Options

The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 25)

Comments

• Options
    MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pithywitch wrote: »
    LW was never 'enthusiastic'... he was simply looking for a quick profit. He's soooooo incredibly lazy. I feel sorry for any of his 'future acts'. #putz

With the greatest of respect to Louis, his day is past. His acts have been incredibly successful but in trying to recreate that success he's showing that he's way behind the times. Artists do things differently nowadays - use of social media, videos going viral etc.

I think the twins will do just fine. They aren't stupid and they've shown they absorb ideas like a sponge. And they have the one thing that no manager can ever have - their incredible self-belief.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently there's a not-so-nice The Sun article out there mentioning the twins break-up with Louis and how there're hundreds of not sold tickets for their shows in "modest venues".
    Of course it doesn't mention they just started promoting it now, or that the places where they're playing all have capacity for at least 1000 people, etc. But we all know The Sun style, don't we?

Have you seen the Lyrics video for Happens in the dark? Apparently Edward made it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROr85O8f6DU
  • Options
    SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I politely request that the conversation not turn to Louis bashing? I am an unashamed optimist and would rather focus on the amazing cool things coming up in the Jeds' future, rather than constantly going over the bumps of the past. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently there's a not-so-nice The Sun article out there mentioning the twins break-up with Louis and how there're hundreds of not sold tickets for their shows in "modest venues".
    Of course it doesn't mention they just started promoting it now, or that the places where they're playing all have capacity for at least 1000 people, etc. But we all know The Sun style, don't we?

Have you seen the Lyrics video for Happens in the dark? Apparently Edward made it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROr85O8f6DU

Ugh. It sounds like the article will be based on the recent radio interviews, though I'm sure there'll be an "insider" to opine on the matter with some fiction. Woteva. Louis attended the Jeds's 21st birthday and there doesn't seem to be any bad blood between them.

The lyrics video is so cool! Normally they come out before the proper video is released, but given how many Jedfans speak English as a second language, I'd say a lyric video would be especially appreciated by such fans! :)
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I politely request that the conversation not turn to Louis bashing? I am an unashamed optimist and would rather focus on the amazing cool things coming up in the Jeds' future, rather than constantly going over the bumps of the past. :D

In any event, it was Louis's idea to enter Eurosong and Caroline Downey is one of his closest personal friends so Lipstick and ESC 2011 could not have happened without him and his contacts in showbiz.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    In any event, it was Louis's idea to enter Eurosong and Caroline Downey is one of his closest personal friends so Lipstick and ESC 2011 could not have happened without him and his contacts in showbiz.
    Yeah, it's true that the twins management wasn't brilliant at times, but they've also done quite a few good things for them.

Twins are recording something for ITV's This Morning and John has his guitar! :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's true that the twins management wasn't brilliant at times, but they've also done quite a few good things for them.

Twins are recording something for ITV's This Morning and John has his guitar! :cool:

I would say the twins entering Eurosong was the key event in their career of the last three and half years, flyingcamel as it's the thing that broke them internationally.

It's possible that they might have ended up in Eurosong at some point under different management, but I suspect it would be with a weaker song and the presentation at Eurovision would be less professional.

John playing guitar on TV would be a real eye opener for the UK audience :D
  • Options
    dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was interested to see that at the beginning of the Innuendo Bingo live bit, Sara Cox was talking to John about how to arrange going on Radio 1's Live Lounge segment.

I had to look it up (not being a Radio 1 regular) and it sounds like another ideal opportunity for the boys to show off their improved vocals and John's guitar playing :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_Lounge
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Video of the Innuendo Bingo in BBC Radio1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfF92K7Pp-Y&feature=youtu.be
    It's good they got to mention the UK tour, Unfortunately the video isn't complete due to technical problems
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    I was interested to see that at the beginning of the Innuendo Bingo live bit, Sara Cox was talking to John about how to arrange going on Radio 1's Live Lounge segment.

I had to look it up (not being a Radio 1 regular) and it sounds like another ideal opportunity for the boys to show off their improved vocals and John's guitar playing :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_Lounge

That would be a great showcase for the twins, and the cover versions they already do are in a very "non-Jedward" style.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Ah the lyric video is so great, I think it's done by AE, and it's not an easy software, plus he has used many great efects, I'm pleasantly shocked by how amazing it looks!
    Tbh, as long as I love their previous MVs very much, I always think it can be better if they add some filters or slowmo to it. (HITD is great)There were several music blogers in my country said their songs are nice but the mvs look a bit of cheap :rolleyes:
    But now maybe I think we can expect a more professional looking video with Can Forget You, hehe
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mintwendy wrote: »
    Tbh, as long as I love their previous MVs very much, I always think it can be better if they add some filters or slowmo to it. (HITD is great)There were several music blogers in my country said their songs are nice but the mvs look a bit of cheap :rolleyes:
    It's funny because I've read several times on twitter and articles things like "lol the video looks like made with iMovie" well... that's because it was. I remember someone mentioning that John had gifted Edward a pro version of iMovie for his Birthday, the videos have indeed improved, but a certain software gives them some tools and maybe they needed to upgrade from there. I'm glad they're experimenting with different things.

Thanks for identifying the software, I asked a friend who is used to iMovie and she said that the video didn't look like made with that but she couldn't tell me which software that was
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I politely request that the conversation not turn to Louis bashing?

And might I also politely request that the conversation not turn to wet t-shirts?

I'm an older fan, and I feel uncomfortable when other older fans post rather creepy observations on this thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Video of the Innuendo Bingo in BBC Radio1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfF92K7Pp-Y&feature=youtu.be
    It's good they got to mention the UK tour, Unfortunately the video isn't complete due to technical problems

This is so funny! I particularly love that John's just pouring water over himself, knowing full well what happens to a white t-shirt when it gets wet. Balloontastic taught him well!

And bless them for being innocent enough that they didn't get some of the innuendos. You can't fake that with a mouth full of water! Ok, now I'm going to watch the film "Snitch". :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »

Please allow ourselves to, at least, acknowledge the past without re-writing it... yes, LW said that J&E are designed for Eurovision... but he didn't really carry through, did he? I mean, this is the best that the management could do at the time? seriously? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAXp9ydgpNc And please don't blame RTE for 'budget cuts'.

We were all, at the time, like, wtf....? This vid was SO bad that J&E had to spend their own money to publish their own vid... which is the one that comes up on every google search... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x77sOUQhZU

Guys, don't be afraid of Louis Walsh... he's nothing. I have no idea why everyone is still afraid of him. Okay... he has connections to the Irish press... but who gives a flying **** about the irrelevant Irish trash press?

J&E are well rid of this guy... this has been a long-haul, and it has now come to an end.
  • Options
    ErtanaErtana Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    The innuendo bingo was fun. I think they get more than they let on. :D

I think overall they've handled their career smartly. They are well liked by people they've worked with and seem to have parted ways with Louie in an amicable way. Very important.

Being backed by Louie and team was good for them initially and served its purpose. However, at times, it was very frustrating for us and must have been excruciating for them.
    I see that phase of their career as their college years.
    Now they have graduated with a wealth of knowledge and contacts.
    It became clear after they started travelling alone to various countries that they were in fact brilliant at networking and promoting themselves. Given their 'freedom', they can run with it. They have a modern, savvy approach and I reckon they will flourish from here on with total control. Smart boys.
  • Options
    ErtanaErtana Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Guys, don't be afraid of Louis Walsh... he's nothing. I have no idea why everyone is still afraid of him. Okay... he has connections to the Irish press... but who gives a flying **** about the irrelevant Irish trash press?

J&E are well rid of this guy... this has been a long-haul, and it has now come to an end.

Not afraid of him Pithy. I'm not a fan of his but he is not 'nothing'.

Yes, he held the boys back in many ways, but he was also instrumental in giving them the careers that they have today. Many potential stars off talent reality shows have sunk without trace. Louie fought for them early on against a huge wave of negativity. He endured a lot of ridicule for backing them but he stuck with them.

Having had a team behind them has given them a solid foundation. I'm sure it's been a huge education in the music industry and now with lessons learned, they have the knowledge to progress on a path that they choose.
    They are only 21.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it OK to say I'd like to see Louis In a wet t-shirt? #guiltypleasures
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please allow ourselves to, at least, acknowledge the past without re-writing it... yes, LW said that J&E are designed for Eurovision... but he didn't really carry through, did he? I mean, this is the best that the management could do at the time? seriously? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAXp9ydgpNc And please don't blame RTE for 'budget cuts'.

We were all, at the time, like, wtf....? This vid was SO bad that J&E had to spend their own money to publish their own vid... which is the one that comes up on every google search... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x77sOUQhZU

I think had Jedward gone into Eurosong at some point under different management, it would have been a half hearted effort and quite unprofessional overall. They probably would have been lumbered with a song similar to Waterline and the visual presentation at ESC would not have been good.

From what I can recall, it was Louis who first knew Lipstick's songwriting team and who put them in touch with the twins. Also, Caroline Downey was an instrumental part in Lipstick's success. She paid for the video graphics on stage in Dusseldorf and I imagine the only reason she got involved with Eurovision was as a favour to her close friend Louis.

Jedward's international breakthrough reminds me of Johnny Logan's.....both times Louis used Eurovision as a springboard to launch his artist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, judging by the Sun article published today... someone has gotten their feelings hurt and is lashing out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, judging by the Sun article published today... someone has gotten their feelings hurt and is lashing out.

But there is nothing original at all in that article - why do you think it has come from anyone other than the journalist herself?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the moment they say that their second album flopped is when the article loses all credibility (if it had something). It's true that Victory charted at #34 instead of Planet Jedward's #17 in the UK, but in Ireland they both got to be in the #1 two weeks in a row. Victory and the European version of PJ charted in quite a few places of Europe, and Young Love improved those chartings one year later. Young Love even having less sales overall than the other two albums, also got those 2 #1 in Ireland and it beat the record of more album solds in a first week IIRC.

I've not read more of the article, but if the rest of the research has the same quality, it will be totally inaccurate and partial.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But there is nothing original at all in that article - why do you think it has come from anyone other than the journalist herself?

Well... I don't think the 'journalist' just woke up yesterday and decided on her own to write a slam piece on J&E... so, yeah, I think she has been paid handsomely for this 'article'.

If LW isn't responsible for this, then he needs to contact her immediately and get things sorted. This article makes him look like he's bitter and is hiding behind the press to lash out at J&E.

Edit: Her last article was about snakes, for goodness' sake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well... I don't think the 'journalist' just woke up yesterday and decided on her own to write a slam piece on J&E... so, yeah, I think she has been paid handsomely for this 'article'.

If LW isn't responsible for this, then he needs to contact her immediately and get things sorted. This article makes him look like he's bitter and is hiding behind the press to lash out at J&E.

I don't know - maybe, or maybe she just picked up on some of the other articles mentioning the split with Louis, which were in turn triggered by the boys mentioning it in one of the radio interviews. Why would Louis be annoyed by that, when they made a point of saying they were still friends?

I've no idea how these things work - for example would I be able to pay the Sun to write a nice article about J&E if I had enough money?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've no idea how these things work - for example would I be able to pay the Sun to write a nice article about J&E if I had enough money?

Yes, you would, they're called Puff pieces and PR firms do them all the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puffery
This discussion has been closed.