Ricky Whittle turned down EE

SandsssSandsss Posts: 3,124
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
    Forum Member
    Good for him, if he knows what he wants to do then he shouldn't let anything distract him. He doesn't say anything bad about EE in the article, he just wants to do film and tv drama and fairplay to the guy. Hope he does well.
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    After watching his "acting" for years I think he should stick to doing calendars. At least it gives me something to buy my mum for Christmas :D
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame. I'd be delighted to see him on my telly (or on any other piece of my domestic equipment for that matter).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good on him.
  • max_dbmax_db Posts: 3,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame. I'd be delighted to see him on my telly (or on any other piece of my domestic equipment for that matter).

In the rubbish bin?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ricky Whittle could out act the whole cast of EastEnders
  • MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad he turned down EE. It had given him the chance to do so much other stuff - oh wait a second...

:p
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eduble wrote: »

Pahahahahaha..............
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »
    Pahahahahaha..............

Yeah laugh but you know it's true
  • Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol, really? Yeah, like he could really put up a fight against the actors/actresses who play Max,Stacey,Phil,Denise,Patrick,Zainab,Masood,Tanya, etc. the list goes on.

EE has quality acting from alot of the cast, it's annoying why some people like to act like they don't.
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So kirkwood is trying to poach Hollyoaks ex stars after all then
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, really? Yeah, like he could really put up a fight against the actors/actresses who play Max,Stacey,Phil,Denise,Patrick,Zainab,Masood,Tanya, etc. the list goes on.

EE has quality acting from alot of the cast, it's annoying why some people like to act like they don't.

Course he could, all those actors/actresses you named are below Ricky Whittles standard.
  • Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Course he could, all those actors/actresses you named are below Ricky Whittles standard.

Ok I've decided to believe you are on the windup ;)
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Ash's Man wrote: »
    Good for him, if he knows what he wants to do then he shouldn't let anything distract him. He doesn't say anything bad about EE in the article, he just wants to do film and tv drama and fairplay to the guy. Hope he does well.

Not a chance in hell, then again, if Arnie did it, anyone can.
    Forum Member

ROFL :D
    Forum Member

Heheh.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Good, send him to Weatherfield as a new mechanic
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hang on a mo ... Ricky Whittle's an actor? I hadn't noticed. All I can recall are the many, many happy moments when all his clothes fall off. Such happy memories.

Come back on TV, Ricky. I miss you. Don't trouble yourself with learning any tricky ol' dialogue. Just stand there and look beautiful.
  • Gingerbread'Gingerbread' Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    I'm pleased he turned them down! his death scene in Hollyoaks was the worst piece of acting I think I've ever witnessed!
  • Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    I respect Ricky as an actor and wish him every success in whatever he choses to do.
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    I can't help but think anybody who reveals in public what work they've turned down (when it appears he hasn't broken into the area of acting he wishes to yet) is nothing but idiotic. It leaves him open to all sorts of criticism when/if his dreams haven't been achieved. In 5 years time when he isn't the big star he'd hoped to be, he'll probably be begging to join a show like EastEnders.
  • Gingerbread'Gingerbread' Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    Who do you think they wanted him to play, Greg?
  • Sinbazro_05Sinbazro_05 Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's not missing much. Like most black actors who join EE, the writers would have invented some link between his character and the Truemans, subsequently confining him to the B&B with one crap storyline a year. :rolleyes:
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Hmmm, he turned them down, evoking the predictable response of "good, we didn't want him anyway..."
    I wonder, if he had have taken the part, would the response be so negative?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank god he turned it down. Awful actor.