as current names in the family. I don't envy the committee having to decide this.

I doubt they'll include Diana though...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    It's a minefield at the best of times, even more so when having to pick names for heirs. There's a lot of history to take into account as well as current names in the family. I don't envy the committee having to decide this.

I doubt they'll include Diana though...

I will be disappointed if Diana isn't in there somewhere.
  • Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Elizabeth Kills two birds with one stone the baby would be named after the Queen and Kate's mom and I would love Diana in the name
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Victoria Elizabeth Mary

Victoria was the name Diana would have called a Princess. Better way to honour her than calling her Diana. Elizabeth obvious. Mary Queen of Scots. Plus last Princess of Cambridge was a Mary plus name of Queen grandmother.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I will be disappointed if Diana isn't in there somewhere.

The advisers will be avoiding it like the plague. It goes against protocol and harks back to a damaging period for the Monarchy.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A name I like from a TV show is Cosima. It's pretty and slightly different and still quite posh.

Other posh but slightly unusual names:

Cordelia
    Octavia
    Isadora ( we adore her) kudos if this seems familiar
    Genevieve
    Odette
    Persephone
    Evangelina
    Prudence
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    The advisers will be avoiding it like the plague. It goes against protocol and harks back to a damaging period for the Monarchy.

I agree for a first name but I would hope that they would be able to include it somewhere. It would be a shame if it were vetoed completely. And I get the impression that William and Kate will do what THEY want rather than what the faceless advisers want. They both seem quite determined to do things their way on most things.

I wonder if Diana ( as a first name ) is being saved for Harry's first daughter, assuming he has one.
  • Options
    nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Diana isn't used at all, then Frances is a compromise (as a second or third name).
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    They seem to go for rather boring names like George so I guess it will be Elizabeth with no mention of Diana!! Can you imagine Charles and Camilla's face if this little beauty was called Diana! Would mess up their plans to make Camilla Queen!! I was surprise when William gave Kate Diana's engagement ring. Thought it was a lovely idea from William to keep the memory of his mother alive.
  • Options
    LibitinaLibitina Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Charlotte, though quite like the idea of Mildred. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Diana, Sarah, Ferguson-Spencer.

That should get Phil the Greek's blood pressure going.

Love it, hilarious!!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why are so many people saying ALICE, has there been a leak of information from the Palace? Everyone was talking about a daughter but that we easier to explain as so many Royal wives have a boy first and then a girl! Only exception to the rule was Diana!! Oh I think Edward had a girl then a boy!! I like Sophia, or as everyone else seems to be calling their daughters Amelia (suddenly very popular).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    Victoria Elizabeth Mary

Victoria was the name Diana would have called a Princess. Better way to honour her than calling her Diana. Elizabeth obvious. Mary Queen of Scots. Plus last Princess of Cambridge was a Mary plus name of Queen grandmother.

Really? Never heard that before. I often heard her speaking about a little girl, how she would like to have one but never what name she would have called her.:confused:
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I was actually going to name a little girl I would avoid names ending in A or Y or E or pretty much any vowel. I would also avoid flowery names or jewel based names. Probably aim towards single syllable names with at least a strong sounding letter. Like a B or a D or a J.
  • Options
    PuckyPucky Posts: 4,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's going to be something traditional such as Victoria, Elizabeth or Mary. I think they'll include Diana but perhaps as a 2nd middle name, as William wants to keep the memory of his mother alive - and why shouldn't he?
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? Never heard that before. I often heard her speaking about a little girl, how she would like to have one but never what name she would have called her.:confused:

According to Sarah Ferguson. She wanted Victoria but it was held for Charles and Diana. Instead she used names of Victoria daughter and granddaughter.
  • Options
    anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beenbag wrote: »
    Wendy
    Henrietta
    Ophillia
    Georgina
    Isabell
    Victoria
    Eileen
    Sophia
    Ann
    Francis
    Unity
    Camilla
    Katheriine

Queen Wendy, love it. :)
  • Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If any of our suggestions are correct what do we win?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Problem with Victoria is that, just as people refer to "Wills and Kate", she would end up being called Princess Vicky, which I think is a tad common.