Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite a lot happened in that month not directly related to their album, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen on ATRL

Poll: Will "Pretty Girls" debut in the top ten?

Well, Work Bitch didn't, so I don't see any reason why this should unless it's substantially better or more commercially viable. And judging by the featuring credit, it won't be.

On the other hand, Little Mix has, collectively, the songwriting acumen of about 500 of whatever nobodies wrote Work Bitch, so maybe there's hope.

:D
    #BuyAlbum3
  • Options
    felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    jade went to legoland today.............
  • Options
    Forum Member
    please don't be mad at me for this comment guys but...
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/04/09/12/2765178000000578-0-image-a-125_1428579318938.jpg
    I never paid attention to perrie's teeth before...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always liked that she didnt succumb to the Hollywood whitened, capped teeth look. Having said that as an American I do admire Leigh's teeth.

British dentistry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    One thing about her lately though, Ive always been fond of her pale look, did she get tanned?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I've never noticed anyone in the band's teeth, frankly.

The only time I think I really noticed a pop star's teeth at all was after Cher Lloyd had her entire mouth filled with fake ones. I still think it looks awful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing about her lately though, Ive always been fond of her pale look, did she get tanned?

Everyone pointed at her when she emerged from her house, but I thought she didnt look as pale during the Hangout. Basically ever since they returned from Dubai.
  • Options
    eragoneragon Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Jesy is with Jake again. So much time off!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Danish_MixerDanish_Mixer Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    please don't be mad at me for this comment guys but...
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/04/09/12/2765178000000578-0-image-a-125_1428579318938.jpg
    I never paid attention to perrie's teeth before...

I have, lmao :D
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wait for the DM and its comments section ;-)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/zayn-malik-perrie-edwards-to-5516537
    Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards 'to MARRY at Disneyland in June'
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the snippets Pretty Girls sounds quite 'Little Mixy'. If the girls really have gone with a new sound for the 3rd album PG could mark the end of the era. That could be a good thing, we wouldn't want them to come out with a song that sounds like PG.

The delay in video filming could be due to the director only being available next week but Leigh's trip to Jamaica does suggest it was planned around the girls. Hopefully the shoot will happen the moment she and Jesy are back in the country. Surely they've finished recording at least?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the snippets Pretty Girls sounds quite 'Little Mixy'. If the girls really have gone with a new sound for the 3rd album PG could mark the end of the era. That could be a good thing, we wouldn't want them to come out with a song that sounds like PG.

I hadnt thought of it that way. I'm not sure if I want to because then there would be no benefit to PG exposing the LM sound to a wider audience if they were abandoning it. They'd be starting over from scratch. Anyone curious to look them up would have to be satisfied with their back catalog.

From the bts video with Glynne it still looks like they are sticking with certain elements like the percussive sounds of the clapping and foot stomps. Undeniably Little Mix indeed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just realized

Every time I walk outta my house
    Its like Heeey Baaabeey

reminds me of

Hey baby
    I'm on a roll
  • Options
    The AnswerThe Answer Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    I hadnt thought of it that way. I'm not sure if I want to because then there would be no benefit to PG exposing the LM sound to a wider audience if they were abandoning it. They'd be starting over from scratch. Anyone curious to look them up would have to be satisfied with their back catalog.

From the bts video with Glynne it still looks like they are sticking with certain elements like the percussive sounds of the clapping and foot stomps. Undeniably Little Mix indeed.

You have to remember that just because a song is written by a particular artist doesn't mean its going to have a similar sound as someone who picks it up and changes some things. I wouldn't look at is a representation of what's to come from LM sound wise. Britney has her own team. Some of the lyrics may remain, but the producers will add their own spin to it. While this may be new territory for LM, it happens all too often and the writers are hardly remembered if we are being honest. How many writers can you name from other hit songs?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Answer wrote: »
    You have to remember that just because a song is written by a particular artist doesn't mean its going to have a similar sound as someone who picks it up and changes some things. I wouldn't look at is a representation of what's to come from LM sound wise. Britney has her own team. Some of the lyrics may remain, but the producers will add their own spin to it. While this may be new territory for LM, it happens all too often and the writers are hardly remembered if we are being honest. How many writers can you name from other hit songs?

Bob Dylan hasnt done too badly....

Have you actually been following the discussion here or on the Britney fan sites? Because we've been noting how much the snippets do sound like LM, and I've been reading a lot of praise from the Brit fans about the clapping, the lyrics and the "chanting" - all characteristics of LM songs. I admit I was afraid their contribution would be completely masked by the finished product but I'm getting a strong impression Britney kept a lot of LM in and Iggy just added on without changing. This is a lot of why I've been following events so closely, monitoring reactions. Also in this case, LM's producers were also Britney's, The Invisible Men.

Zone-Out thats a UK site. All access is US radio.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Maybe it has a special radio deal? I'm not sure whether those show up on this list. It's not like it's going to slip under the radar, anyway!

Fairly slim pickings the next few weeks for US radio, it looks like. Hope Years & Years can get a bit of traction.
  • Options
    Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/zayn-malik-perrie-edwards-to-5516537?ICID=FB_mirror_main

Can they fit a wedding around a album release? Looks as though theres going to be a break in the middle of album 3.

Secondly, where is this picture of Perrie in a wedding dress?

Is the Mirror just making all of this up?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Is the Mirror just making all of this up?"

Most likely. I read a while back that Z pulled a cringe face in an interview or something when a DL wedding was mentioned.
    Nissl wrote: »
    Maybe it has a special radio deal? I'm not sure whether those show up on this list. It's not like it's going to slip under the radar, anyway!

Fairly slim pickings the next few weeks for US radio, it looks like. Hope Years & Years can get a bit of traction.

Maybe the lack of notice has something to do with the "epic plans". At any rate in 2 weeks they will probably release a teaser or video trailer and the single art.
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^
    That's some of the fastest and loosest reporting I've seen in a while, lol. I don't think even these two lovebirds would be tacky enough to get married at Disneyland. They seem to prefer doing most of their private things on the down low.

Sigh, so no news of a substantive nature yet. So weird. Happy to see Stooshe apparently recording again. Hope they can revive themselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont expect anything to happen this week with 2/4 out of the country.
  • Options
    Stardust11Stardust11 Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^
    That's some of the fastest and loosest reporting I've seen in a while, lol. I don't think even these two lovebirds would be tacky enough to get married at Disneyland. They seem to prefer doing most of their private things on the down low.

Plus, Jade will be livid if Perrie has a wedding at Disneyland before she does ;-)
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stardust11 wrote: »
    Plus, Jade will be livid if Perrie has a wedding at Disneyland before she does ;-)

I wish I could 'like' DS posts, lol. They should hold out and do a double wedding. Perrie can dress as Elsa and Jade can be Jasmine.
This discussion has been closed.