Options

Bring back Tanya Branning

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always liked Tanya but I cannot say I've missed her since she's been away. The character was exhausted when she left having featured too heavily for too long, she needs to be rested for a bit longer IMO before returning. If she was to return a reunion with Max would be inevitable. I wouldn't mind them getting re-married if they were to stay together but the constant make ups and break ups no thanks.

Zainab needs to return ASAP however the Masoods are a mess without her. I'd be all for Masood and Zainab re-marrying.
  • Options
    cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't want Tanya back, I cant see her living there without being with Max and I really cant sit through another reconciliation with those two, if they couldn't make it work after Tanya's cancer then they will never work and it is pointless just going around in circles, I would rather other characters had the screen time.

I do agree about Zainab, it was such a shame the actress left, I cant imagine that family continuing to muddle on without Zainab taking charge and steering them all in the right direction :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    as long as she buries Max again, and leaves him there Lol
  • Options
    puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way, please dont bring her back. It's taken a year just to tone down Max and the Branning show and now Abi is spoiling it all by going all Darth Abi on us. We've seen how bad they are for each other and the kids are messed up big time, and Max can't help cheating and to top it all off Stacey is back.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    A Zainab return is needed much more than a Tanya one which Id argue isnt a priority at all.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am sure she will be back when the actress is ready
  • Options
    HavingALaughHavingALaugh Posts: 442
    Forum Member
    I want Tanya back too, also Zainab
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I despised Tanya, and I grew so tired of the on/off relationship with her scumbag ex husband. She really was a dreadful character - snobby, hypocritical, judgemental - and the Max/Tanya tedium was one of the worst features of the endless Branningdom we endured between 2010-13. Her character revolved totally around Max because she was never developed in her own right; really she should have left the show many years before she actually did.

The cancer storyline in 2011 was so bad it was actually insulting. It was genuinely offensive that they gave Tanya cancer as a means of generating sympathy for her, hoping the audience would simply forget she had behaved like a total bitch for the previous year.

I'd only like to see her return if it involved her getting hit by a bus.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel Tanya's return at this stage would be detrimental to her family. Tanya consistently excluded Max from parenting their children and undermined all his efforts at discipline. Now that she's gone Max is being an active parent for the first time since his arrival and managing well. He is closer to his daughters. Lauren and Abi are becoming characters with their own storylines instead of just reacting to Manya dramas. Tanya's return at this point would undo all the slow but steady progress they've made. I liked Jo and hope she returns one day but not until Max has a new partner and Lauren and Abi have moved out of home. Otherwise Max and Tanya will revert to type and Lauren and Abi will be emotional hostages again.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love Zainab back too!!!