RIP Carmine Infantino

ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,001
Forum Member
✭✭
Comics legend whose remarkable revival of The Flash is one of my earliest memories. It kicked off the modern comic book revival and is still a landmark in drawing.
He also co-created Deadman and designed the covers so brilliantly rendered by Neal Adams. They were so successful and made him so in demand that they prevented him from working on the strips themselves.

Comments

• GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shame. A real pioneer of the DC Silver Age. I always enjoyed his work on Adam Strange.
  • grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He also did the early Marvel Star Wars comics - now available online in nice fat anthologies from the Dark Horse website.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He gets a lot of the credit for the DC multiverse as the Flash of Two Worlds was such an iconic image at the time :o

RIP Carmine :(
  • Bob PaisleyBob Paisley Posts: 3,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And designed the 'new look' Batman (with the yellow oval bat logo - which they should never have got rid of).
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And designed the 'new look' Batman (with the yellow oval bat logo - which they should never have got rid of).

I never knew that... learn something new all the time :o

I was so excited when Frank Miller brought the old style uniform back for Year One too :eek: :(
  • Bob PaisleyBob Paisley Posts: 3,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    I never knew that... learn something new all the time :o

I was so excited when Frank Miller brought the old style uniform back for Year One too :eek: :(

It's been a bit of a mixed blessing, to be honest. There was a certain coolness to bringing back the original costume - but the yellow oval logo is iconic design...

...and while I'm at it, I don't like the new-look outfits for Superman and Batman as part of the New 52. Both characters have worn their pants over their tights for at least seventy years. They look naked without them now.