Options

Dinner Date

reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Did anyone else watch 'Dinner Date' yet? I didn't catch Monday's, but today's was actually quite enjoyable, not nearly as naff as I expected!

Comments

• Options
    hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have watched both episodes and really enjoyed it.

A nice simple idea and perfect for daytime. Makes a nice change from Loose Women as well! Haha
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I saw yesterday's and today's and thought both eps were quite pleasant, like the contestants. It helped that the girl doing the choosing yesterday, and today's winner were really nice looking! :p

Though I can't help thinking that it's in that honeymoon period before the show starts to attract attention seeking nutters.
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't seen the earlier shows but I like both the girls that have been on today's show so far!

edit: the third girl is a bit scary.

The presenter is trying her best to be funny and does have the odd moment, but she's certainly no Dave Lamb.

Although I don't know that it works very well as a dating show (of sorts) since there's clearly a camera man and sound crew standing in the room 1m from the dining table all the time, so it all comes across as extremely fake.
  • Options
    RedHedRedHed Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Juat watched it for the first time today, it wasn't bad (deffinitely better than watching Sherrie Hewson act like a numpty for an hour) but I just couldn't help comparing it to Come Dine With Me & it's not really in the same league, not without a Dave Lamb anyway.

I've seen that girl somewhere before (the one who got the date) possibly Pop Idol or X-factor maybe?
  • Options
    Moany LizaMoany Liza Posts: 22,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched it yesterday and today.

Can't understand why anyone would decide to try and cook something she had never tried before and both yesterday and today's shows had girls who were clearly lacking a bit of knowledge about what they were trying to cook.

The guys both seemed to be drawn more toward the girls who seemed competent and calm about their meals.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched it on Monday, and although she swapped numbers with the bloke she picked to take to dinner, she ended up dating someone else. The bloke she chose was rather nice :). I can't imagine it will lead to anything close to serious for any of the participants though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't seen it yet but I meant to watch it, along with The Boss Is Coming To Dinner show.

Can anyone tell me what time and what channel it's on pls?
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    grotbags1 wrote: »
    I watched it on Monday, and although she swapped numbers with the bloke she picked to take to dinner, she ended up dating someone else. The bloke she chose was rather nice :). I can't imagine it will lead to anything close to serious for any of the participants though.

I was about to ask if they did versions with a woman choosing between three men as I have only seen episodes with men choosing women.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HALibutt wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what time and what channel it's on pls?

ITV1 12.30pm
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »
    I was about to ask if they did versions with a woman choosing between three men as I have only seen episodes with men choosing women.

Yeah and they all cooked rather well too (well appeared to, obviously I wasn't tasting it)!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else watch 'Dinner Date' yet? I didn't catch Monday's, but today's was actually quite enjoyable, not nearly as naff as I expected!

Its good I have really enjoyed this. Hope we get another series.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    One guy yesterday seemed too cook fantastic sounding/looking food (Thai beef curry etc) with chocolate brownie for desert :) It was a huge slab of it :eek: He clearly put a lot of effort in making it and the girl in that episode was nice too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    ITV1 12.30pm

Thank you! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it ,much rather this than loose women.I wanted him to choose the third girl today she seemed to want to go out with him the most.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    One guy yesterday seemed too cook fantastic sounding/looking food (Thai beef curry etc) with chocolate brownie for desert :) It was a huge slab of it :eek: He clearly put a lot of effort in making it and the girl in that episode was nice too.

:confused:

The episode I saw yesterday was three girls cooking.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Probably I meant Monday - my bad :o

:)
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its good I have really enjoyed this. Hope we get another series.

There are 29 episodes, so if they run all of them it will be on for 6 weeks (excluding Bank Holiday Monday) ie. until Friday 17th Sept. I would have thought LW would be back before then...
    I think running it for a full 6 weeks would be too long and people will get sick of it. Perhaps, they'll keep a couple of weeks back and air them over Xmas - the next time the regular "chat" shows have a break??
  • Options
    Sherry TrifleSherry Trifle Posts: 2,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw it on Monday & thought it was quite a good show, & hilarious how the third date had her clearing the table when they'd finished eating, she was quite affronted & made her excuses to go to the loo & then call a taxi home. :D
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m watching my recordings of it now.

It doesn’t seem to have an accompanying website with the recipes. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it today. It was older people than the last couple of days. I correctly guessed which 3 menus Ross would go for but I thought he'd choose differently for his date out with one of the ladies. (I won't spoil if for anyone who hasn't watched it yet).

It was reassuring to see that all three ladies today seemed to know reasonably well what they were doing and all three dinners looked really nice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m enjoying the first one.

I like James best. I wonder if that’s the one she picks. I suspect not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was right, she picked Will, the one she kept saying was good looking.
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    grotbags1 wrote: »
    Yeah and they all cooked rather well too (well appeared to, obviously I wasn't tasting it)!

Some of us lads can cook very well. :D

Actually I only want to watch ones with a woman choosing between 3 men, just because there will be more men to ogle. :D;)
  • Options
    ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Actually I only want to watch ones with a woman choosing between 3 men, just because there will be more men to ogle. :D;)

LOL yes i would prefer that too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

sod that, the only ones that they should bother showing are the ones with one lucky man picking from three lovely ladies! The three-man ones can be shown at 4am.
This discussion has been closed.