Alternative to MS Outlook

T.K.MaxxT.K.Maxx Posts: 585
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi, Is there an alternative to outlook? I'm using 2007 version and it's always doing something incorrect no matter how many times I install it or repair it, it locks up on me radomly and basically I think it's time to jump ship.

It would be handy to sync with an iPhone 4 but not essential.

Many thanks for your help in advance

Comments

• flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    there was an update for outlook 2007 that generally screwed it up
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/12/22/ms_withdraws_outlook_update/

try uninstalling KB2412171
  • chiller15chiller15 Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried using Windows Live Mail?
  • carnivalistcarnivalist Posts: 4,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use Mozilla Thunderbird - from the people responsible for Firefox.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I use Mozilla Thunderbird - from the people responsible for Firefox.

Same here too. Perfect and easy.
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which facilities in Outlook do you want to use? If it's just emal then yes Thunderbird is good.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do you mean to sync calender and contacts aswell? i use google and only use my desktop mail as a backup.
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    +1 for Thunderbird here too
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    depending on what you use:

google calendar and gmail (yes for pop mail too).

can't actually remember what else Outlook does, been so long since I fired it up.
  • SuperwombleSuperwomble Posts: 4,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psionic wrote: »

Ive used Thunderbird for years. I get really confused when faced with Outlook now! Ive never had any problems.
  • FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    T.K.Maxx wrote: »
    Hi, Is there an alternative to outlook? I'm using 2007 version and it's always doing something incorrect no matter how many times I install it or repair it, it locks up on me radomly and basically I think it's time to jump ship.

It would be handy to sync with an iPhone 4 but not essential.

Many thanks for your help in advance

A good workman never blames his tools. I have used various iterations of Outlook and currently use the 2007 version and it has always performed flawlessly for me.
  • FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    I get really confused when faced with Outlook

Really? :confused:
  • mincepiemincepie Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    and here
  • Magic CottageMagic Cottage Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again, it depends on what you are looking to do with Outlook. In a strange way, we don't use it for email because we prefer GMail which also has the advantage of POP and IMAP collection from our other accounts.

But we do rely on Outlook for our contacts data, in which we keep extensive notes as well. And for this there seems to be no decent alternative.
  • Alan FAlan F Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Faust wrote: »
    A good workman never blames his tools. I have used various iterations of Outlook and currently use the 2007 version and it has always performed flawlessly for me.

Hear, hear. I have also used all versions of Outlook up to the current 2010. It is rock solid and used by countless millions in corporate environments.

If your system keeps crashing it is something to do with your installation not Outlook.
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Faust wrote: »

While I say that outlook has been reliable for me, I don't doubt there could be other people having problems.

As somebody else suggested my guess the problem is with windows and maybe some other sync software ?