Manchester United vs Liverpool - Sunday 16th March 2014

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
Forum Member
Who do you think will win this Super Sunday clash this weekend?

No prizes for guessing who I'm supporting but in the end I'm expecting it to be a draw.

Comments

• Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    *In before it descends into the usual chaos*

Liverpool should go into this match as optimistic of a win at OT as they have been for years. Going on our performances this season there is no real reason for us to expect to beat them.

However that certainly doesn't mean we won't win or we aren't capable of winning. We have the players and the ability to do it and do it by a margin but up until now we have almost excuslively failed to show it this season so there isn't any huge reason to expect us to turn it on like a tap on Sunday.

Play like we have done in some of our more inexplicable defeats this season and Suarez and Sturridge will rip us a new one, play like we can actually play and it could be a cracking game.
  • super-eaglesuper-eagle Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liverpool are overrated. Utd will win this one.
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most years its Liverpool who have to up the game to beat Utd but this year its all changed so the form book is out the windows and i'll guess a 2-2 draw
  • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Liverpool play like they have done all season and United play like they have done. Then Liverpool will win and win easily but given our record at Old Trafford I'm fully expecting a United win. They will be totally up for it to put a halt to a scouse title challenge.
  • TalkmanTalkman Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This will be a tough game for Liverpool as form goes as out the window in these games
    I predict a very attacking game with plenty of goals I think it will end up a 2.2 draw,
    Not the ideal result for Liverpool but a draw will kill off any hope man united have of catching Liverpool :D
  • jclock66jclock66 Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liverpool should win this one but I wouldn't put money on it.
  • AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pity they couldn`t both lose.......
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have a good feeling about this game, so I'm going for a 2-0 United win.:(
  • mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liverpool are overrated. Utd will win this one.

Says the fan of the most overated team in the prem:D
  • jclock66jclock66 Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikeyddd wrote: »
    Says the fan of the most overated team in the prem:D

Don't laugh, Wigan are a top team

:D
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would give me great pleasure if we stopped Liverpool from being in the title mix.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    Man Utd will win it.

I'll go for 1-0, probably when Liverpool forget to mark Van Persie at a set piece, or when Skrtel inevitably does something stupid and gives away a penalty
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David moyes will believe he can catch Liverpool if they win on Sunday,
    As man united will be then just 8 points behind liverpool,
    And Liverpool have some very tough games that they could easily lose,
    Like the ones against Chelsea and man city, that could be six points dropped right there,
    So A draw would not be a bad result for liverpool as it keeps man united away from us
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    United 1-3 Liverpool.

My honest (and gut-wrenching) prediction.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talkman wrote: »
    David moyes will believe he can catch Liverpool if they win on Sunday,
    As man united will be then just 8 points behind liverpool,
    And Liverpool have some very tough games that they could easily lose,
    Like the ones against Chelsea and man city, that could be six points dropped right there,
    So A draw would not be a bad result for liverpool as it keeps man united away from us

Why are you worried about keeping United away from you?

You have categorically stated that Liverpool will finish first or second. United will be nowhere near that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Read my post again I said david moyes will believe he can catch liverpool
    If they win on Sunday.

And while I think Liverpool can still win the title anything can happen in football
    It's full of swings and round abouts
    Forum Member
    Why are you worried about keeping United away from you?

You have categorically stated that Liverpool will finish first or second. United will be nowhere near that.

Poets often change direction between stanzas allowing the reader to observe different viewpoints and experience different emotions. I feel talkman evokes the spirit of the late Seamus Heaney's style of writing in so far as you get the impression that he is p***** when he does most of his work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poets....I see the grammar police have arrived again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Read my post again I said david moyes will believe he can catch liverpool
    If they win on Sunday.

I have read it again. It still contains 'So A draw would not be a bad result for liverpool as it keeps man united away from us'. Why are you so worried about that, when you're DEFINITELY going to finish first or second?
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Poets often change direction between stanzas allowing the reader to observe different viewpoints and experience different emotions. I feel talkman evokes the spirit of the late Seamus Heaney's style of writing in so far as you get the impression that he is p***** when he does most of his work.

Heaney was no match for Talkman.
    Forum Member

Looking for sentences to follow one after the other in the traditional fashion and for full stops to be used to differentiate between them rather than putting them in randomly when the fancy takes you is hardly acting like "grammar police".

You are aware that you are writing as if every post is a poem?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liverpool's first target this season was a champions league place And if liverpool get a draw
    On sunday in my mind that guarantees a top four finish and champions league,
    While at the same time a draw at old Trafford is a good result and still keeps Liverpool
    In the title race
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ah, it's just a bit of banter, innit?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liverpool's first target this season was a champions league place And if liverpool get a draw
    On sunday in my mind that guarantees a top four finish and champions league,
    While at the same time a draw at old Trafford is a good result and still keeps Liverpool
    In the title race

That's not what you said in the Liverpool thread.

You categorically stated that Liverpool would finish first or second.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My posts may seem be like poems but at least I talk sense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My posts may seem be like poems but at least I talk sense.

Really? I'm yet to see any evidence of that.