Grrrrr possible tv mistake!!

Joolz1975Joolz1975 Posts: 1,647
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Been looking for a tv for my daughters bedroom for her birthday as she has a 19" one at the moment but her bedroom is quite big so it looks tiny!!

Decided on a 32" one and found a bush 3d one on offer in argos with half price 3d blueray player (£349 for both) in haste ive ordered it and now wondering if i would have been better spending a similar amount on a better quality tv!!

It is only for her bedroom and she loves 3d films and i thought it would be nice when she has friends to sleep to watch 3d films!

I will have a good look at it when it arrives and might end up sending it back!

Wish id just ordered a non 3d one now of better quality!!

Comments

• Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,453
    Forum Member
    If she loves 3D films then perhaps it's not a bad buy? - it's certainly cheap enough.

Don't forget, 3D films are HD, and even on a cheap set HD looks damn good :D It's more the SD pictures that tend to suffer on cheaper sets.
  • Joolz1975Joolz1975 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she loves 3D films then perhaps it's not a bad buy? - it's certainly cheap enough.

Don't forget, 3D films are HD, and even on a cheap set HD looks damn good :D It's more the SD pictures that tend to suffer on cheaper sets.

We have an active 3d tv downstairs but i hate wearing the glasses as they flicker and give me headache so i wont have 3d films on down here so thought one in her room would be ideal as she has quite a collection of 3d films now.

It comes with 4 pairs of passive glasses too so i thought it was an ok deal!! Will have a proper look at it tommorow and make a decision.

We originally said we were only going to spend £200 max but got a little carried away as it seemed such a bargain!! She wont be getting any other presents thats for sure!!
    Forum Member
    Joolz1975 wrote: »
    We originally said we were only going to spend £200 max but got a little carried away as it seemed such a bargain!! She wont be getting any other presents thats for sure!!

How old is she? - it's a pretty good present :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How old is she? - it's a pretty good present :)

Shes 7 in July but spoiling her this year as me and her dad have just seperated so im wanting to make it really special for her, hes taking her away for a couple of days before her birthday so redecorating all her room as a surprise for her and thought a tv was better than spending money on bits of toys that cost a bomb and dont last long!!

My parents and my husbands parents are putting money towards also though so she wont be getting anything else off anyone.

Hopefully it will last her years!
    Forum Member
    Joolz1975 wrote: »
    Shes 7 in July but spoiling her this year as me and her dad have just seperated so im wanting to make it really special for her, hes taking her away for a couple of days before her birthday so redecorating all her room as a surprise for her and thought a tv was better than spending money on bits of toys that cost a bomb and dont last long!!

She's a lucky girl! :D
  • 1saintly1saintly Posts: 4,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on, whos going to be watching this tv.:rolleyes:
    Not you a 7yr old girl and mates who love 3d :)

And yet youre wishing you had got a none 3d one, hmm i wonder which one she would prefer :D i dont think she will be sat there watching it and saying hmmm i wish those blacks were a bit deeper etc :D
  • Paul M CPaul M C Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1saintly wrote: »
    Hang on, whos going to be watching this tv.:rolleyes:
    Not you a 7yr old girl and mates who love 3d :)

And yet youre wishing you had got a none 3d one, hmm i wonder which one she would prefer :D i dont think she will be sat there watching it and saying hmmm i wish those blacks were a bit deeper etc :D

;) That made me laugh! :D

Quite true though. I am considering getting my two lads (aged 5 and 9) a flatscreen LCD small-ish set for the bedroom.

I am a bit of a TV geek (spend hours and hours reviewing sets before I buy them and I know just about all the faults and quirks of each model of each manufacturer well before I purchase! Sad I know!)

However, my sons just don't have the same critical eye as me and to be honest, I would never ever consider getting anything "that decent" for their bedroom - simply because whilst they would appreciate a TV, they're not gonna be studying the panel for clouding/banding/DSE etc like I would!!!!!!

So cheap and cheerful is my motto for a kids bedroom TV!!!
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A seven year is not going to care if its HD or 3D or SD or even VHS. Peppa pig looks the same on any of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c4rv wrote: »
    A seven year is not going to care if its HD or 3D or SD or even VHS. Peppa pig looks the same on any of them.

What about Justin Bieber??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh i agree its probably too expensive for a kids room but i saw the half price sticker and got carried away lol.

Im thinking it will last her well into been a teenagers fingers crossed and if id gone for a small one would have regretted it. I do lay in bed with her a lot and watch films so i will get some use out of it.

Also as me and her dad have seperated if i end up moving out of our home it may end up been our main tv so im going to stop worrying about it.

Shes a good kid and would rather her get one decent present that she can get use out of than loads of toys.