DTC's reign - a complete flop

PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
Forum Member
It's been 90% shambles with 10% glimmer of potential. He picked up a real mess, but there's been very, very little improvement.

Bring back Santer. Now.

Comments

• eastboy1980eastboy1980 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your hilarious!
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A day on DS wouldnt be the same without people trying to troll
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    Jesus Christ here we go again 😐😐😐
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    A day on DS wouldnt be the same without people trying to troll

So that's what you call people who don't have the same opinion as you...
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    So that's what you call people who don't have the same opinion as you...

The OP has already made one thread saying how much they hate EE - it was earlier today. I don't see why they started another one on the same subject on the same day.
  • eastendersboieastendersboi Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been 90% shambles with 10% glimmer of potential. He picked up a real mess, but there's been very, very little improvement.

Bring back Santer. Now.

And 90% of the public would disagree with you
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member

i very much doubt that, dont you?
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has definitely been a flop and inconsistent. A lot of users on here have enjoyed his reign overall (Which is fine). However, a lot of people I know, and people on social media, etc... Haven't noticed a difference at all, and if anything a lot of my mates have stopped watching the show, under him. I do think sometimes that a lot of users on here wouldn't say his era was so great if he wasn't as passionate as he way (That's just my opinion, and I hope that doesn't offend anyone). The guy has done some great things with the show, but EastEnders has the potential to be so much more better. Santer was better on every level IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They wouldn't...

A) 95% of the audience probably don't even have a clue who DTC is.

B) The show is hardly firing on all cylinders ATM, and although the show has improved since Kirkwood/Newman, it's not that clear...

C) A lot of people I know and people on social media have been saying how boring the show is lately.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    The OP has already made one thread saying how much they hate EE - it was earlier today. I don't see why they started another one on the same subject on the same day.

Tbf it's not exactly the same subject. One was about the Executive Producer, the other about a Kat Slater storyline. Maybe they're trying to get a different point across?
  • CalpowellCalpowell Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    We have only just had the anniversary!!! Things are bound to slow down a little, I'm sure there will be more to come in the summer!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    They wouldn't...

A) 95% of the audience probably don't even have a clue who DTC is.

B) The show is hardly firing on all cylinders ATM, and although the show has improved since Kirkwood/Newman, it's not that clear...

C) A lot of people I know and people on social media have been saying how boring the show is lately.

This I agree. Social media is much worse when it comes to eastenders. In twitter it always getting slated of how boring it is and the worst eastenders has been.
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Please not Santer, the most overrated Executive Producer of EE ever
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    Please not Santer, the most overrated Executive Producer of EE ever

He was far better than DTC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This I agree. Social media is much worse when it comes to eastenders. In twitter it always getting slated of how boring it is and the worst eastenders has been.

Exactly. This is also the lowest their viewing figures have ever been on a continuous basis.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calpowell wrote: »
    We have only just had the anniversary!!! Things are bound to slow down a little, I'm sure there will be more to come in the summer!!

Only just???

The anniversary was almost 3 months ago now, that excuse is valid for about a month and tbh it shouldn't even be an excuse at all. 'Because we've had a big week, we'll shut down for ages, we don't care about entertaining the audience'. Corrie and Emmerdale didn't stop producing gripping drama after their 50th & 40th anniversaries, so why should EastEnders be excused?:p.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly. This is also the lowest their viewing figures have ever been on a continuous basis.

The viewing figures have fallen off a cliff since the live week
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »

Which is a shame, as the show did very well after the anniversary, but clearly viewers soon got very bored. If they'd have kept the ball going and had lots of little, but gripping storylines running after, ready to explode later in the year, I can garantuee they'd of stayed ahead of Corrie and would probably be well over 1 million from what they are now.
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    No. No it's not.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For people moaning about viewing figures all TV are not getting high ratings (except BGT) right now
  • PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    Your hilarious!

It's "you're". Thank you though.
  • PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    Andybear wrote: »

Luckily, it's absolutely none of your business. For the record, I have watched and enjoyed EE for many years, but I think it's really bad just now.

Is that ok? Am I allowed to express that?
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »

The problem is that Eastenders is rather slow paced now. You only get good episodes like the live ep and last nights episode every few months or so. Even though I think Hollyoaks is far fetched and ridiculous most of the time at least it's really fast paced and if you miss just one episode you struggle to keep up. Eastenders should be more like that.
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    He was far better than DTC.

Dtc's time on EE hasn't finished
  • TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    The problem is that Eastenders is rather slow paced now. You only get good episodes like the live ep and last nights episode every few months or so. Even though I think Hollyoaks is far fetched and ridiculous most of the time at least it's really fast paced and if you miss just one episode you struggle to keep up. Eastenders should be more like that.

No. It really shouldn't.