Options

Celebrity parents should be punished for such irresponsible naming of their children

PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
Forum Member
✭✭
It is completely ridiculous and irresponsible of most of those celebrity parents to give their children such appalling names, leaving those children open to such ridicule and abuse from others .

I feel so sorry for the daughter of that idiotic, airhead Kim Kardashian to be saddled with a name like North West . It seems these dimwits of parents are unable to foresee how such stupid names leave their children open to so much ridicule .

Comments

• Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Paace wrote: »
    It is completely ridiculous and irresponsible of most of those celebrity parents to give their children such appalling names, leaving those children open to such ridicule and abuse from others .

I feel so sorry for the daughter of that idiotic, airhead Kim Kardashian to be saddled with a name like North West . It seems these dimwits of parents are unable to foresee how such stupid names leave their children open to so much ridicule .

I agree but on the other hand the schools they will go to stupid names will be the norm.

Who cares if your name is North West when the kid next to you is Starchild Rainbow and the kid in front is Bunny Hopalong.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Kim and Kanye's defence (I never thought I'd write that), I think they call their daughter Nori. I know her real name is a bit daft, but she'll probably go by her nickname.

It's all a matter of opinion. I've heard people refer to pretty normal names as ridiculous or weird.
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not keen on the names but they are hardly offensive?

Non celebrities give their kids wacky names and I doubt they will be punished.
  • Options
    TaintedmeatTaintedmeat Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That one from busted called his 'buzz'

Ridiculous lost for words
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That one from busted called his 'buzz'

Ridiculous lost for words

Second man to walk on the moon, Toy Story legend?

Why ridiculous? :cool:
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Celebrity parents should be punished for such irresponsible naming of their children

Who would do the punishing and who would sit in judgement? :o

Do thread starters ever think about what they are saying? :confused::confused:
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Julia Bradbury has named her kids Zephyr Xanthe and Zena which i like very much
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its fine if the kids go into shobiz too, but if they have a more 'serious' career I do wonder.
    e.g. Jamie Oliver's son Buddy Bear - can't see him being taken too seriously in Banking or the legal profession somehow;-)
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some celebrity baby names crack me up.

Some of my favourite are

Moxie Crime Fighter (Pen Jilette).
    Pilot Inspektor (Jason Lee)
    Audio Science (Shannyn Sossamon)
    Sage Moonblood (Sylvester Stallone)
    Speck Wildhourse (John Mellencamp)
    Mars Merkaba (Erika Badu)
    Diva Thin Muffin (Frank Zappa)
    Dweezle (Frank Zappa)
    Moon Unit (Frank Zappa)

They make West look positively normal.
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who would do the punishing and who would sit in judgement? :o

Do thread starters ever think about what they are saying? :confused::confused:

They should be charged by Social Services for irresponsible parenting for leaving their child open to abuse and ridicule with such a ridiculous name . Make no mistake about it that child is going to be mocked and laughed at with a name like North West .

Its about time these idiotic parents were made to realise that naming a child is a very important decision and not to be taken lightly because its the child who will suffer for their irresponsibility .
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    They should be charged by Social Services for irresponsible parenting for leaving their child open to abuse and ridicule with such a ridiculous name . Make no mistake about it that child is going to be mocked and laughed at with a name like North West .

Its about time these idiotic parents were made to realise that naming a child is a very important decision and not to be taken lightly because its the child who will suffer for their irresponsibility .

I can honestly say, if North West is going to mocked and bullied for anything, her name is the least of her worries. Her mother's sex tape and her father's arrogant outbursts spring to mind far before a name (which isn't even that ridiculous by celeb standards).

I very much doubt celeb kids have much hassle about their names, anyway. I imagine most celeb kids are quite popular at school, given the sort of money and opportunities they have. I think you're overreacting just a tad.
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trouble with 'celebrities' giving their kids stupid names is that it filters down to normal people giving their kids equally - or even more - stupid names.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whedonite wrote: »
    In Kim and Kanye's defence (I never thought I'd write that), I think they call their daughter Nori.

I don't see why they didn't just call her Nori rather than North.
    Mrs Checks wrote: »
    I
    I very much doubt celeb kids have much hassle about their names, anyway. I imagine most celeb kids are quite popular at school, given the sort of money and opportunities they have.

Yep, they probably don't resent their parents giving them a daft name when they get to live a life of luxury!
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it an ego thing?
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Lyceum wrote: »
    Some celebrity baby names crack me up.

Some of my favourite are

Moxie Crime Fighter (Pen Jilette).
    Pilot Inspektor (Jason Lee)
    Audio Science (Shannyn Sossamon)
    Sage Moonblood (Sylvester Stallone)
    Speck Wildhourse (John Mellencamp)
    Mars Merkaba (Erika Badu)
    Diva Thin Muffin (Frank Zappa)
    Dweezle (Frank Zappa)
    Moon Unit (Frank Zappa)

They make West look positively normal.

I confess I love that name, if it was mine I'd insist on wearing a cape at all times and often adopt a noble pose whilst staring into the distance with a heroic, but with a hint of past sadness, look on my face :blush:
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

:o:o:o

Social services really? Surely the bullies are to blame not the child who is victimised
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I don't see why they didn't just call her Nori rather than North.

Yep, they probably don't resent their parents giving them a daft name when they get to live a life of luxury!

To be honest. Calling her Nori is no better than North anyway.

Who names their child after seaweed?
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    Its fine if the kids go into shobiz too, but if they have a more 'serious' career I do wonder.
    e.g. Jamie Oliver's son Buddy Bear - can't see him being taken too seriously in Banking or the legal profession somehow;-)

Buddy Bear - really??
    Buddy I can live with it but not the Bear part.
    Wonder if he had this sang at him
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXGL9NEbqXA :D
  • Options
    MichellerlzMichellerlz Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not just celebrities, Iv known a fair few supposedly normal people call their kids stupid names, and to think I used to moan about my name to my parents when I was a kid, I'm glad they didn't call me Apple instead. :D
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about parents teach their kids not to bully instead? I'm sure that there will be children of different cultures across the globe who attend school with non-conventional /non Christian names.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Absolutely. This should be a high priority in an already overstretched and underfunded social services system. In fact, forget cases of extreme physical abuse and neglect, let's devote time, effort and money to charging parents with irresponsible parenting for giving their children stupid names.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who in social services would make such a decision? :confused:
    Would social services take the parents to court? :confused:
    Does such an offence merit a custodial sentence? :confused:

I'll await your reply with interest.:)
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I confess I love that name, if it was mine I'd insist on wearing a cape at all times and often adopt a noble pose whilst staring into the distance with a heroic, but with a hint of past sadness, look on my face :blush:

:D:D:D
  • Options
    MichellerlzMichellerlz Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about parents teach their kids not to bully instead? I'm sure that there will be children of different cultures across the globe who attend school with non-conventional /non Christian names.

It's not just kids though, what about when they are older and look for jobs. Who is going to look at their cv and take them seriously ? It is discrimination but it does happen.
    Maybe a celebrity child would be able to get away with it, but not in the real world.
    Parents should look to the future when they decide their baby's name, they are making an important decision which the child has got to live with.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Giving children daft names has been going on for centuries it's not a new phenomenon.

Check out this book if you want a giggle:
    Potty, Fartwell and Knob: From Luke Warm to Minty Badger - Extraordinary But True Names of British People by Ash, Russell 2008 edition (2008)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00C6P771W/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d8_i4?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_r=15ATPAG2SMKWJC3GDP48&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455345507&pf_rd_i=468294