Options

Matt Cardle - the new Steve Brookstein?

124»

Comments

• Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    lol at another Matt debate. And yet again, anti-Matters contribute more posts to the thread than Matt-supporters. :D

I don't really know what point they need to prove, but the fact these threads grow to such huge sizes, then it clearly never works. ;) Everyone's far too stubborn to change their mind, me too!
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol at another Matt debate. And yet again, anti-Matters contribute more posts to the thread than Matt-supporters. :D

I don't really know what point they need to prove, but the fact these threads grow to such huge sizes, then it clearly never works. ;) Everyone's far too stubborn to change their mind, me too!

I just love this word 'anti-matter' ;) Still its all fun eally;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gillypoots wrote: »
    So you possess the gift of psychic connection to be able to see what exactly a person is like without actually having physical contact or face to face conversation?

My goodness, to be blessed with such a gift!:rolleyes:

I wish I possessed those skills still; I am still a mere mortal;);)
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Men are always being told by women that they think with their 'boxer shorts'. ALWAYS. Some of the comments re. Cardle on the AT and that I've read on other sites are borderline X-rated. We are always being told how lovely he is, how gorgeous he is, how cute he is. Minogue even tried to convince us that he looked good in that god-awful vest. Obviously there are some fans who like his voice, but to deny that there isn't a sexual component amongst many of his fans is, tbh, naive!

Why would you go on the AT of someone you profess to dislike though?
    i dont get it...:confused:
    I dont particularly care for Cher or Katie but i wouldnt waste my time snooping on their AT..im not interested in them enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    neelia wrote: »
    I am glad to hear that you two haven't been voting with your genitals. If you managed to vote at all, there is a chance of misdialling, Men have it easier that way :p

LOL I think that voting with that part of your body would be extremely painful - there would be be no multiple voting there;);)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Men are always being told by women that they think with their 'boxer shorts'. ALWAYS. Some of the comments re. Cardle on the AT and that I've read on other sites are borderline X-rated. We are always being told how lovely he is, how gorgeous he is, how cute he is. Minogue even tried to convince us that he looked good in that god-awful vest. Obviously there are some fans who like his voice, but to deny that there isn't a sexual component amongst many of his fans is, tbh, naive!

Do you mean you have been lurking on the App., thread but you don't like Matt why on earth would you do that;););)
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    mitacond wrote: »
    Do you mean you have been lurking on the App., thread

I wouldn't use the word 'lurk' but as I've said before, I like to browse many forums and sub-forums on DS :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mitacond wrote: »
    Do you mean you have been lurking on the App., thread but you don't like Matt why on earth would you do that;););)

Methinks Kapellmeister doth protest to much.;)
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    minxymoo wrote: »
    Methinks Kapellmeister doth protest to much.;)

I like to keep my finger on the pulse of opinion :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like to keep my finger on the pulse of opinion :)

:rolleyes:;)
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member

As for why I think he is desperate, he said so himself here.

Edited for convenience - honest :D

The clip is not available but assume that it is to do with previous comments from other posters. How we interpret the comments would be based on opinion - if you have a belief in what you want to do as a way of earning a living is it wrong to be desperate to succeed? If you have spent years trying and an opportunity arises is being desperate to succeed not understandable? You and I could both see this as desperation for success but while you may view it as a negative I see it as positive. To me, someone in that position would be pushing harder than someone who doesn't care as much.

I am fairly sure that Rachel Cher and 1D were equally desperate to win, otherwise why take all the stress and pressure from going on to the X Factor in the first place.
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    Edited for convenience - honest :D

The clip is not available but assume that it is to do with previous comments from other posters. How we interpret the comments would be based on opinion - if you have a belief in what you want to do as a way of earning a living is it wrong to be desperate to succeed? If you have spent years trying and an opportunity arises is being desperate to succeed not understandable? You and I could both see this as desperation for success but while you may view it as a negative I see it as positive. To me, someone in that position would be pushing harder than someone who doesn't care as much.

I am fairly sure that Rachel Cher and 1D were equally desperate to win, otherwise why take all the stress and pressure from going on to the X Factor in the first place.

There is a difference to in how you use the word desparate. I think that a lot of them were "desparate to win", whereas only Katie came accross to me as just "desparate". I did quite like the girl and think that she showed a lot of spirit to keep battling on but the desparate to be approved of vibe was not attractive