Options

This explains why Coleen forgave Wayne

Comments

• Options
    funcifunci Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good post....typical double standards from the Mail, sneering at Rooney and other rich footballers, yet when anyone criticises the royals or greedy bankers about their wealth, the Mail (and other right-wing papers) would accuse them of "class envy":rolleyes:

Thank you didn't think anyone would agree with me!
    You're right about the 'class envy' comment. Oh the hatred I have for the Daily Fail knows no bounds! :(
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When they have that much money, they're entitled to spend it as they wish. £25 for chicken nuggets and £17 a cocktail... whatever. It's all pocket change to them.

I just find the wages that they get to be obscene and totally offensive, when there are fireman saving kids from burning buildings and doctors saving people's lives on a fraction of what what the footballers earn a week in a year. All we can do is pay our taxes, work hard and get by. Footballers even get out of being supertaxed. Supertaxing them would still leave them incredibly rich. It's laughable. They're pretty much untouchable, as are most of the rich and famous.

Money doesn't buy class. The Rooneys are living proof of this.
  • Options
    Scottish_girlScottish_girl Posts: 5,786
    Forum Member
    I think Colleen does love Wayne, but putting his income aside, I can't understand why. The man has humiliated her twice publically with prostitutes no less, the latter being when she was pregnant which is even worse. Can it get much worse?! I don't think Wayne can get any lower. He's scum. He's a overpaid, cheating waste of space and I can't understand why Colleen stuck around long enough to marry him and have a child with him.

As far as I can see it's surely only a matter of time before Wayne goes back to his old ways. Colleen has made her bed an now she must lie in it.
  • Options
    Huffy1968Huffy1968 Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the two previous posts, Unigal07 and scottish_girl have both summed the Rooneys up perfectly. I think Colleen knows exactly what she is doing, and always has. Although they went on a date when they were kids, she only started seriously dating him when he got his first-team contract with Everton. Wayne has cheated on Coleen, very publically, twice, with prostitutes. And how does he say sorry? Take her on an expensive holiday and allegedly get her a boob job? Classy. She can only be there for the money now, she might have a child with him but is that really enough? I don't think so.

Renewing their vows? PR bullshit. They really are welcome to each other.
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daily Star claim they're renewing their wedding vows.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/160291/ROONEYS-WED-AGAIN/

If this is true (and being the DS I somehow doubt it) Wayne's vows seem to have meant bugger all last time round, why should a renewal make them any more meaningful?

Doesn't really matter if they did or not, changes nothing really, he is still a cheat and a prick and she is only with him for the money plus chicken nuggets with chips.

Renewing the vows is meaningless.
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    When I mentioned this in the general discussion forum, I was shouted down! Obviously alot of Rooney supporters there!

You shouldnt care who shoots you down, its your opinions, the difference is your not blinkered by blind faith ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toribaynes wrote: »
    why do they always end up going to bloody dubai? its like blackpool with sunshine and better beaches its tacky as hell if i were rich id go somewhere much more classy and as for £25 for chicken nuggets and chips lol they mustve seen em coming MUGS!!

A high profile celeb does it and all the deperado's follow, especially the Wags :D Then it just becomes cheap!
    CMcKinley wrote: »
    They really should start capping wages. The English teams seem to be the ones with more money than sense, it's for their own good in the long run.

I completely agree with you. Its been needed for a long time already. Liverpools recent financial issues, and Man utd of present surely highlight that it wont be long until other clubs start doing a Pompey, all it takes is not making it into the Champions league and it all starts from there! I'm a Leeds fan I should no, needed doing a LONG time ago!!!
    funci wrote: »
    Right I know I'm about to be shot down in flames, but...

He is a professional footballer, that's how much they earn. How they choose to spend their money is up to them. If I had just had a payrise and a few weeks off then I too would be going on holiday!
    The Dail Mail again makes me laugh with it's snide captions

What?! On holiday?? Surely there is some mistake!:rolleyes:

Or maybe she was wondering has she done the right thing, how her sister doing, or maybe she was just relaxing after a hectic few weeks.

The whole article smacks of jealousy to me.

Personally I do think that footballers in general are paid to much and their earnings should be linked to their performance. However, they are not and people should just accept that whinging about it isn't going to change the fact.

As for Coleen, she has been with Wayne since she was a child so doesn't know what it's like to be out of that bubble plus given her background and the fact they have a child together I doubt very much she will throw away the chance of financial security. Maybe she doesn't think she could cope on her own. Self esteem issues aren't restricted to the poor you know!

Whatever the outcome I think it's no one else's business.

For starters Disloyality shouldnt be rewarded by an extorinate pay rise :D They ought to have shown him the door! How can the club be so fickle, or the fans for that matter? Anyway my point is he was given a 'Break' when Coleen went to Prague over an injury that was questionable. He claimed their was nothing wrong with him, after SAF gave him soem time off. Conveniently now after a huge rise he's injured and back on Holiday again? It isnt baout actually going on holiday, its whats happening around that time also ;) Dont be so quick to assume its Jealousy, its distateful after how the fans of the club and the club itself has been treted and he doesnt give a sh*t basically. I can't believe I defending Man Utd fans:eek:
    i4u wrote: »
    She does have her own income....

according to court papers she was paid £40,000 a month for articles in OK and £13,000 an episode of the ITV series she made.

I don't think her individual projects will be as sucessful as before, I think alot of people have lost respect for her and she isnt the same down to earth girl people believed her to be.
    Rooney wont be at Utd for much longer. All the club has done is buy time & made his price tag a bit bigger in readiness for hime to go in the summer . A fire sale in january wouldnt have yeilded what they could get for him.

Ferguson has set him up for a fall. Hes going to have to work twice as hard as anyone else to prove his money.

Rooneys problems stem from his agent. Hence why he wont be at Utd for much longer.

:)

The clubs been very intelligent, Rooney had them by the b*lls. At least now then can get a decent transfer fee out of him, rather than him paying out the remainder that was left of his contract.:D
  • Options
    Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A marriage renewal.... Well I suppose thats so they can get their ugly faces in OK magazine and she can moan on about what she's been through.
    Pathetic. I read in todays newspaper (yes, The Sun) that she says they both deserved the holiday!!! My God, her arrogance beggars belief and it shows she's just the same as him.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou17 wrote: »
    You shouldnt care who shoots you down, its your opinions, the difference is your not blinkered by blind faith ;):D

certainly not where MU is concerned, The men in my family are Arsenal supporters!
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julie68 wrote: »
    A marriage renewal.... Well I suppose thats so they can get their ugly faces in OK magazine and she can moan on about what she's been through.
    Pathetic. I read in todays newspaper (yes, The Sun) that she says they both deserved the holiday!!! My God, her arrogance beggars belief and it shows she's just the same as him.

They have a holiday house in barbados or the bahamas, why coud'nt they go there?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    certainly not where MU is concerned, The men in my family are Arsenal supporters!

:D:D:D Your lucky then!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have a holiday house in barbados or the bahamas, why coud'nt they go there?

They wouldnt get as much Paparazzi attention ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lou17 wrote: »
    They wouldnt get as much Paparazzi attention ;)

Because of that!^

Lets be realistic, we have had the "making up holiday" snaps, soon will be the "renewing the vows" snaps (which given that they have been married for such a short time is a bit of a farce anyhow) and sooner rather than later we will have baby no 2 "baby joy, look at how happy we are pics"

Lets just hope that poor Kai has better morals when he is older than that of his father.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because of that!^

Lets be realistic, we have had the "making up holiday" snaps, soon will be the "renewing the vows" snaps (which given that they have been married for such a short time is a bit of a farce anyhow) and sooner rather than later we will have baby no 2 "baby joy, look at how happy we are pics"

Lets just hope that poor Kai has better morals when he is older than that of his father.

They all have a routine checklist dont they, I wonder if Toni Poole advised them on how the ordering should go :D
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,706
    Forum Member
    funci wrote: »
    Right I know I'm about to be shot down in flames, but...

He is a professional footballer, that's how much they earn.
    ... If I had just had a payrise and a few weeks off then I too would be going on holiday!

While I agree the story bias the Mail puts on their 'articles' is just plain stupid, must take issue with those points.
    Footballers are all paid vast sums of money, but Rooney now is in a super league almost of his own in this country. It's term time, I know he's injured, but after all the debacle I really think it's bad PR to be off in to the sun and so publicly.
    Perhaps the club are in the wrong for allowing it, but he could be having other fitness/stamina/strength coaching and performing other duties for the club, perhaps some of their charity ventures.
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    She wouldn't have that income if she wasn't married to Shrek...

But she is. And it's what other people decide to offer her.
    She could of course just do nothing. It does seem she can't win in people's opinions.
    MONEY talks. Shes nothing without his paypacket-and he knows it as well..thats the only reason. Theres NOTHING worse than a pair of chavs with money.

Nothing?
    War criminals, paedophiles, murderers, torturers?
    I think Colleen does love Wayne, but putting his income aside, I can't understand why.
    ... Colleen has made her bed an now she must lie in it.

I think so too. I feel a certain amount of sympathy because they were together so young, way before he was rich and famous. Let's face it, he didn't have much going for him.
    I can't see why she's still with him. Perhaps she forgave him the first time based on the fact that everyone deserves one chance, and then this time, they have a son together, plus their togetherness is all she's ever known.
    All kinds of women love men who don't treat them well and she has to put up with it all being world news as well.
    I can't say I'd have made the same choice, but who knows.

About £5M worth in Barbados.
    Seems to me it would've been the better choice for a quiet get away.
    The Dubai pics look more like Butlins than glitzy mega bucks holiday, very over crowded.
    It must be a purposeful decision to show the world they're on track or something. She's welcome to him and he's lucky to have her in my book.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member

Funnily enough the moment they checked into the hotel , quite a lot of the hotels guests booked out , knowing that the circus would follow.

:)
  • Options
    louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had respect for her also until she took him back after his cheating with prostitutes. Obviously, she is not as influential a businesswoman in her own right, as is Victoria Beckham, but from a financial point of view, she would have been able to support herself along with the financial settlement she would no doubt receive if they divorced.
    She should have got rid immediately, and put all her energy into her family and disabled sister. She has plenty in her life other than a guy who overestimates his own importance. I do think that Rooney never intended leaving man u and this was, in part, due to Coleen, who wouldn't want to leave her family. I do believe that, in time, he will repeat this tawdry behaviour and she will leave him, probably with a larger financial settlement than she would get if she divorced him now.
  • Options
    bridgetbbridgetb Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Overpaid undertalented.

I really wish people would just stop going to football matches and handing these nobends their salaries.Watch it down the pub if you have to but just stop going to the matches then their salary will have to drop surely..?

They deserve each other - she's a bloody moron for staying with him.
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bridgetb wrote: »
    Overpaid undertalented.

I really wish people would just stop going to football matches and handing these nobends their salaries.Watch it down the pub if you have to but just stop going to the matches then their salary will have to drop surely..?

More or less what I've been saying.

The renewing the vows crud, how long till he breaks them again? will she still stay?

Watch this space.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Overpaid undertalented.

But loyal fans wont stop doing what they love and have done for years just for one primma donna. As much as many dont agree with whats happening in the world of football, real fans love the atmosphere of match days.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Why did Coleen forgive Wayne ?"
    One word -
    MONEY
    Simple as that !

Really ? she has her own money these days and could have divorced him and taken him for a packet on top , so I dont think its money.

Perhaps she actually loves him and unlike her hubby believes her vows and wants to make a go of it , if she were Mrs Rooney from Tescos checkout would anyone question her giving her husband another chance ?

Not everything is about money , and as I said she would not be short if she had divorced him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Really ? she has her own money these days and could have divorced him and taken him for a packet on top , so I dont think its money.

Perhaps she actually loves him and unlike her hubby believes her vows and wants to make a go of it , if she were Mrs Rooney from Tescos checkout would anyone question her giving her husband another chance ?

Not everything is about money , and as I said she would not be short if she had divorced him.

You are right not everythings about money. However let's be honest. Let's say she had divorced him, without the brand and the name I don't believe Colleen would get all the opportunities she has now I.e little woods contract, magazine columns. With Wayne she can make a hell of a lot more cash.
    And she gets to to keep the WAG lifestyle.

I think she must love him but I also think she has no self respect. She's basically given Wayne a licence to walk all over her.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Overpaid undertalented.

Why should normal, hard working football fans who pay up to £800 for a season ticket, stop going to their beloved club's matches just because of players like Rooney?

Don't be silly.
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    ...But she is. And it's what other people decide to offer her.
    She could of course just do nothing. It does seem she can't win in people's opinions...
    What is the point in quoting another poster out of context?:rolleyes: I was responding to someone who implied she doesn't need him because she earns her own money...
  • Options
    koloisadkoloisad Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    there is still a lot of tension between them, as i saw them waiting for their luggage this afternoon after flying back from their hols. They couldnt have stood further apart, he was at one end of the belt and she was yards away. They never said a word to each other while waiting before being whisked away by the police.