Got a job interview for Sainsbury :)

124»

Comments

• November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Best wishes Lily Rose, I hope it goes well for you. :)
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    queenshaks wrote: »
    Good luck Lily, hope it goes well.

My husband was made redundant about 5/6 months ago and life has been unbearable.

He went for an interview on Monday and he's been asked for 2nd interview on the 17th.

So any prayers going towards Lily's way, can we have some please? :)

Good luck goes out from me! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I think it went okay! It was as you guys said - watched a DVD and answered questions relating to what was on it, plus a simple maths test.

Hopefully I came across well. I tried not to over sell myself but I think I was quite conifdent.

I'll find out early next week what happens next. If I get through, I'll have to attend a two-day induction and then I'll be doing a work placement for however many weeks.

Thanks for all the support in this thread. It made me feel much more confident than I probably otherwise would have. :)
  • Constant PMTConstant PMT Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good stuff. Let us know the outcome x
  • tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    Yes despite what county court might think Sainsbury's is a good company to work for, they look after the staff very well and the staff have a good sense of community.
  • tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    blah blah
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't get the job, sadly, and I'm not too surprised. I think my lack of interview experience means I'm a bit crap with the tests/forms. Anyway, the guys at New Deal said they'll go over the form with me when they get it back from Sainsbury's so hopefully they might teach me how to do better for next time.

Sigh. Onwards and upwards.
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lily Rose wrote: »
    Didn't get the job, sadly, and I'm not too surprised. I think my lack of interview experience means I'm a bit crap with the tests/forms. Anyway, the guys at New Deal said they'll go over the form with me when they get it back from Sainsbury's so hopefully they might teach me how to do better for next time.

Never mind Lily, at least you had the interview experience which you can learn from for next time. Try not to get too disheartened.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least you get to see what you did wrong maybe, I like that idea.
  • Lickerty SplitLickerty Split Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Yeah and it gives you a chance to poo-poo the doubters. Hope you find someat soon, petal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cjw wrote: »
    At least you get to see what you did wrong maybe, I like that idea.

Yeah - I'm hoping they will give me some tips for next time.

So it's not all bad. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah and it gives you a chance to poo-poo the doubters. Hope you find someat soon, petal.

Thanks, love. Me too! I'm hoping for somewhere smaller, ideally. I think a massive place like Sainsbury's might be a bit much anyway considering my background and health.
  • Lickerty SplitLickerty Split Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Thanks, love. Me too! I'm hoping for somewhere smaller, ideally. I think a massive place like Sainsbury's might be a bit much anyway considering my background and health.

sorry i meant to say silence (the doubters). Must be this infinity i have with crap
  • Duke of EarlDuke of Earl Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bad luck, but now you have a little more interview experience, and will learn from the feedback.

Best wishes for the next one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the Sainsbury's thing didn't happen in the end but I just found out I've been accepted on a four week workplacement at Wilkinsons after having an interview there on Wednesday, and I'll be due to start in the New Year. I'm really happy because even though there isn't an actual job at the end of it, it's still something to go on my CV and should hopefully show I'm motivated and reliable. It's better than contuning to sit at home with nothing in sight, at any rate. :)
  • emnatemnat Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the Sainsbury's thing didn't happen in the end but I just found out I've been accepted on a four week workplacement at Wilkinsons after having an interview there on Wednesday, and I'll be due to start in the New Year. I'm really happy because even though there isn't an actual job at the end of it, it's still something to go on my CV and should hopefully show I'm motivated and reliable. It's better than contuning to sit at home with nothing in sight, at any rate. :)

That's great news, good for you! :)
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You never know, it could lead to a job, I started at Sainsburys on a 4 week placement thing and still there after 5 years.

Well done and good luck
  • PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Lily :)
  • katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congrats Lily! That's brilliant news.
  • Duke of EarlDuke of Earl Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well done, hope it goes well, and leads to something else. You are absolutely right about it being good for your CV, showing you're motivated and reliable, and being better than sitting at home with nothing in sight.

Best wishes.