Prism 3d
    Slice It
    Radiant HD
    Smiley Pro
    Bonsai Blast
  • PuckyPucky Posts: 4,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the official one that came with the phone. But I will check out rock, it'll come in handy for certain content off certain sites :o

Another good app is Kindle. It comes with a couple of classic ebooks and you can connect to the amazon store to buy new. There are plenty of free classics that can be downloaded from there.

Yes I'll agree with the Kindle app.. I was actually going to buy a Kindle before I got the Desire.
    I also have the Audible app too.

App 2 SD was recommended to me and I've found it useful in moving installed apps to the phone/SD card as the phone gets full!
  • HardstylerHardstyler Posts: 1,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pucky wrote: »
    Yes I'll agree with the Kindle app.. I was actually going to buy a Kindle before I got the Desire.
    I also have the Audible app too.

App 2 SD was recommended to me and I've found it useful in moving installed apps to the phone/SD card as the phone gets full!

if you've got a desire or any android which has.2.2 froyo then u don't need that app as it comes with froyo..
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Hardstyler wrote: »
    if you've got a desire or any android which has.2.2 froyo then u don't need that app as it comes with froyo..

But you can clear cache in all your apps in just 1 click with app 2 sd app so thats why I have it installed.
  • NasalhairNasalhair Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardstyler wrote: »

The ability for an application to be installed to the SD card does indeed exist in Froyo, but the developer of the application has to code it to support the feature. App2SD allows you to install all apps to your SD card, regardless of whether the developer has added the necessary code or not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    Vplayer is pretty damn useful, plays loads of different video files, so no need to convert avi files
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barnacle Wifi Tether has to be close to tops.

Standard I think now on 2.2?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Standard on 2.2 yup, and very useful when my broadband gets knocked out every now and then. Tap one button and everythings on and working perfectly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the WiFi on 2.2 is ace, the security features are good. setting a password and having to.accept an IP before anyone can use it...
  • djleekeedjleekee Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope you get ther most/best out of your HTC Desire!

Ive had mine for best part of a year and have been blogging about some of the best apps on my website.

Here is a link to the best over the year and some tips on battery life etc!

http://djleekee.wordpress.com/category/mobile-phones/android-os/

Enjoy.
    Lee
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barnacle only seems to have WEP security!
    Safe enough though if you limit it to a maximum of one client.

Google maps is again improved with much better data caching supposedly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    Barnacle only seems to have WEP security!
    Safe enough though if you limit it to a maximum of one client.

Google maps is again improved with much better data caching supposedly.

yes but if you tick the ask permission box that's extra.security as you have to accept before they can connect even with a password...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be useful if I could find one on the free edition.
    Forum Member
    Nasalhair wrote: »
    The ability for an application to be installed to the SD card does indeed exist in Froyo, but the developer of the application has to code it to support the feature. App2SD allows you to install all apps to your SD card, regardless of whether the developer has added the necessary code or not.

No it doesnt i have around 10 apps in the phones memory what it wont install to sd card.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    No it doesnt i have around 10 apps in the phones memory what it wont install to sd card.

Correct, certain types of application, cannot and should not be moved to external storage. These include widgets, live wallpapers, alarm services etc.

See here:
    http://developer.android.com/guide/appendix/install-location.html#ShouldNot

A developer can specify one of three values for install: internalOnly, Auto or preferExternal. See here:
    http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/manifest/manifest-element.html#install

If the first is specified or the installLocation attribute is not specified, you cannot only install on internal memory.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tune in - Great internet radio app.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you'd properly read what I'd posted...

For info there is a hack you can do to the Desire which allows you to move ANY application to the SD card, regardless of whether you've installed App2SD or if the developer has allowed the app to be moved. I did this to mine and now pretty much everything is on my SD card, apart from things the OS itself needs.
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    everpaper is a very good instapaper client.

DoubleTwist a very good all-in one music/video app. Will import playlists from iTunes as well!!
    Forum Member
    If you'd properly read what I'd posted...

For info there is a hack you can do to the Desire which allows you to move ANY application to the SD card, regardless of whether you've installed App2SD or if the developer has allowed the app to be moved. I did this to mine and now pretty much everything is on my SD card, apart from things the OS itself needs.

Your phone has to be 'rooted' though for that I guess?
  • BOOTHY2905BOOTHY2905 Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard about one that you can rip MP3's from youtube video's but don't know what it's called!!:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    I've found the game 'Alchemy' to be pretty addictive, downloaded the free version and love it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your phone has to be 'rooted' though for that I guess?

No, it doesn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member

Not quite ANY but nearly, with setInstallLocation, protected apps still cannot be moved.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nickmack wrote: »
    Not quite ANY but nearly, with setInstallLocation, protected apps still cannot be moved.

True, but in my experience the "protected" apps tend to be tiny and barely worth worrying about.
  • chaos77chaos77 Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    djleekee wrote: »
    Hope you get ther most/best out of your HTC Desire!

Ive had mine for best part of a year and have been blogging about some of the best apps on my website.

Here is a link to the best over the year and some tips on battery life etc!

http://djleekee.wordpress.com/category/mobile-phones/android-os/

Enjoy.
    Lee

nice :)