Options

"Ah nivver wanned ta doo th' Yooess Ex Factah"

BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
Forum Member
✭✭✭
According to those wonderful "sources", Biffa claims never wanted to do it and Cowell more or less forced her to.

If - and granted it's a big IF - that's true, then serves you right for having no backbone, you daft cow.

Comments

• Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I'm trying to keep up with all this,
    but has there been any official word from any of the following:
    • The US X Factor officials or judges
    • ITV
    • Simon Cowell
    • Cheryl herself

about Cheryl's place in the choir!

Everything is just sources this and insiders that.
  • Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Far too many posts on her and most of them are not true...I've stopped posting till I know whats going on.

Well except for this post:o
  • Options
    BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the fact that no-one, from Fox to Cowell, to Biffa, have come out and denied any of the rumours are true says it all. Any rebuttal had to be immediate: it's much too late now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's true, and it is possible given what he's done in the past, she sold her soul when she signed up with him. She knew he prioritised business over friendships.

She's had tepid pop crap turned into number one singles, she's been lauded as an amazing talent scout when she's consistently had the best people handed to her (and I believe it was only the public cottoning on to their blatant manipulation that stopped Cher/Katie winning), she'd done very well out of her friendship with Simon Cowell.

Now because he failed in his duty to hand over world superstardom on a silver platter she's going straight into the victim role again?
  • Options
    maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    If it's true, and it is possible given what he's done in the past, she sold her soul when she signed up with him. She knew he prioritised business over friendships.

She's had tepid pop crap turned into number one singles, she's been lauded as an amazing talent scout when she's consistently had the best people handed to her (and I believe it was only the public cottoning on to their blatant manipulation that stopped Cher/Katie winning), she'd done very well out of her friendship with Simon Cowell.

Now because he failed in his duty to hand over world superstardom on a silver platter she's going straight into the victim role again?

I dont know what you mean "victim role" then again maybe after hearing about Ashley Cheating, the "malaria" told to lose two stone as she is fat(as if that happened), the depression she is meant to be going through at the moment, etc she could come across as a victim;), come on now this is rediculous if we do have to have Cheryl Cole news can it be about something talented she has done not another sob story about her to keep her in the news, with all her millions in her bank account she wont get much sympathy. she was quick enough to go to the US when given the chance and the way her and Cowell smugly sat together and treating Dannii and louis like the plebs as they were not as cool as them , she gets no sympathy from me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maureens wrote: »
    I dont know what you mean "victim role" then again maybe after hearing about Ashley Cheating, the "malaria" told to lose two stone as she is fat(as if that happened), the depression she is meant to be going through at the moment, etc she could come across as a victim;), come on now this is rediculous if we do have to have Cheryl Cole news can it be about something talented she has done not another sob story about her to keep her in the news, with all her millions in her bank account she gets none from me!

You'll be waiting a long time for that:eek: You want the X Factor forum to get shut down?
  • Options
    maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'll be waiting a long time for that:eek: You want the X Factor forum to get shut down?

:D:D maybe i was pushing it wasnt i??;)
  • Options
    CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does it take a spineless, daft cow to put down someone's accent on an Internet forum? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She was given a rubbish category in 2009, Simon's over 25s were head and shoulders above the rest at judges houses, with Dannii's girls very strong too. Many had written Cheryl's three choices off before the live shows. I don't understand where this myth has stemmed from that she was given the strongest category, other than Joe improving tenfold and the rest faltering.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grenade wrote: »
    She was given a rubbish category in 2009, Simon's over 25s were head and shoulders above the rest at judges houses, with Dannii's girls very strong too. Many had written Cheryl's three choices off.

Simons overs should have strolled it but he decided to leave the best people out and put the dreadful Olly Murs in. Daniel was better than Danyl but after Simons comment aout 'best audition ever' he left himself no option.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grenade wrote: »
    She was given a rubbish category in 2009, Simon's over 25s were head and shoulders above the rest at judges houses, with Dannii's girls very strong too. Many had written Cheryl's three choices off before the live shows. I don't understand where this myth has stemmed from that she was given the strongest category, other than Joe improving tenfold and the rest faltering.

I don't agree that Joe improved, he was consistently good but bland all the way through. But actually that was a weird year - perhaps Cheryl didn't have the best people, and to be honest I remember saying her boys were crap choices at the start,so fair enough, I concede that one:o.

I think Stacey should have won but her personality put a lot of people off. Joe won simply because he went under the radar then at the end he was the least annoying option, and so many people seem to think it's compulsory to throw their money away voting for someone even if they aren't that keen on them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe won simply because he went under the radar then at the end he was the least annoying option, and so many people seem to think it's compulsory to throw their money away voting for someone even if they aren't that keen on them.

I agree with that. 2009 was a pretty poor year and Joe was just the least bad one rather than actually being any good. I think most people know he wouldn't cut it as a pop star but, as you say, some people feel they have to pick someone to vote for
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angel Dust wrote: »
    I agree with that. 2009 was a pretty poor year and Joe was just the least bad one rather than actually being any good. I think most people know he wouldn't cut it as a pop star but, as you say, some people feel they have to pick someone to vote for

No... but he might make it as an opera star :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't agree that Joe improved, he was consistently good but bland all the way through. But actually that was a weird year - perhaps Cheryl didn't have the best people, and to be honest I remember saying her boys were crap choices at the start,so fair enough, I concede that one:o.

I think Stacey should have won but her personality put a lot of people off. Joe won simply because he went under the radar then at the end he was the least annoying option, and so many people seem to think it's compulsory to throw their money away voting for someone even if they aren't that keen on them.

It was definitely a weird year, I'm sure Rachel topped the voting one week and was in the bottom 2 the rest of the time :confused:.
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Criticism is one but snobbery based on accent or regional dialect in another.

Personally I see it as nothing short of school playground bully behavior which has no real place in forum where "adults" are meant to discussions.
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    Does it take a spineless, daft cow to put down someone's accent on an Internet forum? :rolleyes:

I dinnar. :p
  • Options
    WinsomeWinsome Posts: 12,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree that Stacey was the best of the bunch, however, her personality is now seeming to get her work as a presenter, and in tv ads, so the girl has done well for herself. Joe, on the other hand, seemed to have a 'grey' personality, quite dull, IMHO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Winsome wrote: »
    I agree that Stacey was the best of the bunch, however, her personality is now seeming to get her work as a presenter, and in tv ads, so the girl has done well for herself. Joe, on the other hand, seemed to have a 'grey' personality, quite dull, IMHO.

Just to clarify - I wasn't slagging Stacey off:) I think it was that people didn't know if her personality was real or put on in X Factor. It was smart of her to do IACGMOOH because people realised she is genuine. I'm glad it's working out for her.

I don't mind Joe either, he does have a good voice, I think he just has to find his niche maybe?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Why do people insist on using geordie slang? I'm from newcastle and I certainly havn't heard anyone talk or spell like that.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to clarify - I wasn't slagging Stacey off:) I think it was that people didn't know if her personality was real or put on in X Factor. It was smart of her to do IACGMOOH because people realised she is genuine. I'm glad it's working out for her.

I don't mind Joe either, he does have a good voice, I think he just has to find his niche maybe?
    Im a Celebrity get me out of here is the best show to go on imo out of all shows.
  • Options
    CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You need to go and check the statistics. Joe did not go under the radar. He was receiving one of the highest votes from the beginning then he stormed it from week 8. The rest were all over the place. He was the only one in that year who was consistently good.

I would say that Joe was the least bland from that year. Stacey was nothing compared to Leona and Alex. Danyl and Olly Murrs got the biggest leg up being under Simon Cowell's mentorship. They certainly did not, at any stage, out do Joe vocally and on performance imo.

Get over it. Joe won that year on merit.
  • Options
    INSOMNIA56INSOMNIA56 Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    You need to go and check the statistics. Joe did not go under the radar. He was receiving one of the highest votes from the beginning then he stormed it from week 8. The rest were all over the place. He was the only one in that year who was consistently good.

I would say that Joe was the least bland from that year. Stacey was nothing compared to Leona and Alex. Danyl and Olly Murrs got the biggest leg up being under Simon Cowell's mentorship. They certainly did not, at any stage, out do Joe vocally and on performance imo.

Get over it. Joe won that year on merit.

Stacey was nothing like Leona or Alex.
    unfortunately Danni "megamentor" Minogue insisted on trying to pretend she was.

lord you've got me started again haven't you.

new judging panel!! what this show needs is a decent A&R personage
  • Options
    Forum Member
    liamgetg wrote: »
    Why do people insist on using geordie slang? I'm from newcastle and I certainly havn't heard anyone talk or spell like that.

Probably because some of them have never been to Newcastle and like looking down their nose at others because they have a different accent.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    liamgetg wrote: »

I don't think it's anything against Geordies though. It's more to do with Cole positioning herself as a 'professional Geordie'. She didn't just happen to have a Geordie accent but she made it a big part of her 'persona', and that's the reason why people pick up on it.

(I like the accent! I just don't like Cole :))
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's anything against Geordies though. It's more to do with Cole positioning herself as a 'professional Geordie'. She didn't just happen to have a Geordie accent but she made it a big part of her 'persona', and that's the reason why people pick up on it.

(I like the accent! I just don't like Cole :))

It might come as a shock but a person's accent is a big part of their persona.

Still picking on some for their accent regardless of reason is snobbery.