Were you born during a major world event?

124»

Comments

• smoothieahoysmoothieahoy Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    David Tennant was born on the same day as me and he was a pretty awesome Dr Who.
    Damn right, and I couldn't agree with you any more on that opinion on him being "pretty awesome"! :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a major world event, but a major political event.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was born during a German air raid on London with bombs falling all around and a German plane crashing nearby, but I can't remember a thing about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    I was born during a German air raid on London with bombs falling all around and a German plane crashing nearby, but I can't remember a thing about it.

Your poor mum! She must have been so terrified. Glad you both survived to tell the tale.
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Old thread is old.
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not much happened in the month I was born but the day after I was born the UK broke off diplomatic relations with Syria (according to Wikipedia) which is quite relevant!
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was born during the England-West Germany World Cup Semifinal during Italia 90. But I doubt that counts.

(However, I've got a friend that was born on the day the Berlin Wall came tumbling down.)
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    I was born on the day of The Sun's famous "Paddy Pantsdown" headline
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    I was born on Angam Day, a national holiday in the Republic of Nauru, an island country in Micronesia.

Chuffed :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conceived during The Summer of Love. Born during Vietnam.

Been confused ever since.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »

Wow. How freaked out must your Mum have been? Glad you both came through it, and that you are here to tell us about your start in life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazzaroo wrote: »
    I was born on Angam Day, a national holiday in the Republic of Nauru, an island country in Micronesia.

Chuffed :D

I nominate you as the coolest post on this thread lol
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    WoodenCat wrote: »
    I nominate you as the coolest post on this thread lol

It actually looks like a really cool place, the Presidents name is Baron Waqa, he sounds like a jolly chap! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,639
    Forum Member
    Not sure if I was born during one, but I was born a couple of weeks before the 1984 miner's strike started, in a mining town.