Options

Brothers Cider

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
Forum Member
Got a couple of music festivals coming up soon, most of my mates seem to be taking Brothers Cider and Savannah Dry , just wondering are these any good ?

Comments

• Options
    simonmooresimonmoore Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's my favourite. The toffee apple one is just like drinking pop. I quite like the bitter sweet apple one as well. I got a pack with all 7 flavours in. They were all ok to be honest
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like them. I've only had the original flavour of Brothers Cider but it was really nice. My OH loves the Toffee Apple flavour.

Savannah Dry is really good. It's the cider they serve in Nandos. That's where I first tried it and I've bought it from Sainsburys a couple of times since.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to drink Savannah Dry, which was nice, but Brothers is much too sweet and sickly for me, it's hardly like drinking cider at all. If I want flavoured cider I prefer Rekorderlig.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    simonmoore wrote: »
    It's my favourite. The toffee apple one is just like drinking pop. I quite like the bitter sweet apple one as well. I got a pack with all 7 flavours in. They were all ok to be honest
    I had a can of that the other night. Couldn't drink more than one.
    Had another topped up with vodka and we used it for shots.
    Tastes a little like corky's.

My favourite brand of cider is Henney's.
  • Options
    bikinikillbikinikill Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    For flavoured cider, you can't beat the Swedes, Rekorderlig (strawberry and lime is my favourite!) or Kopparberg (best one is probably elderflower and lime) are both delicious. Having said that, I'm a girl who likes sweet drinks, but even I can't have more than 3 in a row without feeling an uncomfortable sugar high. So I'd bring something like regular Magners to alternate with.
  • Options
    seanlbseanlb Posts: 1,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was annoyed they stopped the Lemon variety of Brothers, and then the newer flavour to replace it was Ginger. Nice and all, but obviously a nod to the Ginger Beer push last Summer. But all will be forgiven when they finally release the Rhubarb and Custard Brothers. It's exclusive at Scream pubs at the mo apparently (whatever they are) but will no doubt be on the shelves come the Summer.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't tried savannah dry but I find brothers quite sickly after afew bottles. I would recommend kopperberg or bulmers
  • Options
    wavy-davywavy-davy Posts: 7,122
    Forum Member
    Westons do a very good 3L organic cider box which you can get from Asda etc for about £5. I think they've now rebranded it Wyld Wood Cider.

The 2L keg of scrumpy is also very nice.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/#/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?Query=westons+cider&Store=ASDA
  • Options
    Southern PrideSouthern Pride Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Love the pear, strawberry and toffee apple varieties but you can only drink a couple of bottles of the toffee apple before it gets a bit sickly!
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bikinikill wrote: »
    For flavoured cider, you can't beat the Swedes, Rekorderlig (strawberry and lime is my favourite!) or Kopparberg (best one is probably elderflower and lime) are both delicious. Having said that, I'm a girl who likes sweet drinks, but even I can't have more than 3 in a row without feeling an uncomfortable sugar high. So I'd bring something like regular Magners to alternate with.

I have been into rekorderlig if late, all the flavours are pretty good.