Shirley and Buster

PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
Forum Member
Do they do any kind of work? It seems they spend all day every day exploring their dramas over and over and over again.

It's so self indulgent and whiny.

And, custody of a sick child? These 2? On what planet?

It's just so effing lazy on the part of the makers of this programme.

Comments

• abbottababbottab Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both don't work. Shirl 'helps out' at the salon, but that's probably **** and booze supplement money. They are both 'crashing' at the truemans.

And hey, they are going for custody of jade!
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Do you create an 'anti Shirley' thread everyday? Lol.

I assume Buster is doing something dodgy for money.

Shirley still has the 10k from Phil and Stan's 5k. And she is working at Blades.

We rarely see any characters work to be honest, do we? I mean where does Charlie work? How do Stacey, Kush, Martin ect...survive on what they get from the market? Denise isn't working either, or Vincent.

Denise has said that Shirley, Buster and Dean are paying rent.

Plus although they applying for access, doesn't mean they will necessarily get it.
  • PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    Ell_Ren wrote: »

Shirley still has the 10k from Phil and Stan's 5k. And she is working at Blades.

We rarely see any characters work to be honest, do we? I mean where does Charlie work? How do Stacey, Kush, Martin ect...survive on what they get from the market? Denise isn't working either, or Vincent.

The woman rolls around in the bins for goodness sake!!! :D

And she's a seriously antisocial vodka stained mess. Her behaviour for a grown adult by any standard is SHOCKING. Walking in and hassling her son at his work and pulling the plug of the shoe drier out? And last week she punched a woman for no reason.

She is beyond loathsome.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley can always stand on a street corner for work :)
    Forum Member

And she's a seriously antisocial vodka stained mess. Her behaviour for a grown adult by any standard is SHOCKING. Walking in and hassling her son at his work and pulling the plug of the shoe drier out? And last week she punched a woman for no reason.

She is beyond loathsome.

She apologized to Carol, and Shirley isn't the first character to punch another. Is pulling the plug out of the socket to get Dean's attention and asking Paul to take over, really worth getting het up about? I'm not sure how that is relevant in terms of reply to my previous post though?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She is beyond loathsome.

That was uncalled for...

It's not only the bins shes rolled in. She's known to have been slumped up the alley a few times and laying face down in a skip caked in her own sick :D
  • PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    She apologized to Carol, and Shirley isn't the first character to punch another. Is pulling the plug out of the socket to get Dean's attention and asking Paul to take over, really worth getting het up about? I'm not sure how that is relevant in terms of reply to my previous post though?
    The thing that annoys me is that nobody, nobody behaves like this in real life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member

Plus although they applying for access, doesn't mean they will necessarily get it.
    I'm pretty sure Charlie works for Phil
    Forum Member
    unitedan wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Charlie works for Phil

Ah yes! I forgot about that. Still, we rarely see him work, but it doesn't mean he doesn't, if you see what I mean?
    Forum Member
    The thing that annoys me is that nobody, nobody behaves like this in real life.

But this isn't real life and most characters in soaps are exaggerated versions of real life personalities anyway. :)
  • Peg ODwyerPeg ODwyer Posts: 42,874
    Forum Member
    are they old enough to be getting the pension?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't work in the launderette, the pub, the undertakers, the shop or beales businesses then you are just about jobless.
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did Mick and Linda end up buying out Shirley's share of the Vic? I totally forgot that plot.

I imagine Dean has been paying some amount to Denise and Kim through the Blades money. They were in mortgage arrears though it appears that Vincent now part owning The Albert (and other dodgy dealings) has magically alleviated their financial situation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    If the characters in EE acted like real life people the show would be boring and would not have lasted 30 years
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buster has grown on me.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She is beyond loathsome.

But she's not a murderer or a rapist so she's still morally superior to the majority of residents in the square :D
    Forum Member
    haphash wrote: »
    But she's not a murderer or a rapist so she's still morally superior to the majority of residents in the square :D

Very true. :D:D;)
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Peg ODwyer wrote: »
    are they old enough to be getting the pension?

Rofl :D

Shirley doesn't need to work as she's a kept woman. Phil just empties his safe every time she comes knocking :kitty:
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    haphash wrote: »

True she's only got away with attempted murder.
    Forum Member
    Rofl :D

Shirley doesn't need to work as she's a kept woman. Phil just empties his safe every time she comes knocking :kitty:

You have to laugh at how Phil always just gives Shirley money. And it always seems to be 10k.:D Did we ever find out what she knew about Good Friday for Phil to give her the money?