Options

Samsung galaxy S5 v A3

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
Forum Member
Hi all,
I'm due to upgrade my phone in the next week or so. I never go for top of the range phones but prefer samsung and android. Currently got an S3 and am thinking of upgrading to either the S5 or the A3. I'm just wondering which phone people would go for on here?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Options
    lightspeed2398lightspeed2398 Posts: 2,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would get the S5 for a couple of reasons.

1) It was flagship level hardware - It's got a much better screen and camera.
    2) It's more likely to get software updates from Samsung than the A3 at a reasonable pace.

The A3 isn't the worst phone in the world, but for it's specs and price point I think something like the Oneplus One (soon to be replaced as well) or the Moto G 2nd Generation are better.
  • Options
    ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're just considering Samsungs, would throw in the Galaxy Alpha into the mix. Has the premium feel of the A3, but with much better specs (screen, processor, camera) and a lot of the other software features of the S5. Plus, it still has a removable battery.
  • Options
    finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Alpha is discontinued and the op may struggle to puck one up.
  • Options
    ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plenty going on Amazon, SIM free. Pretty sure I saw the Alpha advertised by one of the major networks, for c£26 pm.
  • Options
    daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vodafone still sell the aloha too I believe