Options

Carla Romano

skinrayskinray Posts: 914
Forum Member
✭✭
I am surprised that there haven't been any comments about this idiots major cock up this week. Commenting on the sad news that Paul Newman is said to be suffering from lung cancer she then went on to say that he had been married to Natalie Wood for 50 years. Anyone who knows anything about one of the greatest stars of the past half century knows that he is married to Joanne Woodward. Plus, Natalie died 27 years ago in a tragic drowning accident. I guess Romano is only really comfortable commenting on zcelebs like Brittany and Paris Hilton. :mad:

Comments

• Options
    sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carlos Romano cocked up big time - she should be ashamed of herself.

:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sheddy99 wrote: »

I missed that, but then the silly cow deserves
    a thread all to herself to highlight her regular inadequacies! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    pierre_gustavepierre_gustave Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skinray wrote: »

I don't agree.
    She made a mistake like we all do at work.
    hardly a big crime.:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't agree.

As I said previously, she is more comfortable commenting on zcelebs, and saying that he is married to a lady who has been dead for 27 years IS a crime in my book. :mad:
  • Options
    pierre_gustavepierre_gustave Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps you should call the police then?
    I am sure they would do their best to ensure she is prosecuted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps you should call the police then?
    I am sure they would do their best to ensure she is prosecuted.

If more viewers complained then there would be less of these amateurs on our TV. The woman is supposed to be the official Hollywood Reporter, she hasn't got a clue, unless discussing her favourite chav "celebrities".
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carlos is utterly clueless.

They probably thought that shipping her off to LA would limit her screen time, thus less chance of making ridiculous errors, but this latest faux pas proves otherwise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't agree.

I don't think you need to be a "showbiz expert" to know that Natalie Wood has never been married to Paul Newman - and more crucially, has been dead for 27 years!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Rarely watch GMTV nowadays, but all those "Hollywood" correspondents are so amateur...

Have there been any other major mistakes made by them? I could do with a laugh!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    Urgh, I can't stand that woman. For someone who speaks on national TV every day, she has a horrible voice. Sounds like she smokes 50 a day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you expect, we talking about a GMTV 'presenter' here.
  • Options
    JonJonBJonJonB Posts: 2,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You missed that already, too. Really, though, the only appropriate punishment for something of this magnitude is an old fasioned public hanging. Anything less than death is too soft for a crime like this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't agree.

Hardly a crime I agree but Carlos has been presenting GMTVs Hollywood segment for a long time and she is always making mistakes, it is just that this one was a major cock up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have there been any other major mistakes made by them? I could do with a laugh!

The whole programme could be considered a mistake!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JonJonB wrote: »
    You missed that already, too. Really, though, the only appropriate punishment for something of this magnitude is an old fasioned public hanging. Anything less than death is too soft for a crime like this.

If that is meant to be sarcastic, you are missing the point. Or maybe you are quite happy with the fifth rate so called "experts" cluttering up GMTV and other programmes. She is paid to do a job, and anyone who is supposed to be a professional should at least have some knowledge about what they are reporting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it isn't a heinous crime - but Carla Romano is paid to fulfil a job criteria.

That means doing at least some research on the subject matter, particularly as she is seemingly incapable of getting even the basic facts correct.
  • Options
    Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    Not forgetting Carla used to be a news reporter. I even remember her when she was at BBC Scotland.
  • Options
    OrthiconOrthicon Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not forgetting Carla used to be a news reporter. I even remember her when she was at BBC Scotland.

Yep, me too. Strange woman. Always looked down her nose at operational staff.
  • Options
    jde-tvjde-tv Posts: 4,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does anyone remmeber a couple or years ago when she shouted at the guy from the 'tonight show' live at the oscars i think?

it was really funny, and the next day she was a guest on the show :P
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that is meant to be sarcastic, you are missing the point. Or maybe you are quite happy with the fifth rate so called "experts" cluttering up GMTV and other programmes. She is paid to do a job, and anyone who is supposed to be a professional should at least have some knowledge about what they are reporting.

Fiona Phillips is the main anchorwoman, remember this is GMTV we're on about ;)
  • Options
    Connie BeachampConnie Beachamp Posts: 1,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orthicon wrote: »
    Yep, me too. Strange woman. Always looked down her nose at operational staff.

and boy is that one big man nose, carlos the man is a truly awful presenter